Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:55 AM
    Liked 11,788 Times in 6,534 Posts

Premium Member

Default Former OZZY OSBOURNE Bassist BOB DAISLEY: Hour-Long Video Interview Posted Online

An hour-long interview former OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Bob Daisley in support of his newly pubpished memoir, "For Facts Sake", can be seen below.

Daisley is selling signed copies of "For Facts Sake", via his official web site. http://bobdaisley.com/for-facts-sake/order-now/signed

Says Bob: "At last, my autobiography 'For Facts Sake' is ready to roll. It covers my whole life and my fifty-year career in music, and features everyone that I've ever worked with — CHICKEN SHACK, MUNGO JERRY, WIDOWMAKER, RAINBOW, THE BLIZZARD OF OZZ, URIAH HEEP, Ozzy (and Sharon) Osbourne, Gary Moore, BLACK SABBATH, the notorious Don Arden, and too many others to mention here. The stories reveal some interesting and, until now, unknown facts about many of these artists and characters, and with more than 460 photos throughout the text, it provides a pictorial view of my journey."

In a 2012 interview with Rock Cellar Magazine, Daisley revealed that the 30th-anniversary remastered reissues of Osbourne's classic early albums, 1980's "Blizzard Of Ozz" and 1981's "Diary Of A Madman", which came with a box set of previously unreleased live recordings, a coffee table book and other goodies, could have packed much more material than what actually made the release.

"There'd been talk about it during 2010, and it was then that I offered to supply tapes of our rehearsals and writing sessions, to go as proper bonus material," Daisley said. "And I just said that I wanted a royalty out of it, because it's my stuff. But they wouldn't do it because they didn't want to give me a royalty — they just wanted to buy it.

"So no agreement was made, and as a result the bonus material in the box set is minimal, which is unfortunate because I know the fans want to hear the stuff that I've got — recordings of the writing sessions, rehearsals and the songs taking shape. But the Osbournes wouldn't come to the table, y'know. I didn't even ask for an equal royalty, it was just a small royalty I wanted because it's my stuff…"

Daisley added that he had "literally hours and hours of tapes I've got from us writing those albums and rehearsing it" that could have been included in the package. "You can hear the songs changing, the different parts taking shape, and all this stuff would have been perfect bonus material for the box set," he said. "Sadly, the Osbournes are just too greedy and self-absorbed."

Bob Daisley said in a 2010 interview with his web site that he had not been contacted about the 30th-anniversary editions of "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman". The tracks played by Daisley and drummer Lee Kerslake on both albums were replaced on a previous reissue after Daisley and Kerslake sued Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne over royalties.

Daisley told the web site, "Neither Lee nor I have been contacted, considered or consulted in the decision to re-release the original recordings. As for royalties, we have not been approached for a reconciliation and have been offered and promised nothing."

Ozzy told The Pulse of Radio he was against the idea of replacing the original tracks when he found out about it. "Believe me, it wasn't my doing," he said. "I mean, I didn't know that was being done, 'cause Sharon was fighting all the legal things that were going down at the time. I said, 'What did you do that for?' And she said, 'The only way I could stop everything was if it went to that level.' And I said, 'You know what, whatever the circumstances were, I want the original thing back.' I mean, I wouldn't have done that."

The replacement tracks were played by current METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo and FAITH NO MORE drummer Mike Bordin.

Daisley says that he and Kerslake were fired because of disagreements with Sharon over a number of things, including refusing to do two shows in one day out of worry that Ozzy would blow out his voice.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/for...8uKsZi0qf37.99
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I'd be very interested in reading this. Bob has played with some heavy hitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Having the scabs re-record the bass and drums on those records was just the lowest of the low. It's like scraping paint off of a classic painting and repainting it with colors that are "close".

The new bass and drums sounded like shit.

I'm glad they reversed course and restored the original recordings. To fuck with the integrity of those songs was a travesty, and an affront to all who took part in writing and recording them.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Sharon has done a lot of good by way of sticking by Ozzy and constantly trying to keep him alive....

Apart from that she's a AAA Prime Cut BITCH.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I went to the opening concert of the Sabbath tour this year and Ozzy sucked so bad I walked out. I saw Randy and Jake twice.
    PISS on OZZY....and Sharon
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

I think that'll be a great read. Bob Daisley was awesome

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

It's funny how in a band situation with Ozzy (i.e. without outside writers) the bassists were the lyricists... and damn good ones, too...