Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    10,543
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:02 PM
    Likes
    572
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default Toronto police net $30 million in drugs at complex linked to Mayor Ford’s ‘crack vide

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/1...s-crack-video/

    Toronto police raided a Dixon Avenue appartement allegedly linked to Mayor Rob Ford’s rumored crack problem and found more than $30 million in drugs and 40 firearms on Thursday morning, according to the Toronto Star.

    In a video published to the Star‘s website, reporters tracked Ford to his home asked him about the raid. The mayor simply said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” then got in his car and drove away.

    “I have nothing to hide,” the Star reported that Ford told reporters at city hall later that day. “They can investigate and you can do whatever you want.”


    Police Chief Bill Blair refused to say whether Ford was linked to the raid in a press conference. “All of the evidence has been secured and it will come out in court, where it belongs,” Blair told reporters.

    As reporters again confronted Ford outside his office, Ford said, “You guys can’t get it through your thick skulls. I’ve already answered all these questions. I have nothing to do with this.”

    City councilman Josh Matlow told the Star, “There is still a dark cloud hanging over city hall and at the heart of it is the mayor … When the mayor suggests that he has answered all the questions posed to him, we know that to be factually untrue. We all know there have been honest questions put to him and he has not replied with honest answers yet.”

    The Star reported last month that they had seen a cell phone video that depicted Ford smoking what appeared to be a crack pipe. The Star reported that Ford allegedly says in the video, ““I’m f—ing right-wing. Everyone expects me to be right-wing. I’m just supposed to be this great …”

    Ford has denied the allegations to the press, but reports indicate that he acknowledged the video’s existence to his staff. Ford also fired his chief of staff Mark Towhey who reportedly urged the mayor to seek help for his addition.

    The video is believed to be made by 21-year-old Anthony Smith, who was shot to death in March.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

  2. #2
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default Rob Ford says he won’t resign after Toronto police say they found video

    Well...Just a quick post on this.... Somewhat of an open letter, but this just makes me sick.
    It turns out a video file did exist according to police, and the video apparently "shows actions on it consistent with previous reports".

    With all do respect Mr. Ford, and without prejudice of party,, or political bent.... Resign.
    If you truly do have an addiction problem, you could have said so, stepped down with some semblance of dignity...We're a forgiving lot, but no...You chose to lie, deceive, and bully to stay in office, and on the public dime.
    Admit what you did. Show the people of Toronto...Actually all of North America what a corrupt, lying, parasite you are.
    Frankly, I wanted to believe your side of the story, because the thought of a public paid official willingly smoking crack is dispicable, and to lie about it with such conviction, even more so, and I would have hoped you'd have more sense, or regard for your taxpayers, let alone yourself.
    I gave credit to the fact that you were elected in unfriendly waters, though I don't subscribe to your politics. I didn't believe you, but I wanted to...It would have been a refreshing change. Well, once again you proved to people that political office is becoming nothing more than a secure pension plan for scum.

    So with that, grow some stones, admit you lied, and get the hell out of the office you've tarnished.
    Sorry to all that may take offence, but this is just another nail in the coffin of what democratic government seems to have become.
    Just stinking of corruption and deceit.
    Last edited by we die young; 10.31.13 at 11:55 AM.

  3. #3
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Well...Just a quick post on this.... Somewhat of an open letter, but this just makes me sick.
    It turns out a video file did exist according to police, and the video apparently "shows actions on it consistent with previous reports".

    With all do respect Mr. Ford, and without prejudice of party,, or political bent.... Resign.
    If you truly do have an addiction problem, you could have said so, stepped down with some semblance of dignity...We're a forgiving lot, but no...You chose to lie, deceive, and bully to stay in office, and on the public dime.
    Admit what you did. Show the people of Toronto...Actually all of North America what a corrupt, lying, parasite you are.
    Frankly, I wanted to believe your side of the story, because the thought of a public paid official willingly smoking crack is dispicable, and to lie about it with such conviction, even more so, and I would have hoped you'd have more sense, or regard for your taxpayers, let alone yourself.
    I gave credit to the fact that you were elected in unfriendly waters, though I don't subscribe to your politics. I didn't believe you, but I wanted to...It would have been a refreshing change. Well, once again you proved to people that political office is becoming nothing more than a secure pension plan for scum.

