Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:57 AM
    Liked 11,761 Times in 6,516 Posts

Premium Member

Default AP: Tea Party Has Unmoored GOP from Big Business

The Associated Press says the Tea Party's growing power and influence has unmoored Republican politicians from their traditional alliance with Wall Street in favor of grassroots conservative activists.

AP reporters Charles Babington and Jim Kuhnhenn cited the "corporate community's waning clout" and "the remarkable drop in the business community's influence among House Republicans, who increasingly respond more to Tea Party conservatives than to the Chamber of Commerce."

The shift comes as grassroots activists have re-framed the GOP's old "pro-business" stance into a "pro-free markets" positioning that eschews the kinds of corporate welfare and taxpayer-funded crony capitalism found in big government giveaways to industries that make hefty political contributions.

President Obama and Democrats have seized on the shift and have increased their already strong courting of corporate executives. On Wednesday, Obama held White House meetings with 14 top CEOs from some of America's biggest financial firms. Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein then stood on the White House driveway and scolded those who would "use threats of causing the U.S. to fail on its obligations to repay its debt as a cudgel."

Former Mitt Romney adviser Kevin Madden told the AP the Tea Party's rise has shaken up the GOP establishment.

"Now it's more of a bottom-up model, where you see these grassroots organizations and grassroots voters are now more empowered and they feel they have a stronger voice," said Madden.

Now, if only those voters on the left would do the same.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Some+in...ox&FORM=IE8SRC

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...m-Big-Business
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,143 Times in 8,965 Posts

Yep, way to go Republicans.

Let's piss off the fiscal conservative base and just concentrate on the social conservatives, yep, that's a winner. Let's concentrate our party on the people that think Jesus was riding a velociraptor.

Dear God, they are so politically inept that they make President Obama look like Winston Fucking Churchill. Do you know how difficult it is to make him look good? But congrats to them, they do it all the time. They just get shit handed to them on a plate by the Democrats, and they just can't manage to do the right thing. They are constantly stepping on their dicks.

Go Republicans!!

Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Yep, way to go Republicans.

Let's piss off the fiscal conservative base and just concentrate on the social conservatives, yep, that's a winner. Let's concentrate our party on the people that think Jesus was riding a velociraptor.

Dear God, they are so politically inept that they make President Obama look like Winston Fucking Churchill. Do you know how difficult it is to make him look good? But congrats to them, they do it all the time. They just get shit handed to them on a plate by the Democrats, and they just can't manage to do the right thing. They are constantly stepping on their dicks.

Go Republicans!!

How do you think they are focusing only on the social conservatives? The guys leading the charge are fiscal conservatives.I'm pro business but not to the point where the establishment wing of the party has taken it. The left had a point when they said that politicians were too beholden to big corporations. The problem was that they only singled out the Republicans and painted the Democrats as angels. Big business only looks out for themselves. If you want proof just watch Jeffrey Immelt defend China's state run communism.

The fact that they are going to be less able to buy them off is a good thing.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Don't worry DD the money always stays status quo! BTW the Tea Party in case you don't know stands for Taxed Enough Already and is fiscal conservative in origin NOT social conservative in origin. Its grass roots. Personally I think Libertarian is the way to go.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Don't worry DD the money always stays status quo! BTW the Tea Party in case you don't know stands for Taxed Enough Already and is fiscal conservative in origin NOT social conservative in origin. Its grass roots. Personally I think Libertarian is the way to go.
    Plenty of Libertarians in there too, Matt Kibbe is a Libertarian.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    How do you think they are focusing only on the social conservatives? The guys leading the charge are fiscal conservatives.I'm pro business but not to the point where the establishment wing of the party has taken it. The left had a point when they said that politicians were too beholden to big corporations. The problem was that they only singled out the Republicans and painted the Democrats as angels. Big business only looks out for themselves. If you want proof just watch Jeffrey Immelt defend China's state run communism.

The fact that they are going to be less able to buy them off is a good thing.
    Because the Republican Party is putting forward idiots as candidates. And I am not saying Democrats do not, but we are putting forward some real Mensa candidates in the last election, no wonder we can't win the Senate.

Maybe they just get all the publicity, but it seems they seem more concerned about making sure that Creationism is taught in school () instead of focusing on the number one issue that is at hand: the country's finances.

And I haven't seen jack shit from the Republican Party in that regard. Sure, they complain a lot, and pass legislation that has 0.0% chance of passing, and then complain about it.

You lost the election in 2008 because you did a shit job for the eight years you held the White House. The Democrats had complete power because of it, and they were able to do what they want until the 2010 mid terms.

Maybe, just maybe, if they had actually been, I don't know, FISCAL CONSERVATIVES for the eight years that George Bush was President, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

If they had done their fucking job, then maybe we wouldn't have Barack Obama as President of the United States.

But they didn't.

What they SHOULD be doing is coming up with a long range financial plan that corrects the course we are on. We can't fix this in a week, or a month, it is going to take DECADES, but we have to get started now.

They act like they can hold their breath in the corner, and all of a sudden the PPACA is going to get repealed, the budget magically lowered, and no longer the need for deficit spending.

That is not policy, that is fucking lunacy.

And yes, I am holding them to a higher standard, and yes it isn't fair, but I already KNOW what Obama and his cronies think is good fiscal policy, I keep hoping that the Republican party will get their act together, get their heads out of their ass, sharpen their pencils, and make a fucking argument.

