Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 10:31 PM
    Liked 4,052 Times in 2,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    One can also argue that McDonald's serving billions must mean they make great burgers. They're fuckin awful.
    The tone of my response may have overshadowed my meaning. My point was that hiring a guy with a large, devoted fan base is a shrewd business move, not a shrewd creative hiring.

My guess is that there was nowhere really creative that the show could go with the main star and main source of humor gone, so the choices were to a) shut down, or b) make a move where you'll get some eyeballs in the demo. Ashton guaranteed eyeballs in the demo. It doesn't matter if the show is good as long as a large amount of people 18-49 are watching.

Last Online

01.16.19 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 9,223 Times in 4,966 Posts

Premium Member

Two and a half Men season premiere was absolutely horrible. The most cringe worthy characters ever assembles in one half hour. Grade - E

The Crazy Ones wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's got a decent cast and I like the premise, but it needs to slow the pace down a little maybe... a bit to frantic. Feels like an hour comedy/drama squeezed into half the time.

As expected, Robin Williams broke out just about his entire repertoire of emotions in one episode, but it wasn't a deal breaker as of yet. Hope he finds a center to his character to focus on and ground him... but I doubt it, he's Robin Williams. Williams's interactions with the young guy that plays Zach were pretty funny, so I hope they build on that pairing.

Word is that the product placement such as McDonalds in the pilot episode is for realism, and is not endorsed by the actual companies featured. Hmmm? Grade - C

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Finally watched the Michael J Fox Show. I thought it was actually much smarter and funnier than The Crazy Ones, though I was entertained by it.

TV By The Numbers does a cancel/renew index. So far, they're predicting that Hostages, Lucky 7 have virtually no chance . Other shows are in danger, such as Mom.

Otherwise, there are some safe bets--Blacklist, Agents of SHIELD, and Sleepy Hollow. There are other potential safe bets that are a bit wait and see. Crazy Ones is one of these, as lots of people likely took a peak because of Robin Williams. How it is doing by episode 7 is probably a better gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Word is that the product placement such as McDonalds in the pilot episode is for realism, and is not endorsed by the actual companies featured. Hmmm? Grade - C
    I read an article back in the summer that McDonald's didn't pay for the pilot; they are using real products for realism, but are not being paid for it. However, the hope is that it can be monetized going forward for season two.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 10.01.13 at 12:01 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    The tone of my response may have overshadowed my meaning. My point was that hiring a guy with a large, devoted fan base is a shrewd business move, not a shrewd creative hiring.

My guess is that there was nowhere really creative that the show could go with the main star and main source of humor gone, so the choices were to a) shut down, or b) make a move where you'll get some eyeballs in the demo. Ashton guaranteed eyeballs in the demo. It doesn't matter if the show is good as long as a large amount of people 18-49 are watching.
    I hear ya. My point was, the masses are fuckin' idiots.

Breaking Bad fans are exempt from this ruling.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

There's just too many
    Last Online

10.26.15 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 158 Times in 99 Posts

Now that Breaking Bad is over, Netflix has become my main thing. House of Cards, Portlandia, Arrested Development. Very few shows on regular TV that are appealing right now. Modern Family has hit a wall for me. Big Bang Theory is a hit or miss.... Can't wait for Walking Dead to start up again.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 23,442 Times in 11,813 Posts

Premium Member

Until Vivid Video comes up with their own channel, I probably won't be watching much on TV.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Last Online

10.28.18 @ 10:37 PM
    Liked 125 Times in 72 Posts

Donor

Sad "Breaking" is done. Just watched the entire S1 of "Ray Donovan" on Showtime and thought it was amazing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

01.14.19 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 2,769 Times in 1,729 Posts

Premium Member

well apparently no one was watching Welcome to the family or Ironsides...cause they are both dunzo along with We Are Men........which seems to suffer the Jerry Oconnell curse

dang, if i were an actor and someone told me I had just been cast in a Jerry Oconnell show, I would cash the check FAST

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    well apparently no one was watching Welcome to the family or Ironsides...cause they are both dunzo along with We Are Men........which seems to suffer the Jerry Oconnell curse

dang, if i were an actor and someone told me I had just been cast in a Jerry Oconnell show, I would cash the check FAST
    Same goes for Blair Underwood, really.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 196 Times in 90 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Spader is really the only reason to watch "Blacklist" though.
    The Blacklist isn't bad, I've enjoyed it for the most part.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Premium Member

The Returned on Sundance channel

creepy. so often you hear people in their grief say that their loss seems unreal and that it seems as tho their loved one will walk thru the door at any minute.

but what if that should happen?

In this French series with English subtitles, a small town deals with what happens when their deceased loved ones suddenly start appearing. The Returned come back with questions of their own, and not all of them were nice people when they were alive. Grieving parents have one of their twin daughters, who was killed in a bus accident, show up at the door four years later claiming that she woke on the side of the mountain and doesn't know what happened. A young mother has her deceased bridegroom show up, an older man has his long dead wife turn up in his kitchen, a mysterious young boy unknown to anyone follows a nurse home one night and an evil man with ties to the local bar owner shows up and is up to no good.

wasn't sure how this would go over in a foreign language, but it's still effective

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 1,918 Times in 1,316 Posts

some weeks I'm having trouble watching much of anything. Anybody else having issues with CBS OnDemand on their cable system, or is that just a Bright House thing? For instance, the 11/7 episode of "Big Bang Theory" never appeared (and that's about the 3rd "Big Bang Theory" episode this year), yet the 11/14 episode is there. I don't like watching tv on my computer (or iPad) - I have a TV to watch TV on! This week's (11/12) "NCIS" is not available, but "NCIS: LA" is. Somebody somewhere needs to get their shit together!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Premium Member

binge watched 'Orange is the New Black" on Netflix.

have to say that you do not often seen such complex women characters featured on television shows...especially complex and diverse women.

You know these are bad women, and women who have done bad things, but you still care for them and the back stories that unfurl about their lives and how they came to be where they are, are fascinating.

Taylor Shilling is excellent as the lead, but scenes get stolen particularly by Kate Mulgrew as the Russian prison cook and Laura Prepon as an incarcerated drug dealer, Taryn Manning as the accidental Jesus Freak, Pablo Shreiber as the sadistic guard...... and Natasha Lyonne ....who hasn't had a chance to tear into something like this in a while

well worth the time can't wait to find out what happens in season 2

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 427 Times in 265 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    binge watched 'Orange is the New Black" on Netflix.

have to say that you do not often seen such complex women characters featured on television shows...especially complex and diverse women.

You know these are bad women, and women who have done bad things, but you still care for them and the back stories that unfurl about their lives and how they came to be where they are, are fascinating.

Taylor Shilling is excellent as the lead, but scenes get stolen particularly by Kate Mulgrew as the Russian prison cook and Laura Prepon as an incarcerated drug dealer, Taryn Manning as the accidental Jesus Freak, Pablo Shreiber as the sadistic guard...... and Natasha Lyonne ....who hasn't had a chance to tear into something like this in a while

well worth the time can't wait to find out what happens in season 2
    Orange is a great show!! It started a bit slow, but when the season goes on, you learn a lot more about the other characters/actors... and that is very important, IMO. It really surprised me how good it is. I am surely going to watch season 2!!

Also, I am trying to be patient while waiting for the next season of Shameless. My 2nd fav show ever next to Breaking Bad.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

01.16.19 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 23,442 Times in 11,813 Posts

Premium Member

Game of Thrones, and that new cop show featuriung Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey (sp?) in the first season, I thought that looked interesting.

Nothing else.

Non premium TV just sucks.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!