Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 2,860 Times in 1,071 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default New EVH 5150 III 100S Limited Edition

If you were saving for a 5150 III you may want to consider this...a limited edition run with some useful mods, Eddie tweaks and a "stealth" aesthetic. Confirmed by EVH/Fender Engineer Howard Kaplan over on TheGearPage.net.

5150III 100S Head, Cabinet and Half Stack- Special Run

This limited edition hand-customized EVH 5150 III 100S head and 4x12 cabinet combination is identical to the setup Eddie Van Halen has recently toured with, and features the exact same custom modifications. The head and cabinet are available individually, or together as a complete half stack. The 100-watt head features a single input and three channels (clean, crunch, lead), each with versatile controls (volume, gain, presence, low, mid, high). Channel two features increased gain for greater sustain and is re-voiced for improved low-mid frequency definition; channel three also features increased gain and improved range for the “low” control. Further, each channel has a rear-panel resonance control knob that dials in fine-tuned low-end response. The amp boasts eight JJ ECC83 preamp tubes, four Wing C 6L6 power tubes, switchable output impedance (4, 8 and 16 ohms) and adjustable bias control. Other features include vintage-style “chicken head” control knobs, red jewel, dual speaker jacks, effects loop, direct out and molded plastic handle.

The cabinet features rock-solid birch construction, four Celestion® EVH G-12 speakers, EVH casters and recessed metal handles. Head and cabinet come in a special black “Stealth” aesthetic; and a seven-pin, fourbutton footswitch is included (controls each channel and the effects loop). Optional EVH fitted cover also available.
    Last edited by Jedi McFly; 09.16.13 at 06:02 AM.

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

"Exact same custom modifications ..."

Hmm. I don't have a horse in this race, as such. I have a 50w 5150 III and I love it, but wasn't one of the big deals about the 100w that it was completely identical to Ed's stage amps?

I don't really care, but that kinda leapt out at me.

FWIW, I think it looks pretty cool, especially if one happens to own a Stealth. It seems EVH is attempting to become the Johnny Cash of hard rock via his gear...
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 2,860 Times in 1,071 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Casemeister - I thought about those "custom modifications" too, but I figure they are mods that came up some time over the last 5 or so years of touring. Just refinements after extended use of the amp.

Top Of The World cpusolutions2001's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts

Wow, the EVH gear stuff never stops. I remember back in the day when his stuff was exclusive i.e. Ernie Ball or non-existant. I kind of wish he would stop the pimping of his stuff... any one else with me?

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 AM
    Liked 124 Times in 84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    Sorry chief; if you don't like 'em, don't click on this page.
    Nope.

I like having access to his stuff, even if I can't afford it right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

I still like the white amp better...

I'm not a fan of limited edition stuff, would like to see more amps from EVH..cough Head with power soak cough.....
    Earn this...

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Casemeister - I thought about those "custom modifications" too, but I figure they are mods that came up some time over the last 5 or so years of touring. Just refinements after extended use of the amp.
    thats it. essentially the ch2 that the 50w head has along with resonance control added to the 100w head

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD View Post
    Nope.

I like having access to his stuff, even if I can't afford it right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
    Not sure where what I quoted came from (clicked on the link and I've never read that thread) but this is what I was responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by cpusolutions2001 View Post
    Wow, the EVH gear stuff never stops. I remember back in the day when his stuff was exclusive i.e. Ernie Ball or non-existant. I kind of wish he would stop the pimping of his stuff... any one else with me?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Ed's amps aren't stock??? Shocking... looks like the market will be flooded with "inferior" 100w EVH heads soon because of those who have to have the "same" gear Ed uses....

His slogan is just bullshit... "It's what I use." There should be an asterisk next to that statement... Where's the Stealth with the Titanium FR and kill switch???

The guy has no integrity and blatantly lies for no good reason...

Sent from two cans and a string using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by fast98dodge; 09.16.13 at 09:23 AM.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    Ed's amps aren't stock??? Shocking... looks like the market will be flooded with "inferior" 100w EVH heads soon because of those who have to have the "same" gear Ed uses....

The stealth treatment causes it to resonate better. The 100S Limited Edition "GETS IT".
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

His slogan is just bullshit... "It's what I use."
    I think getting Eddie to decide on how an amp should sound might take quite a while, so much so that we might not even have the 5150's we have now if he hadn't been forced to settle on something in a reasonable amount of time.
    Last edited by danielleesale; 09.16.13 at 11:34 AM.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by danielleesale View Post
    I think getting Eddie to decide on how an amp should sound might take quite a while, so much so that we might not even have the 5150's we have now if he hadn't been forced to settle on something in a reasonable amount of time.
    Agreed. Did anybody complain when Peavey came out with the 5150-II? Were they like "OMG!!! EDDIE LIED TO US!!!"?

Eddie's gone from Marshalls primarily to also using Laneys to Soldanos to 5150s to 5150-IIs to 5150-IIIs then he primarily recorded ADKOT with the 5150-III 50 watter, which has a slightly different circuit than the original 100 watter, so I imagine that this has some refinements based on the 50 watter.

Also... Sad... He's got SED/Winged C 6L6GCs in there stock... SED pulled the plug on their tube production (they still make other electronics), so what's on the market is all that's left. They're not cheap, either. Their 6L6GCs were probably the best current production tubes of that type that you could find.

Eruption
    Last Online

His slogan is just bullshit... "It's what I use." There should be an asterisk next to that statement... Where's the Stealth with the Titanium FR and kill switch???

The guy has no integrity and blatantly lies for no good reason...

while i get your point, you are being a little harsh even towards him. basically the 100s has the 50w heads blue channel and the resonance controls. 2 good upgrades. and FYI, the stealth doesn't have a titanium floyd, only a titanium d-tuna. his was a proto and they didn't have black floyds yet so they put a chrome one on.

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by GilmourD View Post
    Agreed. Did anybody complain when Peavey came out with the 5150-II? Were they like "OMG!!! EDDIE LIED TO US!!!"?

Eddie's gone from Marshalls primarily to also using Laneys to Soldanos to 5150s to 5150-IIs to 5150-IIIs then he primarily recorded ADKOT with the 5150-III 50 watter, which has a slightly different circuit than the original 100 watter, so I imagine that this has some refinements based on the 50 watter.

Also... Sad... He's got SED/Winged C 6L6GCs in there stock... SED pulled the plug on their tube production (they still make other electronics), so what's on the market is all that's left. They're not cheap, either. Their 6L6GCs were probably the best current production tubes of that type that you could find.
    winged C's have been in production and have been available again for a few years now. look online. very easy to get but a little pricey.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

My point is if someone thinks they're getting the same equipment is being deceived. Before talking about other signature gear artists, Ed goes out of his way to convince people it's the same, not just putting his name on it...

Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60