    So with that, grow some stones, admit you lied, and get the hell out of the office you've tarnished.
    Sorry to all that may take offence, but this is just another nail in the coffin of what democratic government seems to have become.
    Just stinking of corruption and deceit.
    Hey my hometown is making the news.

    He won't resign. Not sure what this has to do with corruption and deceit. He's actually been a refreshing change of pace to city politics here (outside of the sideshows). But someone else needs to take the platform and run with it. I can't imagine him being re-elected.

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Hey my hometown is making the news.

    He won't resign. Not sure what this has to do with corruption and deceit. He's actually been a refreshing change of pace to city politics here (outside of the sideshows). But someone else needs to take the platform and run with it. I can't imagine him being re-elected.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you, and that's why I really wanted to believe him. I like a more rough and tumble dude, over some coddled pencil neck, but what's been coming out, and in terms of corruption, using public office for his own use to cover it up, denying in full to everyone.......Not right.

  5. #5
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you, and that's why I really wanted to believe him. I like a more rough and tumble dude, over some coddled pencil neck, but what's been coming out, and in terms of corruption, using public office for his own use to cover it up, denying in full to everyone.......Not right.
    there is been no talking of corruption and the cops covering this up at all. The opposite is true. The police chief himself was the one who announced the tape existed.

    Ford's issue has always been his judgement (it stinks). If he had any sort of judgement he would have said he had a drug problem months ago and taken a vacation (called rehab) and the media would have immediately had to back down. Instead he fought them when he knew he was wrong. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    But as bad as he's been, the city has been better run on his watch (tells you how horrible the previous mayors were).

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.01.99
    Age
    47
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,241
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 07:41 AM
    Likes
    471
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I work at the 427 and Dundas in Etobicoke - and we heard sirens today; I said it was Rob Fords new ring tone.

    Reality is - if people didn't see this scandal coming from a million miles away - they had their eyes closed. Canada's 2nd largest newspaper isn't going to put something on the front page if they didn't see it. Police are going to notice and do their thing.

    I suspect what happened is the news broke, the Ford brothers went into hiding for a week or so with a couple of loose denials, found $200K, bought the vid and thought it was 'done' - THEN came out citing it was complete BS. The vid was backed up - police got it and now he's caught with his hand on the crack pipe so to speak.

    It's embarrasing as a Canadian. Ford has been the brunt of some scandals. He should resign. That's not what will happen though. He'll fight it till then end then get his ass handed to him during the next election. Till then, he's given the likes of John Stewart and Bill Maher lots of material (Stewarts coverage of the initial story was pretty hysterical actually).
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I work at the 427 and Dundas in Etobicoke - and we heard sirens today; I said it was Rob Fords new ring tone.

    Reality is - if people didn't see this scandal coming from a million miles away - they had their eyes closed. Canada's 2nd largest newspaper isn't going to put something on the front page if they didn't see it. Police are going to notice and do their thing.

    I suspect what happened is the news broke, the Ford brothers went into hiding for a week or so with a couple of loose denials, found $200K, bought the vid and thought it was 'done' - THEN came out citing it was complete BS. The vid was backed up - police got it and now he's caught with his hand on the crack pipe so to speak.

    It's embarrasing as a Canadian. Ford has been the brunt of some scandals. He should resign. That's not what will happen though. He'll fight it till then end then get his ass handed to him during the next election. Till then, he's given the likes of John Stewart and Bill Maher lots of material (Stewarts coverage of the initial story was pretty hysterical actually).

    the video was deleted off a hard drive. The hard drive was on the computer of a drug dealer who was under investigation. When that computer was seized by the cops the deleted file was discovered among other things I imagine. Good police work. He should have taken a leave a long time ago.

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    there is been no talking of corruption and the cops covering this up at all. The opposite is true. The police chief himself was the one who announced the tape existed.

    Ford's issue has always been his judgement (it stinks). If he had any sort of judgement he would have said he had a drug problem months ago and taken a vacation (called rehab) and the media would have immediately had to back down. Instead he fought them when he knew he was wrong. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    But as bad as he's been, the city has been better run on his watch (tells you how horrible the previous mayors were).
    Yeah...I know, and I know the police were not involved in the corruption, but there are some grumblings, have been for some time, that he was trying to use members of his own staff to try to cover things up, and that's why there was a lot of the resignations.
    I didn't imply it was the cops.
    Let's face it..The guy has had an uphill battle since he took office...but like you said, his judgment stinks...but he's a public servant, and spokesman for the Province. The office is supposed to be held to high regard, so with all this stuff that's transpired...it really perpetuates distrust of the people.
    It's all really sad.

    You and I actually agree. I thought before all this stuff went down, and even after, professionally speaking for the job he was elected to do, he ran the city well. I just have issues with like you said, his judgement and his conduct in trying to keep it under the rug. It does speak volumes about the person.

  9. #9
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    Yeah...I know, and I know the police were not involved in the corruption, but there are some grumblings, have been for some time, that he was trying to use members of his own staff to try to cover things up, and that's why there was a lot of the resignations.
    I didn't imply it was the cops.
    Let's face it..The guy has had an uphill battle since he took office...but like you said, his judgment stinks...but he's a public servant, and spokesman for the Province. The office is supposed to be held to high regard, so with all this stuff that's transpired...it really perpetuates distrust of the people.
    It's all really sad.

    You and I actually agree. I thought before all this stuff went down, and even after, professionally speaking for the job he was elected to do, he ran the city well. I just have issues with like you said, his judgement and his conduct in trying to keep it under the rug. It does speak volumes about the person.

    yup - good message, shitty messenger.

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.26.10
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,353
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    1,679
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I work at the 427 and Dundas in Etobicoke - and we heard sirens today; I said it was Rob Fords new ring tone.

    Reality is - if people didn't see this scandal coming from a million miles away - they had their eyes closed. Canada's 2nd largest newspaper isn't going to put something on the front page if they didn't see it. Police are going to notice and do their thing.

    I suspect what happened is the news broke, the Ford brothers went into hiding for a week or so with a couple of loose denials, found $200K, bought the vid and thought it was 'done' - THEN came out citing it was complete BS. The vid was backed up - police got it and now he's caught with his hand on the crack pipe so to speak.

    It's embarrasing as a Canadian. Ford has been the brunt of some scandals. He should resign. That's not what will happen though. He'll fight it till then end then get his ass handed to him during the next election. Till then, he's given the likes of John Stewart and Bill Maher lots of material (Stewarts coverage of the initial story was pretty hysterical actually).
    Well said, and that's what I'm referring to. You knew it was gonna end badly. I wanted to hope it wouldn't because as It'sMike said, he was a refreshing change, but honestly....All the things he is reported of doing to keep this out of public view.....I mean writers for weekly crime dramas couldn't do better.

  11. #11
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    When The Toronto Sun (right wing paper) calls for him to resign, that's basically game over.

    For months Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has insisted no video of him appearing to smoke crack cocaine exists.

    Today, Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair said police have recovered a video file in which Ford appears, and that its contents are consistent with earlier media reports of what it showed.

    Those reports said the mayor was seen smoking what appeared to be crack cocaine and making racist and homophobic comments.

    Blair also said the video does not appear to have been doctored, adding he was “disappointed” by the discovery — part of a larger police investigation of Ford’s friend, Alexander Lisi, who was previously charged with drug offences and who has now been charged with extortion.

    Blair said what he had seen on the video is obviously “a traumatic issue for the citizens of this city and the reputation of this city.”

