On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm surprised no one has posted this here yet. Take it for what it's worth...

Check out this exchange of email from the DLR Mailing List today.

Jeff Davis: Once again, Mtv (online website news) is now posting a statement about Sammy saying that Dave only completed 4 songs, was kicked out of the band, and there will most likely be a Van Halen box set featuring Dave era by the end of the year.

TK: There is ABSOLUTELY no truth to this statment. Haggar is once again utilizing Diamond Dave to sell an album. End of story.

Jeff Davis: It also talks about your telling us that there will be new video and audio so new it ain't finished yet.

TK: This is true.

Jeff Davis: When is Dave going to address all these rumors flying around? And I don't mean when is he going to fuck with our minds. I mean when is he going to make an official
    statement?

TK: Firstly, Dave doesn't address rumors, nor does he have to. These rumors have been circulating for almost a year and none hold any water. Unfortunately, it helps website traffic, magazine sales, etc. to continually hold this out.

We haven't any idea what you mean by "fuck with our minds" as all that has gone on in the past 10 months:

- - Dave completed a tour.
    - - Dave's new site relaunched.
    - - Dave released "Seriously Affected."
    - - Dave became the cover boy for the October issue of SPIN.
    - - Dave appears in a Gateway Commercial.

There is more coming, some Dave party lifestyle (Miss Slawterhouse), some new music, new video, etc. so sit back, relax and we'll make sure you know you have arrived.

Jeff Davis: Thanks for replying TK. And for all who said something about "fucking with our minds" I think it was taken out of context. I am just as frustrated as everyone and am sick of the conflicting rumors. I just want to know if what I am waiting for is all I hope it to be.

Joeybabe: Can we expect any new news before or after the 10th ?

TK: Yes

Grant Fisher: That narrows it down.... You forgot the most important ones:
    * Dave had some sand delivered to his house.
    * Dave sang the "Ashley Abernathy" song for charity
    * Dave rejoined Van Halen

TK: Two out of three ain't bad.

Grant Fisher: TK, please tell us why the rumour about Dave being back in Van Halen doesn't hold any water.

TK: It either holds water or it doesn't.
    Not much more to add.

DiamondDFV: Yeah--what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

TK: If English is a first langauge for you, then you don't have to ask.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Who is this "Sammy Haggar" and what does he have to do with Van Halen?

I guess I should call Sammy Hagar and see if he's aware of anyone impersonating him lately

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, that post made no sense at all. What the hell is TK saying?

------------------
    "The first sign of a nervous breakdown is when you begin to think that your job is really important." David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

basically, TK ain't sayin' squat.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yay--wow....how exciting..TK is essentially denying that Dave is in VH.

Let's look at some logic problems...(all hypothetical, of course)

1)Dave was NEVER back in Van Halen. If such is the case, why would the usually OUTGOING Roth suddenly get quiet? For the first time in a LONG time, he is NOT talking about past/future Van Halen situations. If there are rumors about a reunion with VH, but they aren't true, it would HURT Roth's career whenever he moves on to his next project. Ergo, if Dave was NEVER back in VH, he'd have said something to protect his own self-interests (self-interest being the key to capitalism, and Dave being very much a Capitalist). Hence, Dave was certainly in.

2) Dave WAS in, then out again. OK, this one's difficult. If he was in, and it was to remain a secret to allow for a VH AMBUSH, and then he was out, it is in EVERYONE'S best interests (Dave, VH, WB, etc), to not let a WORD out about a failed reunion. However, if Dave is not in, yet so many people are PRAYING for the reunion ALL OVER THE INTERNET and other places, VH would be shooting themselves in the foot (again) by allowing the rumor to circulate. (I don't care if they got a rock Pavarotti-abled singer, it could never commercially compete with a Roth-fronted VH). So, if Dave was in and out, the smartest thing for Van Halen to do is say they are working on a new CD and NO THE SINGER IS NOT ROTH!! They know as well as anyone that letting people THINK Roth is in, and surprising the masses with a 4th singer, would be a slap in the face to fans, the media, and themselves. And Warner Brothers isn't going to stand for another debacle. Thus, situation #2 (that's THIS one, for those who lost track while I rambled) is unlikely.

3)There is NO singer, and never was. Well, that would mean all instrumentals or all guest singers, and we've heard NO rumors about other singers (rap rumor notwithstanding-they aren't singers) going to 5150. But Mike said (and I'm assuming, perhaps erroneously, that the interview with him was real) they have a singer, and it's a name we'll know. That rules out an instrumental, AND it rules out numerous singers, as he said IT is A name, singular, not plural. Situation 3 down the drain.

4)Van Halen has called it quits. OK, why redo your website (yeah, I know it was no great change), why is there mention of a new CD in Guitar World magazine, why did Mike's interview mention a 2001 world tour? Retired companies don't continue working, so why would a band? This one's easy---if VH calls it quits, they'll tell us right away...and Dave would be out looking for his next band, movie, book deal, whatever, 'cause NOTHING keeps him down.

5) Sammy is back. Yes, Mr. Hagar will stop in the studio between tour dates, and will be on 2 tours at once. (now wait a minute, that almost sounds plausible....NOT!!!)PLUS, Roseanne would be actively seeking a new band. NEXT!!

6)Eddie is in poor health. Sadly, this IS possible. Now, let me be a selfish little bastard now, and say the following: Edward is aware of his importance to the music and guitar communities, and he would most certainly make sure he went out with a bang to secure his legacy forever. In that case, we can all count on one scarifying piece of Eddie giving 110% for one last hurrah, so we, as fans, would be in for a musical treat like never before. Obviously, I wish him well and hope this isn't the case, but he wouldn't leave this life with VH3 as his final word. Possible, sad, but we'd be certain to get something from him before the end. OK, enough depressing talk, let's move on.

7) Dave is back and the new CD is on its way. For a Dave/VH reunion to be fully effective as a swift kick in the music world's posterior, it will have to be a sudden, surprising, and overwhelming shock to the millions of unaware fans worldwide. In order to do this, VH, Dave, WB, and everyone else would be doing their DAMNEDEST to keep it quiet until 'D-Day'. Perhaps some added exposure to the original works (ie remasters), some media exposure (Dave on Spin, Gateway commercials, etc), and NO OFFICIAL WORD would help make the EVENT everything it should be. HMMM, all of these things are going on now! Everything, or should I say, the LACK of so many things (Dave talking/working on a solo release/whatever) points directly to this. After all, what good is a surprise party if EVERYONE knows it's gonna happen? Here's the best part: The FANS are the ones having the party thrown for them, so of course we must be kept in the dark until THE MOMENT. This situation seems to be the most logical in light of ALL the evidence we have. For those who read TK's words, suggesting Dave is NOT in the band, well, this is TRUE: there has been no official word saying he was in. Therefore, TK haven't lied...they're just using semantics and technicalities. In math/logic terms: If A-->B, and B-->C, then A-->C. In English, ALL evidence leads to situation 7 being the true one.

Overall, unless we're dealing with the WORST businessmen in the history of the free world, Dave MUST be in, or else we'd know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he wasn't. And until someone PROVES that Dave is NOT in, all the clues say he is.

I rest my case.

Maybe I should have studied law...Matlock would be proud.

OK, I'm done now....sorry for writing so much, but I was trying to cover all bases. Anyone with other postulates, please, bring them up, and we'll put deductive AND inductive reasoning to work. And we'll see what (if anything) else we can come up with.

[This message has been edited by AbeVanHalen (edited October 05, 2000 at 10:15 PM).]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

This TK person is a yo-yo. Either he knows the truth and is being a dick about it or he doesn't know squat and is still being a dick about it. People just LOVE to get others all fired up.

------------------
    May the Phoenix that is Van Halen rise again!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Abe,

I'm just going to say... Yeah

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Ernest T Roth
    Another scenario has been on my mind lately. This is just conjecture, but let's say Dave WAS in and split for whatever reason. He knows he is probably getting more attention than he has in years. So he keeps quiet for a few months,gets some music together, records it and does a new video. Then out of the blue, Dave says "I was in VH for awhile but they kicked me out. Here's the whole story. Oh, and by the way, here's my new cd." I still think he's in, but this scenario IS possible.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

abe, you are a genius!
    kudos!!!
    bravo!!
    excellent post!!!

------------------
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge
    "See, all I do is make music..." - EVH
    "Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Abe, yeah I actually read through your argument. It's basically the one I keep going through....no really TK obviously can't come out and say Roth is in VH so either they are trying to keep the faith alive with enough vagueness that they don't spill the beans or they don't know anything either. I think the latter is quite unlikely despite popular support.Whatever VH is or isn't doing, you know that they are having the internet watched by Starks if no one else. I'm sure they would have been shut down as Dave's official website by now if they were totally out of the loop.

As for Dave. Again popular opinion says that he will go to the press if he is kicked out of VH (or never rejoined in the first place). I'm not sure I totally buy this argument. Yeah Dave likes talking and being in the limelight WHEN he has something to promote. But otherwise he tends to disappear of on exotic trips etc, he likes his privacy. If the reunion fell through he's not necessarily gonna run to the press immediately like in '96 because VH haven't actively suggested to US the public that he is back - the situation is completely different. Maybe he would wait until he had something in the pipeline to promote before playing that card - his profile is already higher than in recent years as it is.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.27.09 @ 02:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good one. I think everybody should read Abe's post. Sums just about everything up to me!

------------------
    Leading the Slawterhouse Security on Holiday...

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kudos to Abe for his post...

[This message has been edited by Steely (edited October 06, 2000 at 06:53 AM).]

diamonds4ever
    I thinks Dave's quote from '96 sums up the situation best. If they get back together the "First thing we do is make goddamn sure everyone knows we ain't talking." And that's exactly what is going on here.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Abe,

What can I say but...to put it in "lawyer-esque" terms...

"If you are not right (don't win this case), I'm not paying you a f***in' dime!"

Incredible deductions, Watson! Brilliant!

------------------
    "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

-David Banner, shortly before his untimely demise, at least as far as the outside world knew.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"6)Eddie is in poor health. Sadly, this IS possible. Now, let me be a selfish little bastard now, and say the following: Edward is aware of his importance to the music and guitar communities, and he would most certainly make sure he went out with a bang to secure his legacy forever. In that case, we can all count on one scarifying piece of Eddie giving 110% for one last hurrah, so we, as fans, would be in for a musical treat like never before. Obviously, I wish him well and hope this isn't the case, but he wouldn't leave this life with VH3 as his final word. Possible, sad, but we'd be certain to get something from him before the end. OK, enough depressing talk, let's move on."

Eddie is FINE per Val's TV guide interview.
    As far as Ed going out leaving VH3 as his final word, Most people don't get it, EDDIE LOVED the album and he is not and should not be embarrassed if 3 was his last effort. It is a great musical album with a singer that did not fit in but VanHalen the band was VERY HAPPY with VH3.

Now, This little rant doesn't mean much in the face of facts and it is ... or at least was a fact that Dave was back with VanHalen.

In my mind the only questions are.
    * Is Dave STILL back?
    * If so when will we hear some music?

As far as TK goes, I'm not convinced that he knows anything.