They aren't doing that, they are just more concerned with what political points they can make.

Sorry, that's my take. I think as a group they are a bunch of fucking morons. With exceptions of course, but overall, idiots.

There is not a single one of them that has stepped forward so far that can make an argument about why the PPACA is a bad piece of legislation, why it needs to be amended or repealed, etc.

Closing the government will accomplish NOTHING. Let me repeat. NOTHING.

The President is not going to cave. He has the bully pulpit, he isn't running for re-election, he knows that the vast majority of Americans already think Congress is a bunch of fuck-tards, so they are going to blame Congress in mass, not him.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:01 AM
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts

Premium Member

Because the Republican Party is putting forward idiots as candidates. And I am not saying Democrats do not, but we are putting forward some real Mensa candidates in the last election, no wonder we can't win the Senate.

Maybe they just get all the publicity, but it seems they seem more concerned about making sure that Creationism is taught in school () instead of focusing on the number one issue that is at hand: the country's finances.

And I haven't seen jack shit from the Republican Party in that regard. Sure, they complain a lot, and pass legislation that has 0.0% chance of passing, and then complain about it.

You lost the election in 2008 because you did a shit job for the eight years you held the White House. The Democrats had complete power because of it, and they were able to do what they want until the 2010 mid terms.

Maybe, just maybe, if they had actually been, I don't know, FISCAL CONSERVATIVES for the eight years that George Bush was President, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

If they had done their fucking job, then maybe we wouldn't have Barack Obama as President of the United States.

But they didn't.

What they SHOULD be doing is coming up with a long range financial plan that corrects the course we are on. We can't fix this in a week, or a month, it is going to take DECADES, but we have to get started now.

They act like they can hold their breath in the corner, and all of a sudden the PPACA is going to get repealed, the budget magically lowered, and no longer the need for deficit spending.

And yes, I am holding them to a higher standard, and yes it isn't fair, but I already KNOW what Obama and his cronies think is good fiscal policy, I keep hoping that the Republican party will get their act together, get their heads out of their ass, sharpen their pencils, and make a fucking argument.

They aren't doing that, they are just more concerned with what political points they can make.

Sorry, that's my take. I think as a group they are a bunch of fucking morons. With exceptions of course, but overall, idiots.

There is not a single one of them that has stepped forward so far that can make an argument about why the PPACA is a bad piece of legislation, why it needs to be amended or repealed, etc.

Closing the government will accomplish NOTHING. Let me repeat. NOTHING.

The President is not going to cave. He has the bully pulpit, he isn't running for re-election, he knows that the vast majority of Americans already think Congress is a bunch of fuck-tards, so they are going to blame Congress in mass, not him.
    I honestly think Rand Paul did a pretty good job explaining his opposition to the ACA recently on the Daily Show. It starts at about the 1 minute mark and ends at the 7 minute mark. Take 6 minutes and watch http://splitsider.com/2013/08/watch-...t-health-care/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

A little off topic, but I am doing a non-profit tax return at this moment.

I won't name the non-profit, or the event, but they receive FEDERAL MONEY.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars, and one of their events was a conference on homosexual master/slave BDSM. I had to look up BDSM.

Now, I am very tolerant of people being able to do what they want as long as they don't harm others. But fucking federal grant money going to this organization? Bullshit.

That is our tax dollars going to an organization that one of their major accomplishments is master/slave BDSM. Great use of taxpayer dollars.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

But they didn't.

The conservatives leading the charge against most of what you described were elected because of all that. Why do you think there is a battle between the true conservatives and the establishment Republicans and RINOS within the party? The old guard is responsible for the mess you described and for the first time they're being challenged by new the blood. Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Tim Scott and others have been up front and in their faces. The message is clear to the McCain/Graham Rino crowd, YOU'RE TIME IS UP!

No More McCains, Romneys, Bushes, and Rubios who'll sell their souls just to stay in power. The other side should be cleaning house also, but don't hold your breath because too many goodies are being doled out.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 10.03.13 at 12:36 PM.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

We can all look forward to the Tea Party making the US dollar worth about as much as a Mexican peso in about 3 week's time.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:06 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 1,011 Posts

Premium Member

I will watch who the GOP puts out in 2016.

I can't ever call myself a conservative or liberal anymore though. That time has past.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Me too. When I was a young little Reagan Republican, yeah. But as I have gotten older, more cynical, and hopefully a little wiser, I think they are pretty much all bat shit crazy.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    We can all look forward to the Tea Party making the US dollar worth about as much as a Mexican peso in about 3 week's time.
    Oh yeah, Bernake and the fed have been destroying the dollar for quite some time now but you want to blame the tea party? C'mon man

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I will watch who the GOP puts out in 2016.

I can't ever call myself a conservative or liberal anymore though. That time has past.
    The establishment will put Jeb or Rubio out there while the conservatives will put up Paul & Cruz. Make no mistake, if the establishment parties have their way it will be Bush or Rubio vs Clinton. If that happens it doesn't matter who you vote for.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:06 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 1,011 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    The establishment will put Jeb or Rubio out there while the conservatives will put up Paul & Cruz. Make no mistake, if the establishment parties have their way it will be Bush or Rubio vs Clinton. If that happens it doesn't matter who you vote for.
    The thought of Jeb Bush being President makes my skin crawl.

That's all.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw