Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default “Somebody Need To Pay For My 15 Kids!” revisited

TAMPA - Angel Adams has become a household name around the internet and news tabloids because she's the mother of 16 children who demanded the state help with her living situation.

Now her legal team wants to use her last pregnancy as part of her defense in a case where she is charged with battery on a law enforcement officer.

Prosecutors, in contrast, believe that fact will taint the jury into sympathizing with the Tampa resident. Adams claimed police brutalized her by shooting her with a stun gun just a month before she was expected to give birth to her sixteenth child.

Adams, 39, was arrested in May after police arrived at her home on 2114 Grace St. to arrest one of her sons. During a scuffle, several people were hit with blasts from stun guns, including Adams. She was eight months pregnant at the time.

During an evidentiary hearing Thursday, public defender Maria Castiguilio showed Judge Kimberly Fernandez photographs allegedly showing a mark from a stun gun on Adams' pregnant belly.

"That red mark was not there prior to this incident," Castiguilio said. She argued the pictures were important to Adams' defense. "They're being offered to show her pregnancy, how pregnant she was," she said.

Prosecutor Melissa Hill countered by showing photographs of Adams taken around the time of the arrest that suggested a police officer wouldn't have known Adams was pregnant at all.

"If you look at those pictures compared to the ones that defense counsel has provided of her in lingerie, it's prejudicial to the state," Hill contended.

Judge Fernandez wasn't convinced by either side. She opted to withhold judgment on whether to admit the photos until after the trial begins.

"It's really a question for the jury as to who's being 100 percent truthful as to what she looked like on the day," Fernandez said.

Adams' trial is scheduled for Monday.

---------------------------------------------------

TAMPA — A courtroom full of people who paid off Angel Yulee Adams’ debts and found a rent-free, six-bedroom home for her and a dozen of her children waited Monday morning for a sign of gratitude, a clue of cooperation. They waited for a thank you.

They didn’t get it. Angel Adams, 37, said she was glad to have the home. But she wanted them all out of her life.

“I’ve been railroaded since day one,” she said.
    The state says day one was 21 months and 28 hearings ago, when Adams first landed in the courtroom of Hillsborough Circuit Judge Tracy Sheehan. Ever since then, Sheehan said, the state has tried to keep Adams and her children together. . .

Judge Sheehan gave her a lecture.

Adams would not have sat through 28 hearings if her kids had been fed, got their medicines and were living in a good home, the judge said. “We know you want us out of your life,” she told Adams. “We will be thrilled to close this case when you have all these things.”

Adams sat at a table just below the judge’s bench, looking away from Sheehan.

“A lot of people have gone way extra miles for you,” Sheehan said. “Do you understand that?”
    Adams replied quietly, “No comment, your honor.”
    “Hear what I’m saying,” the judge told her.

“Reach out your hand to these people instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth and asking for more, more, more.”
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

About par for the coarse I'd say. Once again. Did I hear correctly? The father of ten of this particular herd, is in prison? I'm shocked. This is so non typical. I can't really grasp this news story. It sounds made up to me. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Bitch needs to keep her whore legs closed.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

love how she's sweeping her arm all around her saying "someone needs to be accountable for all these kids and all our suffering and 'they' need to pay" that finger needs to point right back at her

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:02 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

I have a plan....................

HH<-------this is just a small glimpse into my public safety world. I deal with this quite often. -------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts

Premium Member

From 2010 -

Angel Adams, mother of 15, tells her side of the story

TAMPA - Angel Violet Adams is a devoted, protective mother of 15, who without a husband, is trying to get by, keep the kids in school, fed and clothed and will take whatever help she can get.

Or she's an arrogant welfare mother who has babies to increase her taxpayer-funded paycheck each month and, with one hand out, keeps demanding more.

These are some of the public's perceptions of Adams, a 37-year-old Tampa woman whose story has raised the ire of welfare critics and the compassions of social liberals.

Her family sees it differently.

"My Angel is a warrior," said Adams' 72-year-old mother, Mary Yulee. "I'm glad she's a warrior."

The many faces of Adams surfaced over the past two weeks. Her journey from a motel room with her 12 dependent children to jail on a contempt of court charge stirred debate about how much government should take care of people who may be the cause of their own problems.

Adams has no job history and only a middle school education. She spent the past 21 years of her life mostly pregnant and taking care of children, at least during times when she had custody of them.

Two years ago, she lost them after allegations of negligence were lodged; the family has been under the family court's jurisdiction since then.

