Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts

Premium Member

Default 'Butler' Director Launches Racial Attack Against 'White Folks'

Gee, I wanted to see this too.

Lee Daniels, director of "Lee Daniels' The Butler," can't seem to keep his charges of racism straight. I always thought that a sure sign of racism was how much rural whites love to see black people "perform." But now Daniels is claiming that he had to stock his latest film with white actors out of the fear that, unless he did, rural whites would not want to see a film starring only black people:

The new movie “The Butler” has a unique political feature: Portrayals of five U.S. presidents. (Robin Williams plays Dwight Eisenhower, James Marsden portrays John F. Kennedy, John Cusack plays Richard Nixon, Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson and Alan Rickman plays Ronald Reagan).

Director Lee Daniels says that many big stars was, in part, a way to balance the film’s lineup of actors.

"I want people from Oklahoma, I wanted people from Nebraska, I wanted people from Idaho who wouldn’t be so excited about going to see an African-American film with these African-American actors, people that understood some of these other folks, white folks that were celebrities.” The film’s primary actors are Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Terrence Howard and David Oyelowo.

This, of course, is nothing more than Daniels hurling an ignorant and bigoted smear against rural whites (a club of which I am a proud to be a member). It is also anti-science. No white actors have ever been necessary to turn Will Smith, Halle Berry, or Denzel Washington films into mega-hits. And Oprah Winfrey, one of the stars of the "The Butler," isn't a billionaire today because large swaths of white America would have nothing to do with her.

But of course when you mention that four of the biggest, most popular, and bankable stars in the country are black as proof of how far America has come racially, you are reminded by leftists like Lee Daniels that white bigots have always enjoyed watching black people "perform."

Until now, that is. Now we are bigots because of the opposite… or something.

What Lee Daniels sounds like to me -- other than someone with bigoted misconceptions about people based solely on their skin color -- is a director already making excuses for a box-office flop.

And what better way for producer Harvey Weinstein to squeeze even more free Oscar publicity out of his Oscar bait than with a baseless and bigoted attack against those awful rural whites who did not make "The Butler" a success.

It is interesting, also, how perfectly Daniels' bigoted smear of rural whites dovetails with Oprah's racially-charged (and hotly disputed claim) she was a victim of racism in Switzerland.

There is no question that all this divisive, bigoted, and racially-charged rhetoric will help to ingratiate "The Butler" to the hard-leftists who make up the core of Hollywood's Oscar voters. But there is also no question that the mainstream media will let Daniels get away with smearing large parts of America based only on their skin color.

As an example, look at Daniels' quote above. He spewed that anti-science bigotry to Politico's Patrick Gavin, and Gavin never so much as blinked.

http://www.politico.com/multimedia/v...vin-unreliable

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...st-white-folks
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Fuck Oprah and her totally fabricated racial incident in a neutral country to drum up press for her new movie. Black Whore Bitch rolling in money and treating the shit that us real people in the streets are stressing over and having to deal with on a daily basis like it's a topic on her TV show. Cunt!

Last Online

Premium Member

Racism is a marketing tool now. They should all be ashamed at how they ruin what their ancestors fought for. What a disgrace led by the entitled.

Last Online

Premium Member

Last Online

Premium Member

I think I need to apologize for my childish name calling of Oprah in a previous post, but it still doesn't change the rage I feel when someone of her stature pulls something like that. I can't remember the last time the she has been in the news, but now that she has a movie coming out she's crying out about a supposed racial slight over a $35,000 dollar purse... $35,000!!!

Then she has the chops to tweet something about not really wanting the purse anyway. Somewhere between Trayvon Martin and Paula Deen, I guess there is Ms. Winfrey existing in her own wacky little universe.

