Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:06 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 1,011 Posts

Premium Member

Default Slain girl's mom: 'I gave her to him to cover $200'

Slain girl's mom: 'I gave her to him to cover $200'

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A judge ruled Friday that statements made to police by the mother of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was murdered almost four years ago can be used during her upcoming trial, despite defense arguments that investigators bullied her during days of questioning.

Antoinette Nicole Davis, 29, faces numerous charges in connection with Shaniya Davis' death, and defense attorneys said prosecutors should be barred from introducing her statements to police as evidence at her trial, which is scheduled to start Oct. 28.

Shaniya was reported missing from her Fayetteville home on Nov. 10, 2009, and Fayetteville police talked to Davis, other family members and neighbors to generate information to help locate her.

Davis' lawyers said Friday that investigators questioned her on and off over four days but never advised her of her rights to remain silent and to confer with an attorney. Prosecutors responded by saying that she was never under arrest during the questioning – she was there only to help police find her daughter – and so never had to be read her Miranda rights.

"She was arguably coerced and bullied by two law enforcement officers," defense attorney D.W. Bray said, noting that, by the fourth day of questioning, she was sobbing and, in the words of prosecutors, "broke."

"I gave her to him to cover $200. He was only supposed to have sex," a weeping Davis told investigators.

The statement led police to Mario Andrette McNeill and eventually to Shaniya's body, which was found Nov. 16, 2009, in an overgrown field on the Lee-Harnett county line. An autopsy determined that she had been sexually assaulted and suffocated.

McNeill, 32, was convicted in May of kidnapping and assaulting Shaniya before killing her, and he was sentenced to death.

Prosecutors allege that Davis gave Shaniya to McNeill to settle a drug debt.

She had been charged with first-degree murder, first-degree rape, first-degree sex offense, child abuse, sexual servitude with a child, child abuse sexual act, human trafficking and indecent liberties with a child. Prosecutors on Friday also charged her with criminal conspiracy and first-degree kidnapping.

She doesn't face the death penalty in the case.

Bray said Davis' statements should be thrown out, arguing that police browbeat her so much that she was effectively in custody.

Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons denied the motion, saying that her statements were voluntary.

"There were no threats or suggestion of violence" by police, Ammons said, adding that he would preclude prosecutors from using any statements she made after her arrest.

The defense also has called for the human trafficking charge to be dismissed, at the very least. McNeill's kidnapping conviction makes pursuing a human trafficking case against Davis "legally impossible," according to Bray, because either Davis gave her consent to McNeill taking the child or he abducted her.
    http://www.wral.com/slain-girl-s-mom...200-/13011101/
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Meanwhile, in South Africa...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24581412

Diepsloot toddlers: South African rape and murder charges

Four men have been charged with the rape and murder of two toddlers in the South African township of Diepsloot, north of Johannesburg.

A fifth suspect was arrested on Friday after police issued an identikit photo.

His arrest sparked violent protests outside a police station in Diepsloot as hundreds of demonstrators demanded he be handed over to the crowd.

Police fired rubber bullets to disperse those who had blocked a road and were throwing stones and burning tyres.

The bodies of two girls, aged two and three, were found dumped in community toilets on Tuesday morning.

The girls, who were cousins, went missing on Saturday from outside their home while playing with friends.

Earlier this week, President Jacob Zuma urged people not to take the law into their own hands.

South Africa has one of the highest rates of sexual violence in the world. Police figures show that 64,000 cases were reported last year.

According to the South African Press Association, the girls' funeral is going be held on Saturday.

The fifth suspect was arrested early on Friday morning in Alexandra, a township in Johannesburg, a day after his photo-fit image was released along with an offer of a 100,000 South African rand award ($10,200, £6,300) for information.

He is expected to be charged on Monday.

The case of the four men charged in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Friday was postponed until next Thursday to allow for them to seek legal aid.

Diepsloot, in Gauteng province, is a shanty town with little infrastructure, where the vast majority of residents are unemployed.

Competition for jobs often leads to friction between local residents and foreigners.

Following the discovery of the girls' bodies on Tuesday, foreign-owned shops were looted and Somali shop-owners told the BBC's Somali Service that they had to flee the area until the police arrived.

The head of Gauteng province, Nomvula Mokonyane, visited Diepsloot on Friday.

"This is something that must never happen to anybody's child," the Gauteng premier said outside the girls' family home.

Earlier this year, South Africans were shocked by the gang-rape of a 17-year-old girl who later died in hospital.

One man last week admitted his part in her killing.

It was an attack that saw South Africans drawing parallels with the brutal rape and killing of a 23-year student in India's capital, Delhi.

South Africa, a country of 52 million people, has more cases of rape reported to the police each year than India, a country of one billion.

Can somebody, ANYBODY, please explain to me what is going wrong with the people on this planet, because I just can't comprehend it...
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

So....

I just wanna get this straight before I slam my face up against the driveway.

This Mother.....gave her 5 yr old daughter to this sick fuck...to settle a...$200 drug debt....????

I got the just of it?

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I got the just of it?
    The gist of it too.

That, and that she's upset because she only gave her to him for sex. She didn't expect him to kill her.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    The gist of it too.

That, and that she's upset because she only gave her to him for sex. She didn't expect him to kill her.

This is Mitch's friend typing.

Mitch has been outside all night repaving the driveway with his face.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    The gist of it too.

That's every day life in the zoo, my friend. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs maybe
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 173 Times in 104 Posts

Not to mention the asshole drug dealer who likes fucking and killing small children.

Yeah, there are a couple of questionable individuals in this tale. Too bad they're the survivors.
    Kevin

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs maybe
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 173 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    Holy shit. I love George and have never heard this clip.

I have complained, a couple of times, of how uncomfortable and unfunny some of his later material is. But dammit if I don't support that cynical mofo. Go George; RIP. I literally wept a little over this clip, it's that poignant.
    Kevin