Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

Default Vince Vaughn Could Care Less What Hollywood Thinks In Revealing Chat on Constitution

Ask actor Vince Vaughn about his political views and he’ll proudly tell you he’s conservative – and he doesn’t really care what Hollywood thinks.

In an telephone interview with Adam Carola, Hollywood A-lister Vince Vaughn made a strong declaration about his conservative principles. When Carolla asked him very directly, “Do you count yourself a conservative?” Vaughn did not hesitate or stammer, he merely replied, “I do, yeah…I mean I’m very supportive of Ron Paul, but I’ve always been more conservative than not.”

During the three minute interview Carolla tried to see if Vaughn’s conservatism was a product of a conservative upbringing. Vaughn talked about growing up in Chicago, with a father who came from a working class family that leaned more democratic.

However, the actor also stated, “As a guy that worked very hard, and sort of put himself through school and stuff, he was more conservative, for sure.”

Carolla claimed that he was not conservative, but he “has been made conservative by the direction the country’s been going.”

When Vaughn was asked if his conservatism runs along the lines of fiscal issues, social issues or both, he mentioned Ron Paul, the Constitution, and a lack of trust in government.

“I really like Ron Paul…I think that when you get older, you just get less trust in the government running anything. And you start to realize…when you go back and start to look at the Constitution and the principles of liberty, the real purpose of government is to protect the individual’s right to, you know, sort of think and pursue what they have interest in,” Vaughn replied.

The “Wedding Crashers” star also addressed the Hollywood bias against conservatives in the industry, but also maintained, “I can disagree with people but not have it be the forefront of all conversations.”

Vaughn has also teamed up with TheBlaze TV to put out “Pursuit of the Truth,” a reality show searching for the next great documentary filmmaker.

Listen to audio from the excerpt from the Adam Carolla Podcast  (caution, the clip contains some strong language).

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

I like Vince Vaughn, but it's a sad commentary on Hollywood that he can be considered an "A-lister".
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 1,478 Times in 1,008 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    I like Vince Vaughn, but it's a sad commentary on Hollywood that he can be considered an "A-lister".
    Who says that he is an A-Lister?

Have you seen any of the movies he has been in?

-Fred Claus
    -Couples Retreat
    -The Dilemma
    -The Watch
    -The Internship

Vince Vaughn is not an A-list guy.

I liked him in Clay Pigeons and his brief role in Into The Wild, but that's it. He sucks in almost everything else I've seen him in.

I have no problem with his political views.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 11.08.13 at 04:18 PM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Who says that he is an A-Lister?

Have you seen any of the movies he has been in?

-Fred Claus
    -Couples Retreat
    -The Dilemma
    -The Watch
    -The Internship

Vince Vaughn is not an A-list guy.

I liked him in Clay Pigeons and his brief role in Into The Wild, but that's it. He sucks in almost everything else I've seen him in.

I have no problem with his political views.
    C'mon man, "Wedding Crashers" was great.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 1,478 Times in 1,008 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    C'mon man, "Wedding Crashers" was great.
    I know that I'm in the minority, but I did not care for it. I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson either and so that can be a problem when trying to enjoy a comedy.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

People who say, "I could care less about..." Deserve a place in Hell.

If you say "I could care less" that technically means you care.

I COULDN'T care less shows that you really don't give a shit.

Thank you.

Ill be over here if you need me......
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Liked 6,688 Times in 3,708 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post

Thank you.

I'm with you. Hate when people say that - basically like slapping a "don't understand english" sticker on your forehead.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post

Thank you.

What's your take on "befriended" and "beheaded"?? .......ducks....
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    same sad commentary that Jennifer Anniston is an A lister WTF

they just released some stills from her new movie We are the Millers...she plays a stripper..........well............I saw those pictures of her in a short black wig and black lingerie and didn't recognize her....I thought it was an ugly transgender

never understood her appeal, never bought into any of her characters.....make that character

anyway back to Vince Vaughn......as many liberals as there are in Hollywood, I would think there are a lot of conservatives as well.....in fact I believe there are more closeted conservatives in Hollywood than there are closeted homosexuals.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I never liked Vince Vaughn. Liked his roles in Into the Wild and Anchorman but have hated just about everything else.