Now she has apologized, saying she may have blown the entire incident out of proportion. To late lady.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I remember when Oprah was a 2 bit weather lady on WJZ News in Baltimore. She's come far since then but I feel the same about things 47. It's just like Hillary making that speech yesterday at the ABA convention saying we still have racism in elections all over the USA. I guess that's why we have a 2 time elected African American President.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I remember when Oprah was a 2 bit weather lady on WJZ News in Baltimore. She's come far since then but I feel the same about things 47. It's just like Hillary making that speech yesterday at the ABA convention saying we still have racism in elections all over the USA. I guess that's why we have a 2 time elected African American President.
    I don't agree with it but this is a strategy used by the liberals to get the black folks fired up, if you say it enough then it must be true.

they're (the libs) are trying to blame the detroit bankruptcy on the republicans.....detroit has been ran by liberals for decades, previous governors were liberals but if you say that the mean old racist republicans are out to get you cause you are black people get awfully pissed awfully fast, get the people fired up and they'll rally, get them to rally and they'll attract attention, get more attention get more people to hate conservative white people. By constantly playing the race card they are pretty much ensuring that they will win the next election.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Lee Daniels needs to have his products immediately taken out of that icon of rural white America.... Walmart.... and Target too...... and off the television networks...at least until he does a couple of youtube confessionals and a teary eyed sit down with Matt Lauer

if I'm to understand his point, because I have the personal belief that the greatest entertainer of all time was Sammy Davis Jr, that makes me a bigot of sorts because I enjoyed watching performances by a black man

I don't get to the movie theatre much anymore but this was one movie that was on my list of definite go sees......not anymore.....I don't want to be considered a bigot

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Last Online

Premium Member

Oprah 'sorry' for Switzerland's flap

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Oprah Winfrey says she's "sorry" about the media coverage that emerged after she said she experienced racism during a trip to Switzerland.

"I think that incident in Switzerland was just an incident in Switzerland. I'm really sorry that it got blown up. I purposefully did not mention the name of the store. I'm sorry that I said it was Switzerland," Winfrey said Monday night at the Los Angeles premiere of "Lee Daniels: The Butler."

"I was just referencing it as an example of being in a place where people don't expect that you would be able to be there," she continued.

In a recent interview with "Entertainment Tonight," Winfrey recalled a clerk at an upscale Zurich boutique refusing to show her a handbag. Winfrey said she was told she could not afford the $38,000 purse.

"I'm in a store, and the person doesn't obviously know that I carry the black card, and so they make an assessment based upon the way I look and who I am," said Winfrey, who earned $77 million in the year ending in June, according to Forbes magazine.

"I didn't have anything that said, 'I have money.' I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything," said Winfrey on the red carpet. "You should be able to go in a store looking like whatever you look like and say, 'I'd like to see this.' That didn't happen."

Swiss tourism officials and the boutique owner apologized for the incident last week, but Winfrey insists there's no need.

"It's not an indictment against the country or even that store," she continued. "It was just one person who didn't want to offer me the opportunity to see the bag. So no apologies necessary from the country of Switzerland. If somebody makes a mistake in the United States do we apologize in front of the whole country? No!"

"The Butler," which opens Friday, documents the civil rights movement through the story of a butler who served in the White House for seven presidents.

http://news.yahoo.com/oprah-sorry-sw...092123697.html

Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Maybe it had nothing to do with skin color and just to do with her being fat. You never know.

Last Online

Premium Member

Media Falls for Race Hoax? Swiss Clerk Brands Oprah a Liar

A Swiss sales assistant caught in the middle of Oprah Winfrey's media racial firestorm claims that she's tired of being bullied and lied about by the powerful billionaire and cable network owner. Speaking anonymously, the sales clerk Oprah has publicly accused of racism for not showing her a $38,000 handbag told a Sunday newspaper, "It is absolutely not true that I declined to show her the bag on racist grounds. I even asked her if she wanted to look at the bag."

This directly contradicts an anecdote Oprah relayed to Entertainment Tonight in which she told America that the clerk's response to her request to see the handbag was, "No, it's too expensive."

The racially-charged headlines and media frenzy that followed were many, and mostly unskeptical.

Eventually the shop owner and the entire of country of Switzerland would apologize to Oprah. The shop owner, however, has always claimed that the incident was a major misunderstanding that had nothing to do with race.

