Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.24.16 @ 01:27 PM
    Liked 775 Times in 310 Posts

Default CNN Cancels Plan to Air Hillary Clinton Documentary

Bill Hemmer just reported on America's Newsroom that CNN has decided to scrap its plan to make a documentary about the life of Hillary Clinton.

The director, Charles Ferguson, said "nobody was interested in helping me make this film," explaining that requests for interviews were being turned down by both Democrats and Republicans.

Ferguson wrote on Huffington Post a detailed explanation of why he has decided to abandon the project.

Neither political party wanted the film made. After painful reflection, I decided that I couldn't make a film of which I would be proud. And so I'm cancelling. (Not because of any pressure from CNN -- quite the contrary.) It's a victory for the Clintons, and for the money machines that both political parties have now become. But I don't think that it's a victory for the media, or for the American people. I still believe that Mrs. Clinton has many virtues including great intelligence, fortitude, and a deep commitment to bettering the lives of women and children worldwide. But this is not her finest hour.

RNC chairman Reince Priebus said on Hannity last month that the RNC would boycott CNN and NBC for the GOP primary debates in 2016.

NBC announced a few months ago that it was planning a Hillary Clinton miniseries that would focus on her time from the Monica Lewinsky scandal to the present.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.23.16 @ 01:32 PM
    Liked 1,371 Times in 690 Posts

I don't get why he thinks this is a victory for the Clintons since it was sure to be a puff piece. Maybe he thinks the world has forgotten how she railed against a "vast right-wing conspiracy" to take down her husband and they don't need to be reminded of it. In fact, the only one taking anything down was Bill Clinton taking down women's panties. She knew what was going on all along and she put up with it because she wanted the power and political influence.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.