Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts

Premium Member

Default State Atty. General (and Candidate for Governor) in an Underage Alcohol Party

There was a time when alcohol-fueled teen parties either went silent or busted at the seams if an adult walked in.

But not only did the sweaty shindig pictured below continue apace after a grownup showed up (he’s in the middle wearing the long-sleeved white-collared shirt holding a cell phone) — the adult in question is Maryland Attorney General Doug Gansler.

He’s the same Doug Gansler who’s running for Maryland governor as a Democrat.

The photo was taken at a Delaware beach house that Gansler and other parents rented for their children for a week to celebrate their graduation from the Landon School in Bethesda, Md. It was posted to Instagram then ran in The Baltimore Sun on Thursday.

Gansler told the Sun he stopped by the house for a few minutes to talk to his son about when they would depart the next morning, adding that his son wasn’t drinking and he couldn’t recall if he saw underage teenagers consuming alcohol.

“Assume for purposes of discussion that there was widespread drinking at this party,” Gansler told the newspaper. “How is that relevant to me? … The question is, do I have any moral authority over other people’s children at beach week in another state? I say no.”

The Sun interviewed party attendees who confirmed many of the teens there were drinking. “I don’t remember much,” one anonymous attendee told the paper, “but it was one of the best parties I’ve been to, hands down.”

Gansler, the state’s attorney general since 2007, has spoken against underage drinking, appearing less than a year ago in a video for the Century Council, a nonprofit that combats teen drinking and drunk driving.

“Parents, you’re the leading influence on your teens’ decision not to drink,” Gansler said in a video filmed as part of the organization’s “Ask, Listen, Learn” initiative to push parents to talk to middle school children about not drinking. “It’s never too early to talk with your kids about smart ways to say no.”

Century Council CEO and president Ralph Blackman, after learning Gansler was at a teen alcohol party, told the Sun, “Let me pick myself up off the floor here.”

“You can agree, you can disagree with the legal age,” Blackman said, adding that doing nothing when underage alcohol consumption is in progress may mean “you are somehow suggesting that it is OK to break the law. It’s part of the value systems that go into young people’s decision making.”

Michael Gimbel, an independent consultant and the former alcohol abuse prevention official for Baltimore County, told the Sun that looking away is “totally inappropriate for an adult, especially for an elected official whose job is to uphold the laws of the state or any state. For any parent to do this is irresponsible. But for an attorney general who fought for these laws on the books is even worse

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...alcohol-party/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...1.story?page=1
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Panama!!
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:07 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Kiss it goodbye, Mr. Candidate!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

There were other adults there so obviously it was supervised but this guy shouldn't have been snapping pictures as if he was part of the fuckin party.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    There were other adults there so obviously it was supervised but this guy shouldn't have been snapping pictures as if he was part of the fuckin party.
    I don't know if I missed something, but he might not have been snapping pictures. I sometimes hold my phone like that in a big crowd; keeps my attention on the people around me, maybe he was trying to text his son.

Usually I'll be more cynical about something like this, but this one doesn't stink to me.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    I don't know if I missed something, but he might not have been snapping pictures. I sometimes hold my phone like that in a big crowd; keeps my attention on the people around me, maybe he was trying to text his son.

Usually I'll be more cynical about something like this, but this one doesn't stink to me.
    Well it stinks considering the kids were underage to start

I heard an clip from an interview he did regarding this issue and he said he received a text.

Personally I don't buy it. I've never once held my phone up like that to check a text in a crowd full of people (nor have I seen anybody do it) unless I'm taking a picture or if Im smashed off my ass and Im trying to look at my phone.

Do I think this should be front page news? Yeah...No.

But he should have been smart enough to know that somebody was going to recognize him. And it doesn't help that he's spoken out about underage drinking in the past.

Gansler, the state’s attorney general since 2007, has spoken against underage drinking, appearing less than a year ago in a video for the Century Council, a nonprofit that combats teen drinking and drunk driving.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Personally I don't buy it. I've never once held my phone up like that to check a text in a crowd full of people (nor have I seen anybody do it) unless I'm taking a picture or if Im smashed off my ass and Im trying to look at my phone.
    You must not get out much. I see it all the time

But he should have been smart enough to know that somebody was going to recognize him. And it doesn't help that he's spoken out about underage drinking in the past.
    We agree here. I don't think it stinks, but he absolutely should have been smarter than he was.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    You must not get out much. I see it all the time

Maybe not but if I ever did see somebody standing in the middle of a dance floor ridden with wet t-shirted chicks holding their phone like that to check the score of, say...I dunno the Hawks game.... Id laugh my ass off.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Ha... no one thinks he is taking a picture of the girl dancing on the table sandwiched between the two wet shirtless guys? Puhleeze. Looks like a scene from American Pie.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Ha... no one thinks he is taking a picture of the girl dancing on the table sandwiched between the two wet shirtless guys? Puhleeze. Looks like a scene from American Pie.
    You beat me too it!
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

typical politician..there's what they say to get elected and then there's who they are.

eventually who they are is exposed

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Missed this one.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Missed this one.

Surprised we don't have footage of him pulling a dollar bill out of his wallet.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Surprised we don't have footage of him pulling a dollar bill out of his wallet.
    I believe that was the after party. Cameras weren't allowed

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

He's taking a selfie.