Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default The unsung hero of the shutdown fight is Nancy Pelosi.

The unsung hero of the shutdown fight is Nancy Pelosi. It was obvious when every single Democrat stood together to stop the default. If you want Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the House again, add your name! Join EMILY's List and help us take back the House.

http://emilyslist.org/take-action/gi...antNancy_LPOST
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

She's a moron.

Boehner's a moron.

Elect an entire new House of Representatives and start over.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

Are there any republicans out there that are good anymore?? I'm a conservative - but even I find it hard to find many down there that I'd elect if a citizen.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Are there any republicans out there that are good anymore?? I'm a conservative - but even I find it hard to find many down there that I'd elect if a citizen.
    Well it depends on what you are looking for with a Republican. Some say moderate Republicans are only in name only. That would include Ronald Reagan, Nixon, Ike, etc because they would be considered moderates in today's GOP.

Other would say Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Ryan, etc are the the true believers.

Personally just because our country is fucked up due to previous Democrats and Republicans doesn't change the party name. If one is a moderate like Ohio's Governor John Kaisach, well that is better than an extremist. Just like a moderate Democrat (Munckin?) from West Virgiinia is better than Pelosi.

Anyway the true believers of the far left and right have fucked our country far more than the people in the middle.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Are you happy with any conservatives in Canada?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

The Virginia Governor's race is going to be lost to Democrat Terry McAuliffe next week because the Republican Party has lost their fucking minds with these Christian Conservative candidates they keep putting up.

I'm a Christian, and a Conservative, and I see nothing resembling Christianity or Conservatism in most of these candidates.

Ken Cuccinelli has run a horrible campaign, makes some of the dumbest comments and speeches, and is going to probably get just absolutely trounced next week by a candidate who is nothing more than a used car salesman.

With his lack of experience, his failures as a business owner and his scandals, Terry McAuliffe shouldn't even be able to sniff the Governor's Mansion. But Cuccinelli has gone on the Pro-Life offensive, which is just a LOSING platform, and they have now taken the door he opened and blown it off the hinges with all the statements he has made about morality issues.

I won't get into the details, and a good portion of it is an inaccurate portrayal of Cuccinelli, but he should KNOW that going into an election. "Hey, I've said some stupid shit in the past about contraception and other morality issues, maybe I should stay out of that and just concentrate on our economic policies".

But no, he just makes it easy for them, and then at a campaign stop they start talking about the movie Gattaca and genetic engineering! WTF?

So, I will again be voting for the third party guy, just for the sole reason that he is NOT McAuliffe or Cuccinelli.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 11.01.13 at 07:26 AM.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    The Virginia Governor's race is going to be lost to Democrat Terry McAuliffe next week because the Republican Party has lost their fucking minds with these Christian Conservative candidates they keep putting up.

I'm a Christian, and a Conservative, and I see nothing resembling Christianity or Conservatism in most of these candidates.

Ken Cuccinelli has run a horrible campaign, makes some of the dumbest comments and speeches, and is going to probably get just absolutely trounced next week by a candidate who is nothing more than a used car salesman.

With his lack of experience, his failures as a business owner and his scandals, Terry McAuliffe shouldn't even be able to sniff the Governor's Mansion. But Cuccinelli has gone on the Pro-Life offensive, which is just a LOSING platform, and they have now taken the door he opened and blown it off the hinges with all the statements he has made about morality issues.

I won't get into the details, and a good portion of it is an inaccurate portrayal of Cuccinelli, but he should KNOW that going into an election. "Hey, I've said some stupid shit in the past about contraception and other morality issues, maybe I should stay out of that and just concentrate on our economic policies".

But no, he just makes it easy for them, and then at a campaign stop they start talking about the movie Gattaca and genetic engineering! WTF?

So, I will again be voting for the third party guy, just for the sole reason that he is NOT McAuliffe or Cuccinelli.

Just wait for the "Selfie" generation hits the age to go into politics...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

I have never heard of Cucinelli being described as a Christian Conservative but I don't live in Virginia so that explains that, maybe. He is the Atty General isn't he? However, he will lose because of the third party guy getting the votes of people who are disillusioned.

Now, I understand where you're coming from DD, but that is very dangerous considering what McAuliffe is and represents. Hey, did I think Romney was the greatest thing in the world? Nope. I voted for him because I knew where the other guy stood. Cucinelli is within 4 points from the last poll I saw so he MIGHT pull it off. Obamacare is about as popular as root canal and he did fight it as Atty General so maybe.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Cuccinelli is trailing by twelve points, he's cooked, and the third party is not taking votes away from him that would matter, he's polling around 3%.

Cuccinelli might not be a Christian Conservative, but he has played to that base. And it seems Republicans have still not learned that there is this new thing called "video".

So when you are at a church or at Liberty University or in someone's kitchen, you have to ASSUME you are being recorded and not be caught pandering to your audience and then looking like an idiot to everyone else.

He just does stupid shit. Like having the state seal changed so that roman goddess has more clothes on. That seal has been in use for hundreds of years, with everything else going on, that is what we are worried about? How many clothes the Roman Goddess Virtus has on in the state seal is something we should be wasting time on?

Liberals will use eugenics in the future to make a master race? Don't believe it, just watch Gattaca? Really?

Contraception access, anti-sodomy laws, gay marriage. These are all loser topics in a blue state, and you have to be cognizant of it.

Yes, some people love to hear shit like "one man, one woman" yadda yadda. Most don't give a shit what two people are doing in their own house. They could be covering themselves up in butter and sticking garden houses up their asses for all I care.

Republicans have got to fucking learn that these out dated social issues are losing them elections. They USED to be the party of minimal government interference, but now they want to interfere in people's PERSONAL FUCKING LIFE CHOICES THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RUNNING A COUNTRY.

Let's just say, right now, a high ranking member of the government is having anal sex with someone on their own personal time in a personal place. How is that anyone's fucking business? Why do Republicans all of a sudden care so much about who is fucking whom?

Who cares!?

Contraception. Who CARES!!

Sodomy laws. Who CARES!!

Gay marriage. Who CARES!!

Let's only teach Creationism. Sweet Jesus.

You don't get pregnant from rape. Riiiiight.

I don't recall reading anything in the Constitution about married filing jointly, head of household, or civil unions. The government should be the FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE'S PERSONAL LIVES.

And the Republican party just doesn't fucking get it. If they ran on that policy across the board, they would be winning elections in droves. But they look like fucking hypocrites, they want minimal government here, but they want a whole lot of government interference over there.

The government shouldn't tell us what insurance we have to have, but the government should be able to say that Steve and Bob or Mary and Janice can't get together?

In what world does that make sense? And until they become the true PARTY OF PERSONAL LIBERTY, they will continue to lose large scale elections. Sure, they can still keep winning in areas in which defense of traditional marriage and other such topics are important.

But in areas of the country where people just want the fucking government to leave them alone? They are going to continue losing.

This is all in my humble opinion of course.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Cuccinelli's lost campaign is due in very great part to a natural gas royalties controversy manipulated in the media by libs to be something it's not. I haven't believed for a year or more he's electable as governor, but he's damn sure more qualified than the alternatives. Shame. The populous is going to get everything it's asking for by continuing to elect anti-energy candidates like McAuliffe.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

He is absolutely the most qualified.

But he got associated as a right wing nut-job, and in the current environment, if you get labeled as such, in certain jurisdictions that is a death sentence to your campaign.

And he should be smart enough to know that and to avoid it. And he didn't.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Pelosi is on my short list of people I'd like to punch in the throat (I didnt' contribute to the thread about that a few days back)

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Donor

He is absolutely the most qualified.

But he got associated as a right wing nut-job, and in the current environment, if you get labeled as such, in certain jurisdictions that is a death sentence to your campaign.

And he should be smart enough to know that and to avoid it. And he didn't.
    The other reality is Virginia has turned a single shade of blue since McDonnell was elected. The Commonwealth is basically divided in two now, with almost every major locality north of Roanoke (where the population has exploded) representing a Democratic stronghold. The southern coalfield counties have no voice any longer.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Went looking for the latest polling data and found this. Eh, it might be close.

