Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

10.27.16 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 538 Times in 201 Posts

we know this much....

ed had preventative treatment done. i am currently working with a client who has non-hodkins lymphoma and we are working him to get his strength up for a bone marrow transplant. he says that after chemo and such, you just lose enegry all of the sudden. he says it is like walking and not knowing where the cliff is. he says you can just lose it at any time. he says recovery is different for everyone. it is possible that ed is taking a while to come out of it...whatever trteatment that he had. i don't think ed would have cut all his hair off the way we saw it in the namm video. if u ask me, it's way too coincidental that his hair was short after and he looked thin after all these rumors.

i would think that if this were the case, dave would have some couth and let ed have his healing time instead of forcing the bands hand with the statement. of course, it is entirely possible dave ain't the singer...but i for one, do not buy that idea.

legalities can only bind up things for so long. if daniels is gone like rumors said months ago...then they should be fine. he was probably with vh for a certain # of albums and that is why they re-released the old ones with roth. they probably counted as new albums therefore daniles is toast...just my 2 cents.

and dave suing the vh store is recent...when i say recent i mean this year. to me, that has all to do with $$ and greed. certainly there is probably a lot going on behind closed doors that we do not know about, but why would dave sue the store unless he was in the band or actually working with them? it makes no sense. he has had quite a bit of freakin time to sue the van halen store. what is he bored now or something? c'mon dave gimme a break. if dave is suing that thing, it has to do with it's also my guess this thing revolves around royalties and $$ is a huge issue. money runs the world, and if anyone thinks $$ hasn't been a huge issue in this u gotta tap urself on ur noggin.

i have a client whose uncle is a big time scalper and owns seats all over the country in different venues. he knows when shows get booked, who goes where, etc. and guess what?, zero. that's sign of vh anywhere.

so the way i see it, either ed is sick or dave is being greedy. either way ya look at it, not good.

at least, that's the way the vh camp makes it look to me.

if those songs were so damn astonishing...then why did andrew at melodicrock say that ed was looking to get his old kramer back to inspire him? makes no sense either.

or...maybe......ed and dave just still don't get along?? ah fuck it. this is a bunch of shit [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJ:

i would think that if this were the case, dave would have some couth and let ed have his healing time instead of forcing the bands hand with the statement. of course, it is entirely possible dave ain't the singer...but i for one, do not buy that idea.

Well Dave doesn't appear to have forced the band's hand with his statement. It's an obvious (and quite possibly correct) conclusion to think that Dave's statement was an effort to provoke VH into doing something.

Yet if you read the text, he sounds remarkably happy and optimistic considering VH has supposedly left him hanging for 10 months. And he doesn't have anything bad to say about VH either.

I'm certainly not going to claim that Dave is an angel but consider

1. He called up EVH and AVH to offer condolences when their father died even though they were feuding big time.

2. Dave is NOT stupid. He's the master of PR and self promotion. Over the last 18 months he's got back into the limelight (or at least people remember who he is) and he looks good without having to do anything. If Eddie is sick then he's going to blow that good will completely before he even gets a chance to capitalize on it.
    If he's in VH then it makes no sense to piss off the VH brothers and if he isn't in then he's just shot himself in the foot *if* Eddie is very sick right now.

Consider this scenario: Eddie had treatment last year, he's been taking it pretty easy for a year or so. Now he's been given the all clear and the reunion is back on track. However VH don't want to go public to avoid answering difficult questions. So instead Dave makes a statement admitting that some music has been written, but we're far from seeing a complete product. The message confirms what we suspected - that they have worked together but doesn't confirm or deny the reunion itself so prevents a media frenzy before the time is right. And buys some time, after all we did get some info which is what we've wanted all along. VH neither confirm or deny it either, but do say that work continues.

.....or maybe I've just read one to many Eddymon posts and have caught the optimism bug [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.08.05 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, first of all, you can rule dangling legalities with Danniels out of the mix. To quote Mike from about December '99:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yes, Ray Danniels is no longer managing us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realistically, I think after Eddie's treatment (whatever it was), the band took it easy the rest of 2000. Dave, being Dave, was probably insensitive as hell and the band collectively decided they didn't need to put up with that and, well, don't call us, we won't call you.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."