Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 09:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check out DLArmy.com for these mp3's. This WILL convince you that Dave still has it!!!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is a really, really good recording! Go get it!
    http://www.dlrarmy.com/forums/showth...threadid=13117

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Yeah, people should pay attention...For what I downloaded Dave sounds great!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

From what I've heard initially, this could possibly be the best sounding Dave boot from this tour!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I HIGHLY recommend you checking it out!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

Well, the more I download, the worse it seems to get on Dave's performance. His voice is one of the most confusing subjects I can think of. First off, he can still reach the high notes that he did when he was in VH. The thing is, at least half the time, he'll crack through it or something. It seems like his vocal strength is wearing thin. He is a little more scratchy than he used to be too. It's funny, because you'll listen to part of a song and wonder how the hell Dave can still sing so well, and then at another part, he'll just crack and make himself sound awful. I still believe it is linked to the way he tries to blend his voice with that high, strainy, AC/DC-like falsetto voice. Whenever he uses that in a song, his voice cracks on the high notes, but whenever he attempts a scream (which I actually believe is good for his voice), his normal voice sounds stronger. Even though he misses the screams (which is also linked to the untrained vocal mixing), I still believe that can never harm his voice. Anyway, people, speak your opinions on the show. Glenn, comment?

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Listened to Tobacco Road? Dave does an amazing job with that one. EWS is a lot of fun, too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

LOL

Funny how when Dave sounds bad, people say you can't judge him by hearing mp3's. But when he sounds good, mp3's are a great barometer of his vocal prowess. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Thar be a reasonable explanation for that, matey! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

At times the quality of a recording just isn't good enough. This is an excellent recording, and Dave sounds great.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Well, I've had time to listen to the first 8 songs in their enitrety and I must say that overall, this is a pretty good sounding show...from a recording standpoint.

Dave's voice though seems to peter out here and there, especially on DTNA. Most of the songs I've heard thus far are not too bad, but I really noticed him struggling quite a bit on DTNA. This isn't a slam, just listen for yourself.

From what I've heard, the energy is high and the people are really into it. Dave is just sounding a bit strained on a few of these though.

Great sounding (ie: recording) show though.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

Well, if you want to hear Dave sound pretty damn good, listen to "Panama," "Little Guitars," "Yankee Rose," and especially "Tobacco Road"...He really nailed that one. I have yet to download ATBL and RWTD, but the rest of the show Dave doesn't sound bad, but his voice does crack and "peter out" sometimes. The good thing is, he has the range for recording. He just may miss the high notes once in awhile live. The funny thing is when you listen to EEAS live shows and some earlier Dave solo tours, he seems to be very limited, never going for the high notes. He seems more comfortable singing up there now even when he does miss them. It just doesn't seem like he's struggling to hit the high notes...He goes up there comfortably. His voice just isn't strong enough to deal with it all the time, I suppose.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I downloaded So This Is Love and the best part about it was listening to Dave talk about being a kid in California. He really didnt talk much at all at the omaha show which disappointed me because that's one of the reasons I went was to see Dave be Dave. But its nice to hear him as these recordings are great! He sings more to compensate for the lack of screams he is able to do. So This is Love definitely was a scream loaded song when Dave was young but I really didnt think the song was that much different with Dave singing instead of screaming. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Wow, I finally listened to the first three songs on this, and I can't say I'm terribly impressed. Dave sounds okay, but not overly strong in my opinion.

I'll listen to the rest eventually, but my lack of desire to do so really tells me how bored I've become with this whole saga.