Three new surveys released Wednesday show Terry McAuliffe with varying leads in the race for Virginia governor, with each poll having a different estimate of the partisan breakdown of Tuesday’s electorate.

A Quinnipiac University poll finds McAuliffe (D) up by four percentage points among likely voters over Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II (R). The survey depicts a far closer race than a Washington Post/Abt-SRBI poll released Monday, which found McAuliffe with a 12 percentage-point lead over Cuccinelli among likely voters. McAuliffe’s lead was his widest yet across three Post polls this year, while his four-point edge in the Quinnipiac poll is near his slimmest advantage in the firm’s four likely-voter surveys.

The chief difference between the surveys was the share of likely voters that identified themselves as Democrats, Republicans and independents, attitudes that both polls measured by asking an identical question.

In the Post poll, self-identified Democrats outnumbered Republicans 35 percent to 27 percent among likely voters, while Quinnipiac found Republicans with a two-point edge in party identification, 31 percent to 29 percent. Previous Quinnipiac polls this fall have found Democrats with a five- to eight-point edge on identification among likely voters; a September Post poll found Democrats with a seven-point edge.

Because neither poll was weighted to match a predetermined partisan composition of voters — a controversial practice among pollsters — the difference reflects a basic divergence in the two surveys’ samples of likely voters in the state. In Virginia, the partisan makeup of voters in recent elections has varied substantially across elections.

In the 2009 governor’s race, exit polling showed Republicans outnumbering Democrats by four points as Republican Robert F. McDonnell cruised to a double-digit victory. But Democrats held six- and seven-point advantages in party identification in 2008 and 2012, respectively, when the commonwealth voted for President Obama.

Two additional university-sponsored polls were released Wednesday, each with differing leads for McAuliffe and estimates of the partisan composition of the likely electorate.

A Roanoke College poll shows a 15-point advantage for McAuliffe over Cuccinelli among likely voters with a corresponding partisan makeup of 36 percent Democratic to 27 percent Republican, similar to the Post/Abt-SRBI poll. A poll from Hampton University reports a six-point lead for McAuliffe among likely voters, with a narrow split of 35 percent Democratic and 33 percent Republican likely voter composition, more closely reflecting the Quinnipiac poll.

Cuccinelli’s team seized on the Quinnipiac result Wednesday as evidence that the race isn’t over.

“For the past several weeks, political pundits have written off Ken Cuccinelli well before any polls have opened or closed, but we have consistently maintained that we know this is a margin race as exhibited in today’s Quinnipiac University poll,” said Cuccinelli strategist Chris LaCivita.

McAuliffe spokeswoman Rachel Thomas cited the Quinnipiac survey as evidence that “mainstream Virginians continue to side with Terry’s common-sense policies to grow the economy and his commitment to working in a bipartisan way to create jobs in the commonwealth over Ken Cuccinelli’s extreme tea party agenda.”

McAuliffe has been ahead in every publicly released independent poll since July, and nearly every survey in the past two months has shown the Democrat leading between five and nine points among likely voters. Support for Robert Sarvis, the Libertarian candidate, has hovered around 10 percent — he is at 9 percent in the Quinnipiac survey — although many polls have indicated that his backers are less certain of their vote than McAuliffe’s and Cuccinelli’s are.

The Quinnipiac poll was conducted Oct. 22-28 among 1,182 Virginia likely voters and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points. The Hampton University survey was conducted Oct. 24, 26 and 27 among 800 likely voters and has a 2.9-point margin of error. Roanoke College surveyed 838 likely voters Oct. 21-27 and has a 3.4-point margin of error. The Post poll was conducted Oct. 24-27 among a random sample of 762 likely voters, and has a 4.5-point error margin. All polls were conducted by calling samples of land-line phones and cellphones.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...dbc_story.html

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Donor

Something will have to really go wrong for McAuliffe to lose Tuesday.