Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:03 PM
    Liked 11,765 Times in 6,518 Posts

Premium Member

Default Supermodel Bar Refaeli Calls Out Former Pink Floyd Frontman Over Israel Boycott

Didn't know where to put this.

Israeli model Bar Refaeli told former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters to take her image out of his concerts.

Waters is a major proponent of the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions movement against Israel, and has penned a letter to fellow musicians asking them to boycott the country as well.

But Waters apparently uses an image of the Israeli model during his shows, which Refaeli called him out on Wednesday.

“Roger Waters, you better take my picture off of the video art at your shows. If you’re boycotting – go all the way,” Refaeli tweeted in Hebrew, according to a translation in Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

According to Haaretz, Refaeli previously said she was “honored” to spot her photo during a Waters concert in 2011.

Waters was criticized last month after he raised an inflatable pig featuring the Star of David alongside symbols of fascism and repressive regimes.

“Waters deployed a classic disgusting medieval anti-Semitic caricature widely used by both Nazi and Soviet propaganda to incite hatred against Jews,” the Simon Weisenthal Center said at the time.

Waters made his latest call for an Israeli boycott in a letter addressed to his “colleagues in rock and roll” posted on his Facebook page Aug. 18.

“Please join me and all our brothers and sisters in global civil society in proclaiming our rejection of apartheid in Israel and occupied Palestine, by pledging not to perform or exhibit in Israel or accept any award or funding from any institution linked to the government of Israel, until such time as Israel complies with international law and universal principles of human rights,” Waters wrote.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...srael-boycott/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,145 Times in 8,966 Posts

It boggles my mind that we can't let the most persecuted group of people in human history have 8,019 square miles to call their own.

I mean there is only 57.3 million square miles of land in the world, why should we let them have 0.0001399 of it.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:15 PM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

Glad I'm not a Pink Floyd fan...at all.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

For some reason it has become ok to be an anti-Semite. It never went away, but you used to not be able to be blatant about it.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

I had no clue Roger was about this. Total dick and lets remember that Pink Floyd is: David Glimour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason. Roger Waters has not been a member since 1985 and is known by all to be a total dickhead.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:59 PM
    Liked 4,805 Times in 2,453 Posts

Premium Member

I was really hoping to see some pictures of Bar in this thread.

Anyway I hate anti-Semites about as much as I hate hipsters.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

All in all its just another break in the Wailing Wall. Now we know what all those years of dropping acid did to him.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts

Premium Member

Waters' position is extreme, in my view. But let's be clear. He is not anti-semitic. He is protesting the policies of the Israeli government, which, let's face it, can be somewhat draconian and sometimes less than fair even in living up to its own "settlement" commitments.

You can protest the policies of another government without being a racist.

TK

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

If Israel was fair in their policies, there wouldn't be an Israel anymore. It is easy for us here in America, where we really have no enemies in our neighborhood.

I have no problem with Israel taking a hardline policy, they are surrounded by countries that want their destruction.

And maybe he isn't anti-Semitic, but you don't combine the Star of David and Nazi or Soviet themes if you have half a brain in your head. That would be akin to showing a picture of Martin Luther King, Jr. and then a KKK guy with a noose.

I know it is part of a bigger theme in his show, but in my opinion it is still stupid.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    If Israel was fair in their policies, there wouldn't be an Israel anymore. It is easy for us here in America, where we really have no enemies in our neighborhood.

I have no problem with Israel taking a hardline policy, they are surrounded by countries that want their destruction.

And maybe he isn't anti-Semitic, but you don't combine the Star of David and Nazi or Soviet themes if you have half a brain in your head. That would be akin to showing a picture of Martin Luther King, Jr. and then a KKK guy with a noose.

I know it is part of a bigger theme in his show, but in my opinion it is still stupid.
    I think his histrionics are unecessry and probably don't "raise the level of the debate," if you follow me.

But I would differentiate between a "hardline" policy and "not living up to your commitments."

Israel has the right to defend itself and its citizens. It also has an obligation to live up to its commitments, just as any nation does. It also widely accepted that Israel basically discriminates against its Arab citizens.

So, Israel does some things worthy of criticism and probably aggravates its own problems, to an extent. I do agree, however, that the pig/nazi metaphor is rather ridiculous and overblown. Then again, it IS Roger Waters we are talking about. Subtle he is not.

TK

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

He definitely crossed a line there. Donno what's happened to him.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    It also widely accepted that Israel basically discriminates against its Arab citizens.

TK
    Widely accepted? Maybe by those who feel that Israel shouldn't exist.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:15 PM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    It also widely accepted that Israel basically discriminates against its Arab citizens.

TK
    Bullshit. What propaganda are you reading for that lie?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Here's a fresh reminder of what Israel faces constantly.

Four rockets fired from Lebanon toward Israel; Iron Dome shot down one of them

First Publish: 8/22/2013, 4:55 PM

"We are operating on all fronts, in the north and south, in order to protect the citizens of Israel from these attacks,” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Thursday in the aftermath of a Katyusha rocket salvo fired at northwestern Israel.

"We are using a variety of measures – of both defense and porevention – and we are operating in a responsible manner. Our policy is clear: to protect and also to prevent.

"Anyone who hurts us, and anyone who tries to hurt us, must know that we will hit him.”

Four rockets were fired from Lebanon Thursday afternoon, with at least one confirmed as having struck in the area of Nahariya.

Several residents have been treated for shock.

IDF Radio reported that bomb shelters in the northern city of Akko (Acre) have been opened for public use, and the IDF is urging residents of the north to remain close to shelters.

The IDF has denied earlier reports from Arabic media that it responded to the rockets with artillery fire.

Lebanese media has been reporting that at least 2 of the rockets were fired from the Ras al-Ain neighborhood of the city of Tyre.

The IDF spokesperson's unit has said it believes the rockets were fired by "global jihad" terrorists - another term for Al Qaeda-linked or inspired Sunni terroristsת as opposed to the Shia Hezbollah terrorist group.

One rocket was intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system, between Akko and Nahariya, the IDF said. Three others struck in "open areas."

Earlier this month, four IDF soldiers suffered light to moderate injuries on the Israel-Lebanon border, when a bomb was set off as they passed.

That attack was later claimed by Hezbollah.

This would not be the first time Sunni Islamist groups affiliated with the "global jihad" or Al Qaeda ideology have fired rockets from Lebanon into Israel.

Arieh Herzog, a former director of the Israeli defense ministry's Missile Defense Administration, warned "this kind of attack could provide (provoke) very serious action from our side."

He stressed, however, that missile defence capabilities were "much better" than they had been during Israel's 2006 war in Lebanon against Iranian proxy Hezbollah.

"We don't have enough (Iron Dome) batteries... to cover each and every city in Israel," he told reporters.

"But there's been a big change since the second Lebanon war. At that time, many rockets fell on the northern part of Israel. Our defences are much better today than in the past."

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/171188

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Bullshit. What propaganda are you reading for that lie?
    I'm sorry, but it's just true. Look, I'm much more sympathetic to Israel than so-called Palestine, which we all know is prone to the throes of extremism. But it ain't no secret that that Israel can be pretty heavy-handed in its policies toward Palestinian citizens.

From unemployment to employment discrimination to "separate but equal" schooling, to recent polls in which 68% of Jews said they would not even live in the same building as an Arab, it's pretty obvious Israel can tend to treat its Arabs like America treated its blacks.

Google it. Check The Economist. Go to Human Rights Watch's website. This is not a radical statement I'm making, and I'm certainly not floating out a jew/nazi pig. Israel is a democracy and, frankly and ironically, probably the best place in the region for a Palestinian to live. But like our own democracy, it sometimes falls short of its principles.

TK