When child protection investigators went into her home in July 2008, there was no power, no running water.

"The mother's homicidal statements, the children's emaciated bodies, the mother's failure to cooperate with efforts to ascertain the safety of the children and other facts" gave authorities concerns as to (Adams') ability to care for the children, said a court document.

Adams said her problems with the state began that day.

In an interview this week after she got out of jail, Adams said that before that day, she had never gotten a government handout and had never even heard of the child protection unit at the sheriff's office. Same for Hillsborough Kids Inc, the child welfare agency that now is such a huge part of her life.

"If you would have asked me in 2008 who HKI (Hillsborough Kids Inc.) was," she said, "I would have said, 'Who is that? Who are they?' "

She said that before she became part of the state system in 2008, she got help from the fathers of her children or her family, including her mom and her 10 brothers and sisters. It's what a family does, she said.

She has fond memories of growing up in a large family.

"It was nice," she said, munching on a take-out breakfast of scrambled eggs, grits and toast from a Styrofoam box on the front porch or her mom's home in East Tampa. "We always were close. We always went to school, went swimming at the Boys & Girls Club."

Her 10 siblings still keep in touch, she said. "We love each other."

She had called her 15 children "gifts from God" and stands by it. She rails against abortion and "other cultures that kill their children.''

"That is always a question in my mind. Why?"

She wants to be reunited with her kids, she said, and she is ready to fight.

"I want my babies back," she said. "My babies are constantly being kidnapped, constantly being stolen."

Adams is seated on the bed of a dingy room of a rundown motel on East Busch Boulevard, surrounded by 12 of her kids. They are all well-mannered and healthy but are barefoot and have worn the same clothes for a week. An 11-year-old boy bottle-feeds a baby brother.

Later, outside the motel room, her children still gathered about her, quiet, Adams argues with the state and county caseworkers who are trying to help her. They offer shelter at a state-of-the-art foster care facility near Brandon with an eye toward renting a six-bedroom home.

She demands to know what the catch is.

The state's top priority in cases like this is to work to reunite children with their biological mothers, even if the mother is distrustful and uncooperative. Adams seems to have an overriding distrust of authority that can cloud her judgment, say some people involved in the case.

According to an order filed this week by Hillsborough Circuit Judge Tracy Sheehan, during the time the children were living with relatives before they were reunited with Adams six months ago, "The mother neglected to visit the children for 10 months, telling the court, 'No one's gonna tell me how to visit with my children.' "

Adams admitted this week that since she was released from jail on Monday, she has not spoken to her children, who are staying at a foster-care shelter near Brandon.

The judge expressed frustration with Adams' refusal to cooperate with the state.

Citing the reports from various child-welfare agencies that she was barely complying with their directives and was openly hostile, Sheehan said Adams' "demands of more and more entitlements were so extreme as to border on a refusal of reasonable services."

Earlier this year, Adams was evicted from an apartment, not because of non-payment, but because she moved in with 12 kids after telling the landlord she only had one.

By the time she ended up in the Economy Inn on Busch Boulevard, she was drawing $2,500 a month in food stamps and cash assistance, the judge said.

Adams defends not having held a paying job, saying caring for a dozen children at once is a full-time job.

She said she needed help after her boyfriend, Garry Brown, was arrested and sentenced to prison for selling drugs, and sought public assistance. She didn't like the government intrusion that came with it.

Adams is eager to get out from the scrutiny of the Florida Department of Children and Families, which, she said, is the cause of her problems. She said she wants the state out of her life.

"It's a revolving door that keeps you in their game," she said.

She said when Brown gets out of prison in four years, she plans to marry him and raise her family without government assistance. She said Brown has been a real father to all her children, even those who are not his.

Jerome Jacobs, the father of two of the children, said he supports Adams.

"She's a good person," Jacobs said this week. "She's a good mother. I got nothing bad to say. She's a strong woman. I'm just worried about her." Jacobs has stepped forward to take custody of his two children. His request is pending in court.

Adams' brother, Job Yulee, said one reason why his sister's kids were taken into state custody - that the home they were living in had no power - is not a good reason to break up a family.

"She did not bring this about," he said.

He said there were times as kids when the power had been turned off at their home. "We made it," he said. "That's not a reason to go in and take the kids. The state should have gone down to TECO and had the power turned back on."

He said the family bond is strong. When Adams lost her children two years ago, he took in 10 of them for about 18 months. He said he had to buy a large GMC sport-utility vehicle just to be able to take them to school and to medical appointments.

He credited Sheehan, the judge, with working with the family. "She was the one person who helped keep all the kids together," Yulee said.

Yulee said that before 2008, his sister got no public assistance and defended her parental abilities.

"She doesn't smoke. She doesn't drink," he said. "She doesn't go out. She doesn't go to the movies. Where she goes, her kids go."

The family is getting ready for the day the children are returned, he said. "I've got 20 crates of new clothes back there," he said, gesturing toward the home with a neatly trimmed yard and a large vegetable garden planted in the back. "I got bicycles and beds for each and every child."

Adams is in court, seated next to her court-appointed attorney, to update the judge on the state's efforts to secure Adams the rent-free, six-bedroom house. Adams is defiant in court, baffling everyone there, including her attorney. She refuses to give names of people who will visit her new house, stalling the process to come up with a child- safety plan to protect the children. She refuses to answer a question from the judge: "Ma'am, are you pregnant?"

Adams stands as the judge orders two bailiffs to take her into custody for refusing to answer the question. By doing that, she legally has abandoned her children; the judge puts them into foster care.

Adams said she was treated well during her five days in jail and stands by her decision not to answer Sheehan's question about whether she was pregnant. She later denied being pregnant.

"That was an out-of-the-blue question," she said. "Where did that come from? I don't have to answer that question."

Sheehan showed her frustration with Adams in court and wrote this in a court order:

"The mother, who has no reported job history and who has eschewed self sufficiency efforts such as job search assistance, will now have an opportunity to gain employment - now that her children are being cared for by the state.

"The mother is cautioned, however that it is still incumbent upon her to take advantage of the assistance that is being offered and to cooperate with the department's referrals," or else, "she will find herself in the position of having to defend against a termination of parental rights trial."

Adams said she is confident she will be reunited with her children, even if it takes years.

Her family has faith in her and in God, she said. Her siblings have names like Job, Genesis and Faith. One of Adams' children is named John The Baptist.

"I would not call myself a religious person," she said. "I call myself a person of God."

http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/20...blic-ar-45068/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,157 Times in 8,973 Posts

You know, I need someone to pay for my penis reduction surgery, but you don't see me going to court to whine about it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:46 PM
    Liked 7,875 Times in 4,602 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    You know, I need someone to pay for my penis reduction surgery, but you don't see me going to court to whine about it.
    DD, you only have 4 inches of thunder!

How much smaller do you want to reduce that to???!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,157 Times in 8,973 Posts

That's girth brother....
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    She had called her 15 children "gifts from God" and stands by it. She rails against abortion and "other cultures that kill their children.''
    Praise jeebus! Jeebus told me to have 15 kids!

What a load of shit. Just another irresponsible mother.

15 kids? What kind of moron has 15 children?
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 10.11.13 at 11:11 PM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

what's crazy about this is that at one point they say the children are well behaved..so that shows some kind of stability in the parenting

on the other hand the mother has no job history, accepts no assistance in finding a job or developing skills and has been dependent upon a drug dealing baby daddy to support the family

but when the kids were removed she wouldn't visit them because she didn't want to be told how and when to visit the kids

I wonder what her IQ is, because it seems to me that she has a very child like outlook on life, and this seems a lot like those people who hoard cats that they can't take care of.

that said, we live in a society where in poor areas the one thing most of these women can "achieve" is another baby...and I know that in some schools and neighborhoods that is what makes your place in your society

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    what's crazy about this is that at one point they say the children are well behaved..so that shows some kind of stability in the parenting

on the other hand the mother has no job history, accepts no assistance in finding a job or developing skills and has been dependent upon a drug dealing baby daddy to support the family

but when the kids were removed she wouldn't visit them because she didn't want to be told how and when to visit the kids

I wonder what her IQ is, because it seems to me that she has a very child like outlook on life, and this seems a lot like those people who hoard cats that they can't take care of.

that said, we live in a society where in poor areas the one thing most of these women can "achieve" is another baby...and I know that in some schools and neighborhoods that is what makes your place in your society
    I mean, how many kids does it take before you realize that you have too many.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:02 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Tap your toe and sing along!!

HH<----"where my taxes, where my taxes ggoooiinnnggg?--------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts

Premium Member

Last edited by Number 47; 10.12.13 at 11:39 PM.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

15 kids? Hot dog in a hallway. hello.....hello...hello
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg