Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

5150/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Blood and Fire
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:02 PM
    Liked 791 Times in 477 Posts

Default Complete album song samples on iTunes!

Been checking and they're finally there.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME FAN/PSYCHO: 12/91
    VAN HALEN WITH DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN WITH GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 6x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (including MIKE/MONTROSE)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    CABO WABO CANTINA: 1x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Some sounds good. Some sounds average. Overall, I think it'll be a decent album. Certainly better than CUF.

That song with Taj Mahal sounds wicked badass
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

That sounds pretty damn good to me. Schonicity meter is high on the songs Neal plays on...I like father sun and all we need is an island alot, I like when Sam does that kind of stuff once in awhile. Personal Jesus sounded alot better than I thought it would. Sounds damn good compared to what I was expecting

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Solid. Not really any one song that struck me as cringeworthy; was surprised at how solid Father Sun was, too.

My only nitpick is the weird, gospel-style backup singers on a few tracks, noteably Personal Jesus. You've got Mike Anthony playing bass on that track, why not use his vox, too?

But anyway - really happy with all I heard, can't wait to blare it in my car.
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:28 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up!

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

eh
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

listened to them again last night and I still thought they were all pretty good sounding.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART View Post
    eh
    Never has one non-word summed up my feelings as exactly as this post. Eh is right.

Now, I'm going to add some more words.

(Disclaimer - I'm a huge Sammy fan and supporter)

Man, from the samples I heard...this album sucks to high heaven. Remakes, and not good ones, sound horrible. If you're going to remake Margaritaville, why not Sammy it up...make it a hard rock version. Nothing, not even the live Space Station #5 got me going.

Compare this to any Sammy solo release and it doesn't hold up. Shit, Cosmic Universal Fashion was horrific too, but at least it had acoustic Dreams and I didn't mind the title song.

I appreciate that he puts out new music, I really do. But, (Personal) Jesus, put some effort into it. Yikes, this is a turd. ...um, all of it.

I'm going back to Not 4 Sale...that was an album (save for Whole Lotta Zep, WTF?) filled with some really good songs...as were 10-13, Red Voodoo, and Marching to Mars...

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm going to...at least Livin' It Up worked as a concept album...perfect for cruising in a boat or laying on a beach...this giant nonsense Sammy and Friends is all over the board, and just really lazy.

CFIV, please. Next.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth View Post
    Never has one non-word summed up my feelings as exactly as this post. Eh is right.

Now, I'm going to add some more words.

(Disclaimer - I'm a huge Sammy fan and supporter)

Man, from the samples I heard...this album sucks to high heaven. Remakes, and not good ones, sound horrible. If you're going to remake Margaritaville, why not Sammy it up...make it a hard rock version. Nothing, not even the live Space Station #5 got me going.

Compare this to any Sammy solo release and it doesn't hold up. Shit, Cosmic Universal Fashion was horrific too, but at least it had acoustic Dreams and I didn't mind the title song.

I appreciate that he puts out new music, I really do. But, (Personal) Jesus, put some effort into it. Yikes, this is a turd. ...um, all of it.

I'm going back to Not 4 Sale...that was an album (save for Whole Lotta Zep, WTF?) filled with some really good songs...as were 10-13, Red Voodoo, and Marching to Mars...

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm going to...at least Livin' It Up worked as a concept album...perfect for cruising in a boat or laying on a beach...this giant nonsense Sammy and Friends is all over the board, and just really lazy.

CFIV, please. Next.
    well put. IM a sam fan too. that's why I was like ....eh. blah.

not 4 sale was a good album. I mean u have chad, mike, and neal schon..and u do a Depeche mode song?? whoa. CFIV....YES. soon..PLEASE.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Jesus. Talk about making way too much out of virtually nothing.

First off, "If you do Margaritaville, why not Sammy it up?" You do realize that him covering Margaritaville almost verbatim is as "Sammy" as it gets since 2005, right? This isn't anything new. Sam's thing is the beach bum mentality.

Second, these are short clips, and a lot of them are decent. The Personal Jesus cover sounds kind of awesome, All We Need Is An Island sounds solid, and that Taj Mahal song sounds wicked.

If we're going to judge an album solely by 30 second clips and a number of remakes, then we've really become a shallow bunch.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Jesus. Talk about making way too much out of virtually nothing.

First off, "If you do Margaritaville, why not Sammy it up?" You do realize that him covering Margaritaville almost verbatim is as "Sammy" as it gets since 2005, right? This isn't anything new. Sam's thing is the beach bum mentality.

Second, these are short clips, and a lot of them are decent. The Personal Jesus cover sounds kind of awesome, All We Need Is An Island sounds solid, and that Taj Mahal song sounds wicked.

If we're going to judge an album solely by 30 second clips and a number of remakes, then we've really become a shallow bunch.
    eh..

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

The one I'm listening to.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:17 AM
    Liked 1,965 Times in 445 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Well, that sounds fairly reasonable. We probably shouldn't be too critical just yet.

Then again, when I listened to the iTunes samples of that last Soundgarden album, I was absolutely thrilled and stoked.

And when I listened to the iTunes samples of A Different Kind of Truth, my head exploded and I promptly died and went to heaven. (I don't even know how I somehow came back to this earth.) It was the most mind blowing musical tease that I'll never forget.

I'm happy for the people who are excited about this CD. Sounds like it will be a typical Sammy post-VH, non-CF album, for better and for worse. I'm sure I'll enjoy some of the songs.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Everybody was so hungry for new VH that the 30 second previews could have been Dave, Ed and Al farting and people still would have had their wallets out ready to buy the album.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post
    Well, that sounds fairly reasonable. We probably shouldn't be too critical just yet.

Then again, when I listened to the iTunes samples of that last Soundgarden album, I was absolutely thrilled and stoked.

And when I listened to the iTunes samples of A Different Kind of Truth, my head exploded and I promptly died and went to heaven. (I don't even know how I somehow came back to this earth.) It was the most mind blowing musical tease that I'll never forget.

I'm happy for the people who are excited about this CD. Sounds like it will be a typical Sammy post-VH, non-CF album, for better and for worse. I'm sure I'll enjoy some of the songs.
    Well, I've been listening to Sammy songs (all of them) for a long time, and by the thirty second clips, I know exactly where each song is headed. I get the beach bum vibe, but a remake of Margaritaville is just plain lazy lazy lazy. The Taj Mahal thing sounds okay. Blech. I was excited about the album when he first starting talking about it. A song that sounds like Montrose, a song that sounds like Van Halen, a song that sounds like early Sammy solo, a song that sounds like Wabos, and maybe even a bonus Chikenfoot song...this turned into a much much worse Sammy Diver Down.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post

Oh, I'm with you too, Jeff...when I heard ADKOT clips I knew it was going to be flippin' awesome. I couldn't believe my ears. I did not get that reaction with Sammy's new one. Maybe I will go listen to them again, and try to figure out why anybody, ANYBODY is enthusiastic about this pile of garbage.