Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Last Online

03.25.19 @ 07:38 AM
    Liked 9,570 Times in 5,180 Posts

Premium Member

Craig Ferguson and that hot broad that reads the CBS News overnight. That's about the only fresh new shit I watch in real time anymore. Everything else is DVD or DVR'd.

I have my own network at my house that programs great shit and pulls in stellar ratings with home made popcorn and a clean toilet down the hall.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 38 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Two and a Half Men debuted to 11.6 million total viewers and a 2.9 in the demo.
    How is this hunk of shit still on the air after Ashton "My Stool Is Funnier" Kutcher took over is beyond me. Fuckin' thing's unwatchable.

Sadly, Sheen's new show hasn't grabbed me either.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.25.19 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 2,849 Times in 1,782 Posts

Premium Member

Not sure how long the Michael J. Fox Show will stay on. The show was the lowest-rated Thursday night comedy debut in NBC history. The numbers aren't bad for the modern era. The problem is that there is an inevitable drop after a debut, so essentially the show can't lose many viewers if it wants a second season (though NBC has a habit of saving shows it believes in after a less than stellar first season, like The Office and Community).

To compare, from 9pm-10pm (the pilot and episode two aired, no half hour breakdown yet), the Michael J. Fox Show had 7.5 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating in the demo. Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams, had 15.5 million viewers and a 3.9 rating in the demo.

Big Bang Theory debuted to 19 million and 20.44 million total viewers (8 and 8:30) and a 5.5, 6.1 rating (8 and 8:30) in the demo, Two and a Half Men debuted to 11.6 million total viewers and a 2.9 in the demo.

Meanwhile, Parks and Rec debuted to 3.27 million total viewers and a 1.3 in the demo.

In other words, in what used to be NBC's goldmine--Must See TV Thursday nights--NBC got trounced. Big time.

I dvr-d the Fox show because I was watching big bangs one hour premiere and then on to the rest of their slate

The crazy ones turned out to be a commercial for McDonalds

the Fox show was a one hour late in the evening and had Parks and Rec as a lead in and aside from Crazy ones had the half of a two hour Greys Anatomy premiere and the premiere of Glee

but the key to owning that night was Big Bang

it was a fractured night for tv viewers....lots of dvr ing going on

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 09:47 PM
    Liked 484 Times in 298 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Just heard a commercial on the radio this morning for Master Chef Jr.

Sounds like a bit of a gimmick, but it might be OK.

Makes me wonder what ever happened to the blind chef from a year or two ago. I quit watching, not because of the blind lady but because the show had already sort of jumped the shark.
    I DVR'd the Jr Chefs.
    The blind chef was on this past seasons Master Chef and gave a great challenge. (she has her own cook-book and is doing quite well, from what they said). The challenge was to make a dish with a blind-fold on. Everyone kinda freaked out during the preparation period, since they couldn't see anything. The challenge started for a few minutes, and then she told everyone that they could take the blind-folds off. It was actually pretty comical to see. I watch the Master Chef shows to learn quickly on how to cook fresh foods for my teenage boys and I . It beats the hell out of fast food and frozen dinners. I don't watch the other cooking shows much since I like to see what and how several other people cook what I may want to eat.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 09:47 PM
    Liked 484 Times in 298 Posts

Premium Member

I also like watching Gold Rush and I seriously can't wait for the next season of Shameless on Showtime. Parenthood is a good show to watch too. It's like they are a real family and show real things that could and do actually happen.
    Just go for it!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 4,210 Times in 2,528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I dvr-d the Fox show because I was watching big bangs one hour premiere and then on to the rest of their slate

The crazy ones turned out to be a commercial for McDonalds

the Fox show was a one hour late in the evening and had Parks and Rec as a lead in and aside from Crazy ones had the half of a two hour Greys Anatomy premiere and the premiere of Glee

but the key to owning that night was Big Bang

it was a fractured night for tv viewers....lots of dvr ing going on
    That's the problem--NBC no longer has a comedy anchor to build Thursday night around. And Thursdays are the key because that is the night the big money comes in--advertisers want to catch you for the weekend. Big Bang was the key, and there could be a huge drop off for The Crazy Ones next week. But its pilot and the MJ Fox pilot went head to head. And it wasn't even close (like I said you're right, the lead in is huge).

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    How is this hunk of shit still on the air after Ashton "My Stool Is Funnier" Kutcher took over is beyond me. Fuckin' thing's unwatchable.

Hiring Kutcher was a shrewd move. Dude has 15 million Twitter followers. I think he had about 12 million when he was hired. A large percentage of those eyeballs were going to take a look/see at the show when he debuted. You take the original fans that stayed, Kutcher's fans, and then curious eyeballs with all the publicity and you get a fanbase 12 million strong.

Apparently, Sheen's show is starting to make his character more like Charlie Harper. I stopped watching not long after his dad showed up.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 07:09 AM
    Liked 623 Times in 282 Posts

Sleepy Hollow- First episode was good, haven't watched the second yet.
    Mom-Was pretty funny
    Agents Of Shield- was what I expected, entertaining
    Dads-Funny haven't watched second one yet
    Brooklyn 9-9- same as Dads
    Goldbergs- had its moments hoping for better
    Trophy Wife- the chick as the trophy wife is HOT! Which makes it worth watching but not too bad of a show.
    Crazy Ones- Had moments
    MJ Fox Show- Was ok, but to me an hour was too much on opening night. Actually fell a sleep during second episode.

Older shows:
    HIMYM-good but glad its the last season
    2 Broke Girls- Always funny, Olag is my favorite character along with the brunette's tits.
    NCIS-Was very good
    NCIS LA- still haven't watched season premier yet.
    Chicago Fire- Still liked
    Big Bang- Funny
    2 1/2 Men- Still funny with new character to help keep fresh.
    Hawaii Five-0- Watching tonight on DVR along with the other shows on DVR

Totally forgot about DVR-ing The Blacklist, will catch it On Demand.

I still like to watch Alaska State Troopers which is finally airing new shows now too.
    Last edited by Eddymon; 09.28.13 at 05:34 AM.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

Premium Member

Americas Test Kitchen and Cooks Country on PBS. The best cooking shows on TV IMO.

I've learned more from those two shows than anything I thought I could in a ten week chefs course I took many years ago.

Lidia's Italy rocks pretty hard too. I'd love to have that woman as a neighbor.
    Last edited by Number 47; 09.28.13 at 06:06 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.25.19 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 2,849 Times in 1,782 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post

I thought Amber Tamblyn was going to be great and perhaps inject new life, but I think making Charlie's daughter a lesbian is going to be a big mistake.....not that there's anything wrong with that LOL

and Sheen's show is a snooze....same character different set...nothing fresh

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 05:07 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I don't get around to much TV, but this year Here's what I'll most likely be watching. Not all are "new", per se.
    The Middle-pretty funny, reminds me of my family
    Modern Family-funny
    The Goldbergs-premier was decent
    NCIS LA-didn't see the premier, but this is always great
    NCIS-" "
    American Dad-Best of Mcfarlane's animated shows
    Cleveland Show-maybe
    The Office-IF NBC DIDN'T DECIDE TO FUCKING SHUT IT DOWN

Last Online

03.25.19 @ 05:48 AM
    Liked 871 Times in 513 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

NBC replayed the Michael J Fox shows last night. I watched all of both of them and found it only mildly amusing. Almost formulaic. I doubt I'll watch it again, or at least I won't go out of my way to.

The Two and a Half Men premiere wasn't good at all. I actually like Kutcher, but the writing has become so repetitive and predictable that it's nearly unwatchable.

Last Spring I binge-watched Sons of Anarchy from beginning to current and was sucked in. I had high hopes for this season, but the first episode was slow and badly acted. I'm going to watch episodes 2 and 3 this weekend and hope that it picks up.

The Big Bang premiere was okay. It looks like the actors are almost bored with their roles though.

Looks like my impressions are negative for the most part. I think I'm getting tired of the lack of thought/sophistication being put into TV. That's why series like Breaking Bad are appealing. But the networks, especially the broadcast networks, are aiming for the lowest common denominator.

Last Online

Premium Member

I thought Amber Tamblyn was going to be great and perhaps inject new life, but I think making Charlie's daughter a lesbian is going to be a big mistake.....not that there's anything wrong with that LOL
    So I imagine now that Jake is gone that Charlies daughter is the new 1/2 man because she's a lesbian? Seems about right for the level of humor the show offers anymore.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

03.24.19 @ 10:18 PM
    Liked 1,028 Times in 585 Posts

and Sheen's show is a snooze....same character different set...nothing fresh
    I think making her a lesbian was obvious for the demographic, which is predominately male. An attractive young woman and her string of attractive lovers filtering through that house is just about right.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 38 Posts

Donor

You take the original fans that stayed, Kutcher's fans, and then curious eyeballs with all the publicity and you get a fanbase 12 million strong.
    One can also argue that McDonald's serving billions must mean they make great burgers. They're fuckin awful.

Last edited by LLFHS; 09.28.13 at 10:53 PM.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

03.25.19 @ 04:29 AM
    Liked 1,973 Times in 1,355 Posts

Same stuff as always now that CBS got their shit worked out with Brighthouse/TimeWarner - "NCIS", "NCIS: Los Angeles", "Hawaii Five-0", "Big Bang Theory" & "Two And A Half Men", plus, if it's available On Demand, I'll have a look at "The Crazy Ones".