Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

01/29/02
    Having just left their label following 23 years and 11 albums, Van Halen's career is in limbo and their future seems uncertain.

The band severed ties with Warner Bros. Records last month, according to a source close to the group, who emphasized that the band willingly left the company. "There's been a major housecleaning at the company over the last couple months, and anybody that was actually any part of anything when we were around is gone," he said. "They're all about taking care of their young bands now."

A publicist at Warner Bros. confirmed the band is off the label and said the decision was mutual.

Where Van Halen go next is anyone's guess. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen continue to write new material, and last summer Eddie Van Halen said he had three albums' worth of new songs, but still no lead singer (see "Eddie Says Van Halen Loaded With Songs, Short On Singers"). The group's last vocalist, former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone, parted ways with the band in 1999 after just one record, the poorly received Van Halen 3 (see "Gary Cherone Leaves Van Halen").

Since then, rumors have circulated that David Lee Roth had recorded three songs with the group and was getting ready to rejoin, but the band has no plans to do anything with its original vocalist, the source said.

"I think they're just getting over Ed's health problem right now," he said, referring to Van Halen's recent battle with cancer. In April, the guitarist announced he was fighting the disease but was on the mend and feeling great (see "UPDATE: Van Halen Cancer Report Clarified").
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

well there you go....everything we know already anyway...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry.
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Don't be sorry MS your a great fan, bringing out topics makes it fun to come read everyday.
    MTV has nothing better to say because the band has not said anything at all.
    There will be better times.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Iīve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks you're a great fan too, ok someone can close this if they want

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I still can't get over the fact that VH says that the split with WB isn't newsworthy... yet MTV takes the time to post in their "NEWS" section. Hmmmmmm......
    Your favorite band sucks.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not dissing vh here but, why would any teen that likes rap and boybands care about van halen? They don't even know who vh the great ones are..

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by Mean_Street:
    I'm not dissing vh here but, why would any teen that likes rap and boybands care about van halen? They don't even know who vh the great ones are..
    The rap and boyband lovers are gonna convert to VH fans soon bro!...Just like when Van Halen killed DISCO FEVER and started the Hair Band revolution! Current "famous" guitarists will go BACK to the woodshed and learn new and improved chops (a la VH)...any questions?
    Just go for it!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually there are many enormous bands of that era, and a bit beyond that, who are currently working on album. Collectively, these bands could conceivably bring back metal/rock. Everyone always says that musical tastes are cyclical. So if VH, GnR (whatever), Def Leppard, the Chris DeGarmo/Soundgarden project, et al, could all release albums within the same parameter of time, the tide will turn.
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.06.05 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It seems to me Rock is making a comeback..
    More & more I hear tons of Rock
    on the Radio here in Sunny Tampa..lol-
    hopefully =VH= joins them soon.
    We shall see.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whose to say all of this supposed "new material" isnt' VH3-esque? If it is, then it's actually best that it does NOT get released in my opinion. I hate seeing these guys putting nails in their coffins over and over and over again. If you're gonna "evolve" and "progress" as a musician that's all fine and good but you better make damn sure that your new music is GOOD. Just because you supposedly "evolved and progressed" as musicians doesn't mean your shit is any good. For instance, I remember back in the late 90's when Eddie was bitching that DLR's and Sammy's lyrics weren't deep enough and were about partying too much and how he wanted to delve deeper into more sophisticated topics. Pfff, we're talking about Van Halen here which happens to be one of the most famous "party/good time rock n' roll bands" of all time if not THE most famous band of that category. Don't go trudging into territory you don't belong in.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Yesterdays:
    Actually there are many enormous bands of that era, and a bit beyond that, who are currently working on album. Collectively, these bands could conceivably bring back metal/rock. Everyone always says that musical tastes are cyclical. So if VH, GnR (whatever), Def Leppard, the Chris DeGarmo/Soundgarden project, et al, could all release albums within the same parameter of time, the tide will turn.
    Yes.. it could be like the ending of Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime".... R E V O L U T I O N!! We can all hope can't we? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    And beyond the horizon.... a sound was heard.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

all accept vh3
    Favorite VH Song

all accept vh3
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

vh is pushing up daisys! there is slim chances for a reunion tour. R.I.P [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "CANT CROW BEFORE I'M OUTTA THE WOODS BUT THERES EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have a feeling they will be back with a kick ass album, no matter who the singer is.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I hope Van Halen comes back in some form but I'm not expecting anything any time soon.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"