For its part, the American media never showed the moral courage to express any skepticism towards one of the most wealthy and powerful people in the world. The story was just too good, I guess, and Oprah just too much of a sacred cow -- a close friend of Barack Obama's, black, leftist, an actress, and a woman.

But did the media even wonder for a moment how a potentially exaggerated, racially-charged anecdote of this kind might help to sell Oprah's upcoming film, "The Butler?" It was, after all, during the publicity blitz for "The Butler" that Oprah first told the story.

Did no one in media wonder if such an anecdote mixed with the promotion of a film based on a racial theme might be a little too neat?

Also, let us not forget that Oprah is already guilty of jumping with both feet into the George Zimmerman trial. Though every shred of evidence points to the fact that Zimmerman's fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin had nothing to do with race, that didn't stop Oprah from pretending it did. Of course, the media (and Obama) were also all aboard for that race hoax.

The media would like to pretend that their noble job is to help the afflicted and to afflict the powerful. Well, what we have here now is a powerless shop girl claiming that she doesn't "know why someone as great as [Oprah] must cannibalize me on TV" -- when in reality Ms. Winfrey had all kinds of reasons.

The clerk could be lying, no doubt. But in a sane media world, this story would really be heating up right about now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...nds-oprah-liar

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,778 Times in 6,524 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Media Falls for Race Hoax? Swiss Clerk Brands Oprah a Liar

A Swiss sales assistant caught in the middle of Oprah Winfrey's media racial firestorm claims that she's tired of being bullied and lied about by the powerful billionaire and cable network owner. Speaking anonymously, the sales clerk Oprah has publicly accused of racism for not showing her a $38,000 handbag told a Sunday newspaper, "It is absolutely not true that I declined to show her the bag on racist grounds. I even asked her if she wanted to look at the bag."

This directly contradicts an anecdote Oprah relayed to Entertainment Tonight in which she told America that the clerk's response to her request to see the handbag was, "No, it's too expensive."

The racially-charged headlines and media frenzy that followed were many, and mostly unskeptical.

Eventually the shop owner and the entire of country of Switzerland would apologize to Oprah. The shop owner, however, has always claimed that the incident was a major misunderstanding that had nothing to do with race.

For its part, the American media never showed the moral courage to express any skepticism towards one of the most wealthy and powerful people in the world. The story was just too good, I guess, and Oprah just too much of a sacred cow -- a close friend of Barack Obama's, black, leftist, an actress, and a woman.

But did the media even wonder for a moment how a potentially exaggerated, racially-charged anecdote of this kind might help to sell Oprah's upcoming film, "The Butler?" It was, after all, during the publicity blitz for "The Butler" that Oprah first told the story.

Did no one in media wonder if such an anecdote mixed with the promotion of a film based on a racial theme might be a little too neat?

Also, let us not forget that Oprah is already guilty of jumping with both feet into the George Zimmerman trial. Though every shred of evidence points to the fact that Zimmerman's fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin had nothing to do with race, that didn't stop Oprah from pretending it did. Of course, the media (and Obama) were also all aboard for that race hoax.

The media would like to pretend that their noble job is to help the afflicted and to afflict the powerful. Well, what we have here now is a powerless shop girl claiming that she doesn't "know why someone as great as [Oprah] must cannibalize me on TV" -- when in reality Ms. Winfrey had all kinds of reasons.

The clerk could be lying, no doubt. But in a sane media world, this story would really be heating up right about now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...nds-oprah-liar
    She also referenced Emmet Till in the same interview. Here is an epic takedown of her. How many of us even heard about this case? Beck Haters, please spare us from telling us how much you hate him and just watch this segment. Or just don't and don't tell us anyway.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

The breitbart article loses all credibility with the "all evidence points to race having nothing to do with the zimmerman case". So sad what's happened to the press.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Those sick bastards should all be sodomized with a telephone poll and set on fire while still alive. That is one of the most horrible crimes I have heard about in a long time, and yet amazing that I didn't hear about it back in 07 when it happened. But, have some Mexican or whatever Zimmerman is shoot a black kid in self defense and the race baiters including the media are all over it like stink on shit, which is also a great representation of what they are.