Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Default Average American Male's Body Compared To Bodies Of Men From Other Nations

Average American Male's Body Compared To Bodies Of Men From Other Nations

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ef=mostpopular

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:38 PM
    Liked 16,567 Times in 9,397 Posts

We are an obese nation, no doubt about it. I really noticed it when I was in London, Paris and Barcelona a few months ago. We eat too much and exercise too little. Not a good combination.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Meanwhile, a woman that has 3 young children and looks very very fit, has to defend herself because she doesn't make excuses to sit around and get fat.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/hot...192149769.html
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

I don't understand what has happened to this country. A lady has to defend herself for being in shape? WTF? I see a person in ripped shape, to me it's an inspiration, but to others somehow it is offensive that someone else had the discipline to do something that they themselves are not capable of.

It is now ok, if not downright encouraged to be fat and stupid. That's a helluva combo, and we wonder why we can't even pass a budget resolution. It's because we are electing people out of our mass of stupidity.

Congress is just a reflection of how fucking dumb we have become as a society. They aren't the cause, they are just one of the symptoms. Of many.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 10.15.13 at 05:17 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH, Fair Warning, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:09 AM
    Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

"I chose the Netherlands because they are the tallest country and are clearly doing something right there," Lamm said. He chose Japan because it is well-known for its longevity, and France because, he said, "a lot of Americans like to compare themselves to that country."
    You do?

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Congress is just a reflection of how fucking dumb we have become as a society. They aren't the cause, they are just one of the symptoms.
    Don't let them completely off the hook, Dave.

Part of this is technology. As a kid, I actually had to get up and walk over to the tv to change the channels. Nowadays people can pretty much sit on their asses all day and function well enough.

At the end if the day it's a choice tho, hell if people just got up and walked around a bit, they'd be better off for it.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

I still blame the way we build our communities with a lot of our obesity problem

tiny yards that kids can't play ball in....they have to go to the park..which needs to be a planned event in a busy parents day

no sidewalks so kids have to ride or skate in the street and even then complaints get made to the homeowners association

even if there are sidewalks there's no where to walk to....zoning prohibits you from having a corner store or tavern...no...those have to be in commercial zoning

we love our cars so much, and we love our quiet suburbia so much...but they are killing us

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I still blame the way we build our communities with a lot of our obesity problem

tiny yards that kids can't play ball in....they have to go to the park..which needs to be a planned event in a busy parents day
    Daisy, an unfortunate reality these days is that fewer kids actually play outside anymore. Many of them are too attached to their video games to imagine what can be done outdoors.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    Meanwhile, a woman that has 3 young children and looks very very fit, has to defend herself because she doesn't make excuses to sit around and get fat.

I'm sure it's just fat insecure women on facebook that are protesting this woman. Fat bitches have nothing better to do than put you down because your not a fat ass.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

When I went to Germany back in May, the first thing I noticed when I got off the plane was how many of those guys are fucking twigs! I'm not obese by any means but I'm not the skinniest guy either but those guys are fuckin skinny! They will eat all day and not gain a pound. I couldnt figure it out. But then it hit me.

Those Euros play soccer like we play video games! Everywhere I went, there was a soccer field and guys playing for what seemed like hours.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Last Online

10.26.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    I'm sure it's just fat insecure women on facebook that are protesting this woman. Fat bitches have nothing better to do than put you down because your not a fat ass.
    That's cold blooded dude..................but, they are the ones that want to change the name of the Redskins too.
    EDDIE IS THE ULTIMATE ROCK DOG!

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

I'd be happy to give her a 4th.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901 View Post
    When I went to Germany back in May, the first thing I noticed when I got off the plane was how many of those guys are fucking twigs! I'm not obese by any means but I'm not the skinniest guy either but those guys are fuckin skinny! They will eat all day and not gain a pound. I couldnt figure it out. But then it hit me.

Those Euros play soccer like we play video games! Everywhere I went, there was a soccer field and guys playing for what seemed like hours.
    I think the UK has a growing ('scuze the pun) problem with obesity, just as in the US. But one thing that has been done to tackle it is to ban supersize fries and double quarter-pounders at Macdonald's. It doesn't seem to occur to the powers-that-be that those with the inclination will simply buy extra portions...

Other issues that seem to have escaped the government, in their quest to reduce our weight, is that their determination to sell off all the local recreational grounds and school playing fields, to make way for housing developments, does kind of preclude exercise. Combine that with the fact that processed, high-fat foods are cheaper than fresh, healthy produce and things aren't looking good for us over here.

As you mentioned, in contrast to the rest of Europe, where cooking from scratch, rather than ordering a takeaway is the norm, and sporting facilities are numerous, it's hardly surprising that we're ballooning, whilst our continental neighbours seem to stay sylph-like. And, all the while, the diet industry continues to rake in a fortune - because of course, it pays for us all to remain fat and desperate to lose weight. Anyone would think it was a conspiracy of some sort..!
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Dibs, I think the self respect to stay fit trumps everything that you just listed as excuses. I mean, you mentioned the government...who the heck can honestly blame the government for obesity or trying to fight obesity? Who? Housing taking over fields or whatever...ok.. go run around somewhere else. It comes down to self respect and self discipline. It's a fact. The show "The Biggest Loser", for example...takes obese people and makes them ACCOUNTABLE for their own actions. Hmmm...it must work since that show is still running strong and probably has a great viewership...it's a great self motivator even for physically fit people to get it going even harder and stronger. Don't rely on anyone else to make someone lose weight and do NOT make excuses as to why someone can't work out and lose weight. It's all on that person. Motivate ourselves and F the gov't.
    Just go for it!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Dibs, I think the self respect to stay fit trumps everything that you just listed as excuses. I mean, you mentioned the government...who the heck can honestly blame the government for obesity or trying to fight obesity? Who? Housing taking over fields or whatever...ok.. go run around somewhere else. It comes down to self respect and self discipline. It's a fact. The show "The Biggest Loser", for example...takes obese people and makes them ACCOUNTABLE for their own actions. Hmmm...it must work since that show is still running strong and probably has a great viewership...it's a great self motivator even for physically fit people to get it going even harder and stronger. Don't rely on anyone else to make someone lose weight and do NOT make excuses as to why someone can't work out and lose weight. It's all on that person. Motivate ourselves and F the gov't.
    Oh, I agree with you - to a certain extent. I just don't think that any of the things I listed send out the right message, or help in any way.

What you need to remember, Brew, is that over here, obesity is a hugely costly issue for the NHS - our publically-funded healthcare system. And whilst we rely on government to administer that system (and have to listen to them moaning about how much it's costing, etc etc), it is also incumbent upon them to try to make savings, by implementing measures that encourage us to lose weight and live healthier lives - and that certainly does NOT mean selling off what remains of the green spaces we have left in our inner cities - and across the country!

I think my main bug-bear is the lack of joined-up thinking exhibited by our politicians. But then they're generally like that about everything, so what else can I expect?
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980