Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,839
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 01:40 PM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default Paranoid DC Police Shoot And Kill Reckless Driver At Capital

    A car chase that began when a driver struck a White House security barrier ended across downtown Washington, when police shot and killed the driver on a street near the U.S. Capitol, police said.

    The woman driving the car was unarmed, law enforcement sources said. All the shots in the incident, which began about 2:14 p.m., were fired by police trying to stop her. Police fired at the car in at least two locations, as the car drove across Washington, and around the Capitol area.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...35e_story.html
    Last edited by Number 47; 10.03.13 at 04:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.24.02
    Location
    North Central OKC
    Posts
    4,582
    Favorite VH Album

    VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

    11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Likes
    290
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    I was in our command center when this all went down: I found someone's ID in the parking lot and walked back into work to give it to Battle Staff so they could put out the email. Then, we get the phone calls and it's all happening. Shortly afterward, it's all over the news.

    What was this lady thinking and doing? People are so disappointing.

    "The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

    "Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

    "There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    It's going to be a huge mess. Tons of questions from a lot of people. Why did she do that? Why was she killed? Did the shooters know there was a baby in the car? What was a better way of handling it? AND...when are the Jesse Jacksons/Sharptons getting involved? How in the hell did the news that she was "nuts" come out so quickly?
    Just go for it!

  4. #4
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Paranoid DC Police?

  5. #5
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    01.07.05
    Posts
    1,790
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 07:33 AM
    Likes
    73
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

    Default

    Oh fer fuck's sake. The woman was recklessly driving her car hitting other cars and badly injured at least one cop. Look at the video clips and tell me she wasn't endangering hundreds of people doing what she did. Her car is a deadly weapon. What, the law should stick to harsh language?!? Throw a spike strip on the White House doorstep or hope she tires herself out after a few hours of joy riding around DC?

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! Jesus H Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.20.07
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,886
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love Again
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Likes
    903
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

    Default

    STOP!...or I'll say STOP again.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

  7. #7
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,839
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 01:40 PM
    Likes
    1,881
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Paranoid DC Police?
    I made up that headline Mike. It just sounded more sensational.

  8. #8
    Good Enough pal1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.30.07
    Age
    46
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    1,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

    Too hard to choose
    Last Online

    06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    She probably was pissed when she found out how much she had to pay for her new health plan.

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,749
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Respect my Wind
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Likes
    143
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    She probably was pissed when she found out how much she had to pay for her new health plan.
    I bet that ties in with it, people are out there getting fucked hard by this thing, people who already dont have anything already. The liberal media would never report any truth of this though for fear of people organizing protests over this piece of shit legislation.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

  10. #10
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I bet that ties in with it, people are out there getting fucked hard by this thing, people who already dont have anything already. The liberal media would never report any truth of this though for fear of people organizing protests over this piece of shit legislation.

    I'm guessing the cost of insurance has nothing to do with a mother going on a suicide mission with her 1 year old in the car. Just a hunch. I'm thinking maybe it has to so with mental illness.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Oh fer fuck's sake. The woman was recklessly driving her car hitting other cars and badly injured at least one cop. Look at the video clips and tell me she wasn't endangering hundreds of people doing what she did. Her car is a deadly weapon. What, the law should stick to harsh language?!? Throw a spike strip on the White House doorstep or hope she tires herself out after a few hours of joy riding around DC?
    Ummm. Yeah.

    I would like to think the cops would have thought to shoot out her tires before shooting her in the head, yeah. That's kind of their job. Do do everything possible to try and apprehend and subdue a suspect before lethal force is an option. And if she was indeed mentally ill, then this DC police failure is even more sad.

    Also...Im no cop but when they tried to box her in, why did they leave her a clean, wide opening to get away through? If they had done so, they could have shattered the windows and tazered her. Granted, Im not a cop and I don't know what was going through their heads. As you said, she injured a cop. But does that mean lethal force is the only option left for them?

    They didn't do their job as well as they could have.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.05.13 at 07:28 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  12. #12
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Ummm. Yeah.

    I would like to think the cops would have thought to shoot out her tires before shooting her in the head, yeah. That's kind of their job. Do do everything possible to try and apprehend and subdue a suspect before lethal force is an option. And if she was indeed mentally ill, then this DC police failure is even more sad.

    Also...Im no cop but when they tried to box her in, why did they leave her a clean, wide opening to get away through? If they had done so, they could have shattered the windows and tazered her. Granted, Im not a cop and I don't know what was going through their heads. As you said, she injured a cop. But does that mean lethal force is the only option left for them?

    They didn't do their job as well as they could have.

    Its a no win spot for them. She was a threat to everyone in the area. You need to end the threat asap. If they don't shoot her and she kills a bunch of people then they get criticized for that.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,923
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Likes
    3,510
    Liked 18,157 Times in 8,973 Posts

    Default

    I don't know, it is easy to second guess from an arm chair, but my father in law, a West Point grad, veteran, spook and general grade A bad ass was a little disturbed about how it was handled, and he knows a shit load more about it than most of us on here.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 10.05.13 at 08:05 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  14. #14
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,145
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't know, it is easy to second guess from a arm chair, but my father in law, a West Point grad, veteran, spook and general grade A bad ass was a little disturbed about how it was handled, and he knows a shit load more about it than most of us on here.

    No issue with him second guessing the cops on this. I won't.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Its a no win spot for them. She was a threat to everyone in the area. You need to end the threat asap. If they don't shoot her and she kills a bunch of people then they get criticized for that.
    100%. She was a threat. My only beef is that, up until the point they decided to use lethal force, I don't think they exercised every avenue they could/should have.

    Box her in properly. Shoot the tires out. The woman ain't going anywhere.


    But because they didn't do that, there only avenue was lethal force. That's how I see it and I know Im being an armchair, Monday morning QB. I just think the situation could have been deescalated prior to her being shot.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.05.13 at 08:40 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 06.14.13, 02:20 PM
  2. Fed up with rowdy kids, bus driver drops kids off at police station
    By Daisy Hill in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 12.03.10, 03:33 AM
  3. Police Taser Pastor 'Helping' Driver in Traffic Stop
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07.03.09, 11:02 AM
  4. N.Y. police kill groom near strip club
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05.21.08, 04:14 AM
  5. reckless 17yo driver kills sister, her friend and self
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10.12.07, 02:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •