Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.27.20 @ 11:38 AM
    Liked 1,362 Times in 768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    ...All it is are people that are finally purging the Rinos of the party for candidates that have a consistent and unwavering attitude when it comes to their core issues. Those core issues are different for each candidate and even each segment of the country...
    You're right, it is NOT a party. But you can't have a "consistent and unwavering attitude" on core issues if it is "different for each candidate and even each segment of the country."

That is the OPPOSITE of "consistent and unwavering."

I would suggest that the unwavering beliefs - such as they exist - are espoused in what they ominously call the "non-negotiable core beliefs." Their words, not mine.

I don't know if anybody "took over" the tea party agenda. But I know that beyond certain fiscal and tax issues, its positions and candidates are decidedly un-libertarian. Either that, or their stated core beliefs are horseshit pandering.

TK

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.27.20 @ 11:59 AM
    Liked 4,004 Times in 1,984 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    You're right, it is NOT a party. But you can't have a "consistent and unwavering attitude" on core issues if it is "different for each candidate and even each segment of the country."

That is the OPPOSITE of "consistent and unwavering."

I would suggest that the unwavering beliefs - such as they exist - are espoused in what they ominously call the "non-negotiable core beliefs." Their words, not mine.

I don't know if anybody "took over" the tea party agenda. But I know that beyond certain fiscal and tax issues, its positions and candidates are decidedly un-libertarian. Either that, or their stated core beliefs are horseshit pandering.

TK
    Each candidate's unwavering beliefs are a reflection of the community of which they represent. So, one candidate might have been elected because he refuses to increase spending for anything. Another might be elected because he refuses to compromise on foreign military strikes. The point is that each candidate is different, but is a reflection of an overall attitude of voters across the country that have watched the government slide consistently into the shitter on the basis "compromise" and "getting things done."

Bush got bipartisan support on No Child Left Behind. How'd that work out? Bush got bipartisan support for The Patriot Act. How about that one? Bush/Obama got bipartisan support for TARP. Wonderful, right? The recent history of our country is full of "compromise" that sent us further down the rabbit hole.

It's about time there is someone on Capitol Hill that looks the other guy in the eye and says: "Look, you mean well, but your ideas are shit. And no, I won't take the handout to my district like the last guy in my office. My constituents don't want it--that's how we got here in the first place. They want their government to be ran correctly."

There's no doubt that much of the Tea Party sentiment was based on out-of-control government spending (which since then, only with the help of "tea party" candidates voting no on all of the President's proposals has the government spending mostly halted), which tends to be a more Libertarian point of view, but that is not because the Tea Party idea is Libertarian. It's its own animal and is decidedly nebulous.

Candidates have tried to latch on to the "tea party" idea because it was a populist message, and the media has been all to eager to point out which candidates they consider "tea party," but that doesn't make it so. The people that have been elected have replaced candidates that sold out when their consituents needed them most, and they weren't going to take it any longer.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

03.28.20 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 1,280 Times in 695 Posts

Premium Member

This smug cocksucker is just contemptible. The clip perfectly illustrates in a nutshell the hypocrisy and total disconnect most of our elected officials and especially this group of Republicans supporting the shutdown have with their constituents.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.28.20 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 20,421 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    This smug cocksucker is just contemptible. The clip perfectly illustrates in a nutshell the hypocrisy and total disconnect most of our elected officials and especially this group of Republicans supporting the shutdown have with their constituents.
    No, it doesn't. He's absolutely right when he says the park service should be ashamed. The man in the helmet is also right because Harry Reid's senate hasn't passed a budget in four years. There is no disconnect, they are doing their jobs. The country can no longer afford to continue down the path it has been going for years. Here's what one park ranger had to say about the B.S. closings of the memorials.

The Park Service appears to be closing streets on mere whim and caprice. The rangers even closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon, where the plantation home of George Washington is a favorite tourist destination. That was after they barred the new World War II Memorial on the Mall to veterans of World War II. But the government does not own Mount Vernon; it is privately owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association. The ladies bought it years ago to preserve it as a national memorial. The feds closed access to the parking lots this week, even though the lots are jointly owned with the Mount Vernon ladies. The rangers are from the government, and they’re only here to help.

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...s-of-the-game/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

03.28.20 @ 07:50 AM
    Liked 28,428 Times in 14,384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    No, it doesn't. He's absolutely right when he says the park service should be ashamed. The man in the helmet is also right because Harry Reid's senate hasn't passed a budget in four years. There is no disconnect, they are doing their jobs.
    Why are people taking out their blame on the fucking park service employees?

They are doing what they are told, they would like to have a job when all of this is over. Harry Reid not passing a budget and other shit has nothing to do with a Park Ranger saying "yes, the park is closed, there is nothing I can do about it."

Whomever the douche was talking like that to the park service employee should himself be ashamed in my mind, not the other way around.

The park service employee was a lot more patient with him than I would have been, my response would have been "what the fuck do you want me to do about it? I can't re-open the government by myself, I'm a God damned Park Ranger, get off you fucking high horse and go complain to someone who can actually do something about it. Dick."

Or something like that.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

The park service employee was a lot more patient with him than I would have been, my response would have been "what the fuck do you want me to do about it? I can't re-open the government by myself, I'm a God damned Park Ranger, get off you fucking high horse and go complain to someone who can actually do something about it. Dick."

Or something like that.
    I think the other park ranger had the better approach when he revealed what his orders were.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

Premium Member

Harry Reid's senate hasn't passed a budget in four years.
    March 2013 says otherwise.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

March 2013 says otherwise.
    Yay! It only took them ALMOST four years
    Hey gang , let's all celebrate that they shit on us for ALMOST four years. C'mon everybody!

Last Online

Premium Member

Yay! It only took them ALMOST four years
    Hey gang , let's all celebrate that they shit on us for ALMOST four years. C'mon everybody!

Why wasn't there a government shutdown during those four years?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Why wasn't there a government shutdown during those four years?
    Because we didn't have enough principled leaders to stand up and say ENOUGH.

Last Online

Premium Member

Because we didn't have enough principled leaders to stand up and say ENOUGH.
    Right. Because a delusional minority holding up a country's budget negotiation to try to change an existing law is how a democratic society gets things done.

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 11,193 Times in 6,766 Posts

Right. Because a delusional minority holding up a country's budget negotiation to try to change an existing law is how a democratic society gets things done.
    Obamacare is the only thing that is delusional in all this nonsense. It's a giant turd that is clogging the toilet and the person who laid it wants to admire the corn in it, instead of plunging.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Obamacare is the only thing that is delusional in all this nonsense. It's a giant turd that is clogging the toilet and the person who laid it wants to admire the corn in it, instead of plunging.
    Thank you. Finally we have some leaders with some big plungers.

Last Online

Premium Member

Yeah, "Obamacare" is what's gonna wreck the economy in a few weeks.... LOL!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yeah, "Obamacare" is what's gonna wreck the economy in a few weeks.... LOL!
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 10.05.13 at 07:11 PM.