Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default Palin Said Jesus Celebrated Easter!

And SHE could have been potentially a heartbeat away from being president? Can't wait to see how this gets spun. At least she is still nice to look at and very bangable.

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/10/23/s...brated-easter/

Sarah Palin claimed today that Jesus Christ celebrated Easter during his time on Earth.

In an interview with Fox and Friends this morning, the former Alaska governor promoted her new book about the left's "war on Christmas" and argued that all Christian holidays should return to the traditional versions practiced by Jesus.

"It makes me so gosh darn angry," Palin explained. "The liberal left in this country has targeted Christian holidays and is trying to secularize them right out of existence.

"When Jesus celebrated Easter with his disciples there were no Easter bunnies or egg hunts. There were no Easter sales at department stores or parades in the street. Easter was a special time of prayer and Christian activism.

"Jesus would gather all the townspeople around and would listen to their stories about the meaning of Easter in their lives. Then he would teach them how to love one another, how to protest Roman abortion clinics and how to properly convert homosexuals.

"You can't even do things like that these days without getting called out by some wacko left-wing human rights group. Christians had more freedom under Roman rule than we do now in our own country! We need to return Easter back to the way it was when Jesus was alive."

Gospel of Palin
    Easter is a Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after he was crucified by the Romans in the 1st century A.D. It is the most important holiday for Eastern and Orthodox Christians, and also has great significance in the West.

Because Easter is a celebration of Jesus's resurrection from the dead, it is highly unlikely that he celebrated the holiday before his death. Its first recorded instance is sometime in the mid-2nd century. This seemingly obvious fact was not lost on the Fox and Friends team, who instantly challenged Palin's assertions.

"Sarah, you know that we love you," started co-host Brian Kilmeade. "I can understand if you think Christian holidays have become too secular and you want to return to the days of the early church. But you have to know that Jesus never celebrated Easter right? I mean you have to know that. What do you think Easter celebrates?"

"Well, Brian, Easter celebrates, you know, sticking it to all the liberal lefties out there who want to be taking our guns and our freedom," Palin responded. "It celebrates the rights of the unborn and the right to religious freedom, to not have government come in and tell you who to believe in and who not to ..."

"It celebrates the death and resurrection of Jesus," Kilmeade interrupted. "It celebrates his death and resurrection from the dead. Now Sarah, tell me how can Jesus celebrate his own death before he died?"

Palin stared blankly into the screen for about 15 seconds, before co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck cut to commercial.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:37 AM
    Liked 11,789 Times in 6,535 Posts

Premium Member

Default Piers Morgan Spreads Fake Story Trashing Palin

HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE

The Daily Currant is a satire site, but that didn't stop CNN primetime anchor Piers Morgan from gleefully tweeting out a Currant story attacking Sarah Palin, without noting that the story was untrue. Moreover, nothing on the page indicates the article is satire. The fake story ridiculed Palin for something she did not do: Claim that Christ celebrated Easter before his death:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...trashing-palin
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Either way, that fact that people would believe that she would say that shows how scary it was that she was so close to becoming VP.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

when I started to read this at first I thought...yeah she's that dumb...but when I got to the "gathering townspeople together to talk about the meaning of Easter in their lives and how to 'properly convert homosexuals'" I immediately thought "The Onion"

as much as I lack respect for her if it turns out that she said anything remotely like what was written I will eat my hat

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 6,852 Times in 3,589 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    And SHE could have been potentially a heartbeat away from being president? Can't wait to see how this gets spun. At least she is still nice to look at and very bangable.
    Skin crawling duncery. The Links and Eddymon will live to see another day.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Funny-ass read though. And yes, i can see it happening. She has quite the verbal track record.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

speaking of verbal track records...this one made me go

So many run on sentences and dangling this and that and mid sentence thought switches that it make me laugh and think THIS is why Megyn Kelly has the job and not SP. If you had to listen to her everyday you would question whether English is her first language

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    speaking of verbal track records...this one made me go

So many run on sentences and dangling this and that and mid sentence thought switches that it make me laugh and think THIS is why Megyn Kelly has the job and not SP. If you had to listen to her everyday you would question whether English is her first language
    So, what was it that she said that you disagree with?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,123 Times in 1,830 Posts

Premium Member

I don't think she is the ripest fruit on the tree, and I wouldn't vote for her, but I expected this to be some sort of thing where she misspoke or it was taken out of context.

She's not THAT stupid.

Don't feel bad. The Daily Currant fools a lot of people. I have friends of massive intelligence who have been fooled by their stories. They're like The Onion, but not nearly as well known.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 10.24.13 at 04:03 PM.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:51 AM
    Liked 16,591 Times in 9,409 Posts

Don't blame Sarah, blame the Easter Bunny. He's the one who told her that Jesus celebrated Easter ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Either way, that fact that people would believe that she would say that shows how scary it was that she was so close to becoming VP.
    Even scarier is the capacity of a good portion of our electorate to believe some of the actual quotes from people who go on to become our beloved elected officials.

I'm not saying she should have become our VP, but good grief, look at the used car sales manager we have serving in that post today. "Oh hell, Martha, you don't need a semi-automatic pistol, just point that shotgun around the corner and let the bodies hit the floor!" Or words to that effect.

In America, we have scary officeholders, and we have scarier choices to replace them. We've patented scary!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,488 Times in 1,017 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    People are fooled by satire sites quite often it seems like. I've seen people get on facebook posting some fairly outlandish stuff. lol
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Even scarier is the capacity of a good portion of our electorate to believe some of the actual quotes from people who go on to become our beloved elected officials.

I'm not saying she should have become our VP, but good grief, look at the used car sales manager we have serving in that post today. "Oh hell, Martha, you don't need a semi-automatic pistol, just point that shotgun around the corner and let the bodies hit the floor!" Or words to that effect.

In America, we have scary officeholders, and we have scarier choices to replace them. We've patented scary!
    Don't forget our current Pres. Has a greatest hits package of his own. Remember when he said he visited "57 states".

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:51 AM
    Liked 16,591 Times in 9,409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Don't forget our current Pres. Has a greatest hits package of his own. Remember when he said he visited "57 states".
    Did that include Puerto Rico and East Virginia?
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Did that include Puerto Rico and East Virginia?
    Don't forget Chicago and then Illinois!
    Just go for it!