Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.28.16 @ 09:48 AM
    Liked 1,563 Times in 895 Posts

Premium Member

Default Boy commits suicide..faced with harsh charges over streaking incident

faced with being put on a sex offender registry as the result of a harmless prank, this kid killed himself

at that age, kids are so impulsive

I completely get that sex offender registries are helpful to identify some potential risks, but is this really what the system was designed for? and to threaten a kid of this age with that kind of legal action for an incidence of streaking? Whatever became of the young woman who streaked the golf tournament?

Christian Adamek Commits Suicide at 15; Faced Charges for Streaking at Football Game

By Sami K. Martin , Christian Post Contributor

October 14, 2013|9:09 am

Christian Adamek, 15, took his own life after being arrested for streaking during a high school football game in Harvest, Alabama. Family and friends remember Adamek as a playful young man who had an energetic spirit.

Adamek streaked across the football field during a September 27th football game against Grissom High School. While many laughed off the prank and chalked it up to youthful indiscretion, law officials were not so amused. Adamek was disciplined by the school district and faced legal action by the Madison County court system.

"There's the legal complications," Principal Michael Campbell told WHNT News. "Public lewdness and court consequences outside of school with the legal system, as well as the school consequences that the school system has set up."
    According to reports, public lewdness charges in Alabama could lead to one being listed on the state's sex offender registry. Adamek also faced expulsion, according to his sister, who posted the information on Twitter.

"Our prayers and thoughts are with the family during this time of bereavement," a statement from the Madison County school district read.

Friends and family gathered together to remember Adamek's life and energy at a memorial service. They wore orange ribbons in his honor.

"Let this service bring some of that comfort we desperately need," Pastor C.W. Turner said during the memorial.

"There are two kinds of people in the world," Adamek's Boy Scout Troop master added, "ones that brighten the room when they walk in and those that don't. He was one that brightened the room when he walked in. That's what I'll always remember about Christian," David Silvernail said

Adamek's mother, Angela, also spoke at the assembly and offered advice to all those gathered.

"Remember to smile; don't be afraid to do something goofy and remember the consequences of those actions. Ask for help when you need it. Ask for help if you think your friends need it if you don't know what to do; be quirky, be happy, be smart," she implored

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 07:42 AM
    Liked 11,022 Times in 5,415 Posts

Premium Member

We are just out of our fucking minds in this country.

I personally know of instances in which people have stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars and not served significant jail time (I mean weekends for stealing 250K), yet a fifteen year old kid streaking is worthy of legal action, including being listed as a sex offender?

Fucking moronic.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

10.23.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 169 Times in 121 Posts

Christ I streaked on a beach at the age, and I've seen countless streakers during our university football games a few years back. It's part of growing up for some people, this is insane.

Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 07:07 AM
    Liked 1,196 Times in 824 Posts

Premium Member

So, so terribly sad.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 03:41 AM
    Liked 1,294 Times in 498 Posts

Premium Member

Kids are getting in trouble for being kids. We need to stop that. This whole silly "zero tolerance policy" obsession has to end. Let's go back to using common sense.
    Last edited by Jesus H Christ; 10.14.13 at 08:07 AM.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 09:43 AM
    Liked 328 Times in 211 Posts

A senseless loss, but one thing the story doesn't spell out is whether the prosecutor on the case was actually pursuing his being placed on the sex offender registry. There are lots of laws on the books that aren't enforced. I'm wondering whether that was speculation on the part of the local media or his family, or if a prosecutor was actually threatening it.