    Blair also said there isn’t evidence to charge Ford with any crime.

    That’s important. Ford has not been charged with any crime, much less convicted of anything.

    But aside from courts of law, there is the court of public opinion.

    Torontonians have a right to expect a higher standard of conduct from their mayor than that he is not charged with any crimes.

    They have a right to expect him to be honest with them.

    And unless Ford has some convincing and credible explanation for what Blair told reporters, he has not been honest with us.

    For that reason, and for the good of Toronto, Ford needs to step down, both to address the whirlwind of questions now surrounding his credibility and to get his own life in order.

    While Ford may well want to carry on and rally the “Ford Nation” to his cause, city council will be all but paralyzed if he continues in office now, pretending that nothing significant has happened.

    Simply put, Toronto is more important than its mayor.

    There are bigger issues to be debated than the fate of Rob Ford, which, if he does not step down, will dominate the public discussion at City Hall until next year’s municipal election.

    Ford has done a great deal of good for the city financially.

    Now he must do the right thing again, and step down

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    there is been no talking of corruption and the cops covering this up at all. The opposite is true. The police chief himself was the one who announced the tape existed.

    Ford's issue has always been his judgement (it stinks). If he had any sort of judgement he would have said he had a drug problem months ago and taken a vacation (called rehab) and the media would have immediately had to back down. Instead he fought them when he knew he was wrong. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    But as bad as he's been, the city has been better run on his watch (tells you how horrible the previous mayors were).
    Or he could have just said that what he was smoking marijuana out of the pipe and that it was still unacceptable. Then it's his word against the drug dealers instead of him saying that a video didnt exist.

    He's done good for the city, I think he cares about the city and I think he's an alright guy personally. But he's an embarrassment.

    All that being said, I'd much rather the media focus in on scandals that are actually costing the tax payer money. Sure this is embarrassing for our city but perhaps if the media was as cut throat with the Liberals in regards to the gas plant scandal we might actually have some heads rolling.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.31.13 at 02:56 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  13. #13
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,839
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:50 AM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Crack smoking mayors in Canada?



    I'm feeling so disillusioned right now.


  14. #14
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Crack smoking mayors in Canada?



    I'm feeling so disillusioned right now.



    Meanwhile, Im sure they're still people in the US screaming about the guy who sent dick pics to a slut.


    We draw the line at crack up here. Anything and everything else is fair game.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  15. #15
    Baluchitherium Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.01.99
    Age
    47
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,241
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 07:41 AM
    Likes
    471
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Or he could have just said that what he was smoking marijuana out of the pipe and that it was still unacceptable. Then it's his word against the drug dealers instead of him saying that a video didnt exist.

    He's done good for the city, I think he cares about the city and I think he's an alright guy personally. But he's an embarrassment.

    All that being said, I'd much rather the media focus in on scandals that are actually costing the tax payer money. Sure this is embarrassing for our city but perhaps if the media was as cut throat with the Liberals in regards to the gas plant scandal we might actually have some heads rolling.
    Problem is, his credibility is shot.

    Bottom line on Toronto...John Tory should run, and deserves to win. At least he'd keep the $$ house in order AND be a great leader for the city.

    As for the $1.1b liberals scandal (to basically hold onto a majority)... Don't even get me started. What pisses me off, there will be ZERO consequences. At least when Paul Martin lost the 1/4billion they paid it back.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Man Caught by Police Urinating in Car Gas Tank on Video
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04.24.08, 02:41 PM
  2. Police: Ex-ABBA Drummer's Body Found on Spanish Island
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03.17.08, 01:55 PM
  3. I'm Selling my Police Tickets for Thursday's Toronto show
    By h*bunter in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11.06.07, 08:08 AM
  4. Toronto: July 3, 2004 Video Request.
    By bangerang5150 in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08.28.07, 09:30 AM
  5. Balance Tour PPV video from Toronto rocks!
    By dirtymovies in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09.01.02, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •