Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Default Joe Bereta from SourceFed is FEELIN' GOOD!

Shout out to our Canadian buds! Woot, woot!

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Ah, well. I tried.

I remember years ago, Non-Music was a fun diversion in the day. The stories were quirky and funny. When a major event would happen, of course, we'd have a thread about it.

Today it's a depressing morgue of race-baiting, antisemitism, gay bashing, murder, shootings and violence. Worse, it seems controlled by the same handful of people starting depressing thread after depressing thread, but all with the same themes (we need six threads of people screaming about gun-control?)

I'm as anti-censorship as they come, so I won't recommend anything like limiting the number of threads a person can start, but I will put this out there: If you find yourself scouring the web for yet another story of a black kid beating his school principal, or about a gay group "ruining" a laundromat, or about poor people destroying America, just so you can copy it and paste it back here, you might ask whether the story will lend itself to a healthy discussion, or whether it's you trying to prove a point. If it's the latter, maybe consider taking a day off.

If you need me, I'll be in the beautiful girls thread.

Oh! Here's more on Orville Rogers, for those interested. He has five rules for running forever, but I'll bet if you think about them you could apply them to any part of your life:

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-...by?page=single

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

I know what you mean

I actively tried to come up with some interesting thread topics and I came up with

"50000 feral dogs run abandoned in Detroit"
    "11 signs you might be dating a sociopath"
    "fishermen overcome by rotting fish gas in Maine"
    "RIP Elmore Leonard"
    a piece about "Bronies" convention ... which is whacky dudes who get aroused by My Little Pony
    and a super spooky eyeless Cat Puppet singing Journey

I went with the feral dogs story

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:07 AM
    Liked 6,813 Times in 3,562 Posts

Premium Member

Seriously... what the fuck is up with sink holes! made me laugh and feel good this morning around 10:32 AM Ohio time. Sorry if I just keep it to my self.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I know what you mean

I actively tried to come up with some interesting thread topics and I came up with

"50000 feral dogs run abandoned in Detroit"
    "11 signs you might be dating a sociopath"
    "fishermen overcome by rotting fish gas in Maine"
    "RIP Elmore Leonard"
    a piece about "Bronies" convention ... which is whacky dudes who get aroused by My Little Pony
    and a super spooky eyeless Cat Puppet singing Journey

I went with the feral dogs story

Daisy, what are the odds of creating an arts and entertainment forum? Non-Music used to fit the bill, but now it's just completely overrun with hard news items.

+I usually only need 4 signs to recognize a sociopath.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

As an avid runner/ half marathoner, I am quite familiar with Mr Rodgers, and he certainly is an inspiration to myself and a lot of runners I know. And I second the idea of creating a arts and entertainment forum. Non can be smothering sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

IMO, I don't think anything will change here...especially the modding of it all. It's a 'free for all' for now. The mods are just different colored nick-names and are just as disgusted as the usual linker. It's not anyones fault though. Voivod and bklnboy can post non-stop until they are blue in the face (I think voivod is actually a smurf by now). Y'all respond and it keeps going and going etc... See how it works now?
    Just go for it!

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post
    IMO, I don't think anything will change here...especially the modding of it all. It's a 'free for all' for now. The mods are just different colored nick-names and are just as disgusted as the usual linker. It's not anyones fault though. Voivod and bklnboy can post non-stop until they are blue in the face (I think voivod is actually a smurf by now). Y'all respond and it keeps going and going etc... See how it works now?
    This sounds like you're saying the inmates are running the asylum.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    This sounds like you're saying the inmates are running the asylum.
    That's my guess.
    Just go for it!

Last Online

Premium Member

I hate to stick my thumb in the fan blades, but... is the mod list even accurate anymore in some forums?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I'm against censorship as well. I'm not saying anyone should stop posting anything. That's why I think a separate forum like 47 suggested, is a good idea.

Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW View Post

It's far from a free for all. I am the only active designated mod here in non and I do read every thread.....you have the option of clicking off, or using ignore, but I try to read every word that is written here. Try that on for size. Not that I'm complaining, I knew what I signed up for, but you have no idea how hard it is to balance the right to free speech with the desire to keep this place from becoming a crap hole. I don't want to just go deleting posts that "I" think are offensive opinions...cause that's just my opinion (although I did one the other day)

there are some people around here who are so hard nosed about their beliefs that they just don't want to listen to any side of any argument or appreciate that there may be another valid opinion. Everything is a FACT with them and I don't know why they even post...it's not a conversation with them, it's an opportunity to lecture....and frankly I finished college, I don't need a lecture..so I get it why some around here are frustrated

There are some around here that would start an argument about anything and I mean anything But I'm finding that in most of the forums I belong to not just here.

part of the problem is that we are not getting a lot of threads posted except on political hot button topics ....I swear to God it's like hanging out at the VFW with my grumpy Uncle

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Daisy, what are the odds of creating an arts and entertainment forum? Non-Music used to fit the bill, but now it's just completely overrun with hard news items.

+I usually only need 4 signs to recognize a sociopath.
    I'd rather have a separate forum for politics ( and crime) and leave non as a forum for everything else

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

I hate to stick my thumb in the fan blades, but... is the mod list even accurate anymore in some forums?
    Some mods are very busy people. They can't be here 24/7. I respect every mod past and present. It's not up to them to make changes to forum categories etc. Brett obviously wants to give the most recent and accurate VH news and have a decent time on his own site. Whatever he decides what changes need to be made to this great website, goes. Period. It's his site.

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    I'm against censorship as well. I'm not saying anyone should stop posting anything. That's why I think a separate forum like 47 suggested, is a good idea.

I don't think censorship is what is going on...maybe a bit more moderating would help...but then certain ones bitch about censorship. The circle...I tell ya!! LOL. It's true.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    It's far from a free for all. I am the only active designated mod here in non and I do read every thread.....you have the option of clicking off, or using ignore, but I try to read every word that is written here. Try that on for size. Not that I'm complaining, I knew what I signed up for, but you have no idea how hard it is to balance the right to free speech with the desire to keep this place from becoming a crap hole. I don't want to just go deleting posts that "I" think are offensive opinions...cause that's just my opinion (although I did one the other day)

there are some people around here who are so hard nosed about their beliefs that they just don't want to listen to any side of any argument or appreciate that there may be another valid opinion. Everything is a FACT with them and I don't know why they even post...it's not a conversation with them, it's an opportunity to lecture....and frankly I finished college, I don't need a lecture..so I get it why some around here are frustrated

There are some around here that would start an argument about anything and I mean anything But I'm finding that in most of the forums I belong to not just here.

part of the problem is that we are not getting a lot of threads posted except on political hot button topics ....I swear to God it's like hanging out at the VFW with my grumpy Uncle
    I have every reason and right to know exactly what you're "moderating". Seenbad and I used to Mod this forum a while back. How much hate mail have you got lately? I still get some from some folks...I do agree that some folks think that their opinion is FACT and nothing else matters...but you shouldn't think that some people on here have no clue how your moderating job is.
    Just go for it!