Including Wedding Crashers, because I also don't like Owen Wilson.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

He was great in Swingers. Has played the same role ever since.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

He's done some funny movies. There's nothing wrong with his political views.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

anyway back to Vince Vaughn......as many liberals as there are in Hollywood, I would think there are a lot of conservatives as well.....in fact I believe there are more closeted conservatives in Hollywood than there are closeted homosexuals.
    Hollywood’s conservative underground

By Amy Fagan-The Washington Times Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A group of politically conservative and centrist Hollywood figures organized by actor Gary Sinise and others has been meeting quietly in restaurants and private homes, forming a loose-knit network of entertainers who share common beliefs like supporting U.S. troops and traditional American values.

Some of those involved are taking more public steps to counter the entertainment industry’s tilt toward liberalism and Democratic politics, such as campaigning for Republican Sen. John McCain or crafting projects to portray America in a more positive light.

The group, whose members call themselves “Friends of Abe” after Abraham Lincoln, was organized as an underground movement because of fears that prominent industry titans with outspoken liberal views would retaliate, said participants. They often were reluctant to name members of the group in interviews for fear it would hurt their careers.

“It’s a growing movement, and word is getting out that there’s many of us in this business …,” said 1950s singer Pat Boone, one of the few conservatives to talk about the movement publicly. “If certain studio execs - hirers and firers - learn that this is a movement and growing, and that some of these people that they hire are of this inclination, these people could be unemployed.”

Friends of Abe has functioned like a support group, organizing informal gatherings where actors, producers, screenwriters, key grips and other industry types can share common values or discuss concerns like anti-Americanism in Hollywood movies or the perception of industry bias against conservatives and Republicans.

The movement has grown over the past few years from gatherings of a few dozen to one last month that drew more than 600 to a billionaire’s California estate, Mr. Boone said.

People familiar with the movement credited Mr. Sinise, whose roles range from the blockbuster movie “Forrest Gump” to the TV show “CSI: New York” for helping organize the movement.

Sinise spokeswoman Staci Wolfe said the actor was traveling with a band to entertain U.S. troops overseas and was unavailable for an interview. She would say only: “He is not registered with any political party.”

Participants said Friends of Abe is not partisan, but rather functions as a support group where Republicans, Democrats and independents alike can discuss issues they care about. And the low-key gatherings at restaurants and homes have given conservatives a safe place to meet and express their views, they added.

“A Friend of Abe is someone who has reverence for those who serve in our military and believes that American liberal democracy is a unique success, different from others, and it’s worthy of the respect of our popular culture … of Hollywood in particular,” said screenwriter Lionel Chetwynd, who helped organize Friends of Abe luncheons when they began four years ago.

Mr. Chetwynd said Friends of Abe generally find themselves at odds with the rhetoric of their hard-left colleagues in Hollywood.

Craig Haffner, a producer who also attended the gatherings, said Friends of Abe is “not a political action group; people are gravitating to it because they love their country.”

While the group is not organizing any political activities, some of its members are taking action into their own hands.

Actor Jon Voight, Mr. Boone, Mr. Chetwynd and Mr. have stepped forward and actively campaigned for Mr. McCain’s presidential bid. Mr. Boone said he talked to McCain campaign staffers last week about how he and other stars can help. Supporters now are assembling a formal organization for Mr. McCain in Hollywood, a few of the leaders said.

Meanwhile, many want to produce more movie and theater projects with a positive American message and stronger emphasis on positive cultural values instead of films that paint America as “the great Satan,” Mr. Boone said. Mr. Chetwynd said such efforts have been under way for several years, well before the Friends of Abe luncheons began.

Actor Kelsey Grammer, a Republican, is aware of the group but won’t comment further, his publicist said.

David Horowitz, another Hollywood conservative and founder of the Los Angeles-based Center for the Study of Popular Culture, said the group is serving a good purpose but he worries its members won’t be aggressive enough.

“There’s a kind of … intellectual terror in this town. People are terrorized; they’re afraid to say what they think. So what Gary is doing to provide aid and comfort to its victims is admirable, and I applaud him for it,” he said. “But my concern is it’s not going to be much more than that.”

Last I checked they were over 2,000 strong.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Good for him. Fuck what all the liberals and dumocrats think. Bunch of self righteous assholes.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Good for him. Fuck what all the liberals and dumocrats think. Bunch of self righteous assholes.
    Nice to meet you too

Sincerely,
    Self-righteous asshole
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.