Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Government systems are reliable and efficient. They should be in charge of my family's health care.

Seriously, it's electronic, so they should know exactly who spent what. Everyone that went over should be sent a bill for the overage, or have future benefits reduced until the amount is repaid.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I'm with you Vic. However being electronic hardly makes it without flaw. A system is only as good as who's maintaining it. And i get the sense that recent 'issues' had a hand in this system being allowed to go to shit.

Wouldn't Be shocked if the records were 'misplaced'.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Decent, honest people wouldn't take advantage of that situation in that manner. That's that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

this was a fuck up by Walmart

the system went down and retailers got a notice that until was restored ( and Xerox operates the system) ebt holders were permitted $50 worth of emergency groceries and that the retailer had to run the charges on a manual (handwritten ) voucher system

appartently the manager of this store just told people that they could get what they wanted and the store would send the vouchers in for reimbursement

but retailers get limited reimbursement so the store is just out

walmart can afford it.

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Decent, honest people wouldn't take advantage of that situation in that manner. That's that.
    You are right. But was is frustrating is how our own government has promoted welface, encouraged people to become dependent. They want it that way, they have a huge block of voters that are dependent on them. Entitled to it! It's overwhelming this country and creating quite a bit of anger and resentment. Seriously, people can just go out and have 3,4,5 kids and we have to pay for their existence. F'ed up!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

It's not stealing if you get everything for free in the first place. It just causes you to not place a real value on what you're taking.

I think the biggest behavioral red-flag we saw here is that people left 6 or 7 shopping carts each just sitting in the store full of stuff. They didn't have the decency to put the items back because they are lazy and leeching on others' hard work--which is why they find themselves on food stamps to begin with.

I don't know if this bahvior is caused by our welfare system, but I do know that it exacerbates it and makes it generational. We have more people in poverty today than when Lyndon Johnson started the "War on Poverty." Maybe it's high time to take a look at our approach and ask if we can do better.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

All those loaded up carts, yet the banana's were untouched. What the fuck's up with that?

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    this was a fuck up by Walmart

the system went down and retailers got a notice that until was restored ( and Xerox operates the system) ebt holders were permitted $50 worth of emergency groceries and that the retailer had to run the charges on a manual (handwritten ) voucher system

appartently the manager of this store just told people that they could get what they wanted and the store would send the vouchers in for reimbursement

but retailers get limited reimbursement so the store is just out

walmart can afford it.
    From what I read, the spokesman for the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services said that Xerox has an emergency system in place, but it is not the system you describe.

He said emergency procedures in place with Xerox allow retailers to call a phone number and receive authorization for purchases any time the EBT system is down. "Some retailers chose not to follow the process," he said. "Those businesses are only being reimbursed for the (maximum) amounts on individual cards," he said.

Sounds to me like a retailer would have to call a phone number for every single transaction and receive authorization for the funds available on each individual card.

Probably because that is a stupid policy, most grocery stores temporarily stopped taking EBT. The manager of this Walmart, however, called "headquarters," and was told to accept the cards. So either Walmart wanted the publicity, which might be true because their statement said that they thought these people deserved to eat, or whoever told the manager to accept the cards will be promptly fired.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 10.15.13 at 04:32 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I don't know if this bahvior is caused by our welfare system, but I do know that it exacerbates it and makes it generational.
    Yes, it is caused by our current government system. It is taught in the schools, promoted on TV, and celebrated on the news.
    My friends, we are now no better than the rest of the planet. Our hard-earned exceptionalism is nearly gone...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Karma..........

Louisiana food stamp abusers will lose benefits over Wal-mart free for all

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and his administration took steps late Wednesday to strip food stamp benefits from those who loaded up their shopping carts knowing they had insufficient funds in their Electronic Benefits Transfer accounts during the system failure in October.

As a result of the temporary outage, over 12,000 transactions showed non-sufficient funds once it got back online and retailers were able to process the purchases, according to The Advocate.

The computer glitch that occurred on Oct. 12 wasn’t limited to just Louisiana. At least 17 states were affected, resulting in many shoppers filling their carts to overflowing to The Advocate.

Depending upon how many prior infractions recipients have on their record, they will face losing benefits for a period one year, two years or permanently.

The Jindal administration will start with the worst case examples first, then work their way down, according to Suzy Sonnier, secretary of the state Department of Children and Family Services.

“We must protect the program for those who receive and use their benefits appropriately according to the law,” Sonnier said in a prepared statement. “We are looking at each case individually, addressing those recipients who are suspected of misrepresenting their eligibility for benefits or defrauding the system.”

Late last week, U.S. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., called on Louisiana officials to take steps against those who engaged in outright theft through their shopping sprees and left merchants such as Wal-Mart holding the bag.

“The outrageous theft and fraud at several Louisiana retailers, including at the Wal-Mart stores in Mansfield and Springhill, is completely unacceptable,” Vitter wrote in a letter to the Jindal administration. “Like many citizens, I am appalled and believe there should be serious consequences for what occurred; so far, I have heard of none.”

Administration officials noted that the abuse during the glitch was state-wide.

“The recent over-the-top food stamp theft and fraud gave Louisiana and the program a real black eye. I’m certainly glad the state is acting on my urgent suggestion. I look forward to discussing the details with Secretary Sonnier in my upcoming meeting with her and Attorney General (Buddy) Caldwell,” Vitter said in a prepared statement.

The Advocate reported: When the system goes down, retailers are supposed to limit food stamp recipients to $50 in groceries. Some retailers simply turned away food stamp recipients. Others allowed them to buy as much as they wanted and stored the transactions to process when the system rebooted. The retailers that ignored the emergency protocol lost countless dollars.

In Springhill, police detained a woman who pushed a cart with $700 in groceries up to a cash register despite having less than 50 cents on her food stamp card. Wal-Mart instructed police to release the woman without citing her.

The Jindal administration reported that some violators weren’t even eligible for food stamps.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:09 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

they'll have cries of racism and all that stuff, the NAACP and the ACLU will never let that happen, not a million years.

I don't agree with that but that's what will happen.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    they'll have cries of racism and all that stuff, the NAACP and the ACLU will never let that happen, not a million years.

I don't agree with that but that's what will happen.
    Yup, they'll cart out some crying supposed starving child and say

" How Could you make my baby starve to death" Sharpton will be all over it.