Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EXPENDABLES 3

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

EXPENDABLES 3

Harrison Ford In For ‘Expendables 3,’ Bruce Willis Out As Stallone Tweets “Greedy And Lazy” Jab

Harrison Ford will join the brawny cast of Sylvester Stallone’s Expendables 3, Deadline has confirmed. Stallone announced the surprise casting news today – along with an apparent dig at Expendables & Expendables 2 cast member Bruce Willis. “WILLIS OUT… HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!” he Tweeted Tuesday. Stallone, who wrote and starred in the Expendables films in addition to helping nab the franchise’s line-up of ’80s and ’90s action stars, subtweeted five minutes later without naming the subject of his scorn: “GREEDY AND LAZY …… A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE.” Coincidence?

Willis had a cameo in the first action pic as Mr. Church and reprised the role with expanded screen time in the 2012 sequel. Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich are among the new faces joining the franchise. Patrick Hughes is directing the threequel which Lionsgate has already set for an August 15, 2014, release. Ford is repped by UTA and next stars in Paranoia, which opens August 16, then Summit’s November 1 sci-fi adaptation Ender’s Game.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/harr...expendables-3/

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Apparently Willis wanted $1 mil a day for 4 days of shooting. He was offered $3 mil. Yup greedy would be the correct term.

But onto Ford's casting....

Hell yes!

So we now have.....Rocky, Indy, The Drunken Master, Blade, Drago, Riggs, Under Siege, 9 1/2 Weeks, Resident Evil Girl and Nic Cage.

Ya the movies are corny and not Oscar worthy but seeing all these guys on screen together is always worth the price of admission for me.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Ya the movies are corny and not Oscar worthy but seeing all these guys on screen together is always worth the price of admission for me.
    I totally agree...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:19 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Count me in too! Good action flick.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Some friends and I came up with an idea for a movie like this franchise about 15 years ago but we wanted to use all the smarmy villain type of guys from movies

Guys like :
    Michael Ironside
    Miguel Ferrer
    Michael Rooker
    William Zabka
    Kurtwood Smith
    Michael Madsen
    Kevin Spacey
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

I just saw the second one a few weeks ago and loved it!!! I don't need some artsy introspective foreign flick with some deep message... I want to escape from reality and life for two hours and it delivered... It's nice seeing some new faces for the new one... I'm sure it'll be entertaining...

Sent from two cans and a string using Tapatalk 2
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member

I grew up loving 80's action.... To me these movies are fantastic! Sure, they're not Shawshank - but aren't pretending to be that either.

Willis was always the odd man out quite honestly.... Church was a forced character. I'm ok with him not coming back. I'm pretty excited to see what Ford brings to the table. I could care less about Nic Cage... His last great movies were Con Air and The Rock... Everything else since then have been crap.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

The second movie was great with the historic one liners like Crews saying "Don't worry, he'll be back" or Arrrrrrnald saying "Yippee Ki Yay...".

These movies weren't supoosed to be oscar-worthy. Just a bunch of action stars making movies. I really like Ford being in the 3rd one. I won't shed a tear b/c Bruce isn't in it. Could do without Cage, but I hope they bring back Jet Li. He had too small of a role in the last one.

Does anybody know if Mr. Norris is going to be in this one??
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I love these movies, and with Harrison Ford being my fav actor, I can't wait!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I grew up loving 80's action.... To me these movies are fantastic! Sure, they're not Shawshank - but aren't pretending to be that either.

Willis was always the odd man out quite honestly.... Church was a forced character. I'm ok with him not coming back. I'm pretty excited to see what Ford brings to the table. I could care less about Nic Cage... His last great movies were Con Air and The Rock... Everything else since then have been crap.
    Agreed re Willis and agreed re Cage and The Rock. To this day, I rank that as one of, if not my favourite action movie ever.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

Cage is one of those frustrating actors where just when you are about to give up on him, he puts out a pretty good film. Kick Ass was really good. I was pleasantly surprised by Sorceror's Apprentice. I like the Nat'l Treasure series, Matchstick Men, Adaptation, The Family Man, Bringing Out the Dead, 8mm, and Snake Eyes, which all came out since The Rock and Con Air. Oh, and Bad Lieutenant was good. I even kind of liked Gone in 60 Seconds.

I honestly think he just did that recent string of bad films to pay of his tax debt.

Anyway, Bruce Willis gambled and lost--but I'd bet he doesn't care that much. He's actually had a nice career, still works regularly, has a franchise of his own, and seems to be in a lot of different types of films, many of which are actually pretty good.

There's a reason that Stallone is sticking to Expendables, Rocky, and Rambo. Otherwise, it's been Bullet To The Head, Shade, Avenging Angelo, Eye See You, Driven, Get Carter. You have to go back to Copland in 1997 to get back to a good film that's not part of his 3 franchises.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 1,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Cage is one of those frustrating actors where just when you are about to give up on him, he puts out a pretty good film. Kick Ass was really good. I was pleasantly surprised by Sorceror's Apprentice. I like the Nat'l Treasure series, Matchstick Men, Adaptation, The Family Man, Bringing Out the Dead, 8mm, and Snake Eyes, which all came out since The Rock and Con Air. Oh, and Bad Lieutenant was good. I even kind of liked Gone in 60 Seconds.

I honestly think he just did that recent string of bad films to pay of his tax debt.

Anyway, Bruce Willis gambled and lost--but I'd bet he doesn't care that much. He's actually had a nice career, still works regularly, has a franchise of his own, and seems to be in a lot of different types of films, many of which are actually pretty good.

There's a reason that Stallone is sticking to Expendables, Rocky, and Rambo. Otherwise, it's been Bullet To The Head, Shade, Avenging Angelo, Eye See You, Driven, Get Carter. You have to go back to Copland in 1997 to get back to a good film that's not part of his 3 franchises.
    This post has pretty much nailed it.

You forgot about Lord of War and The Weather Man. But Matchstick Men is a good film.

Cage was having a fine career until The Wicker Man. I mean, he had Rumble Fish, Moonstruck, Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart, Red Rock West, Leaving Las Vegas, The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air, Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Lord of War, National Treasure and The Weather Man to his credit before that. Not a terrible career by any means.

I hear people say that Arnie, Sly and Ford are all more relevant than Bruce right now and that's a lie. It hasn't been true for years.

Let's look at the last 10 years...

Bruce has these to his credit: Sin City, Lucky Number Slevin,16 Blocks, Planet Terror, Die Hard 4, RED, Moonrise Kingdom, RED 2 and Looper. Sin City 2 is also about to come out. And even though it probably sucks, Die Hard 5 made 300 million worldwide. Maybe everybody doesn't like all of those movies but they all have some fans.

Some people really liked Die Hard 4. Some really liked Planet Terror. Many thought RED was a fun flick. Some thought Lucky Number Slevin was just a rip off, but some also liked it. Including me. That's a solid run for an aging action star that is in his late 50's or early 60's.

Let's look at what Harrison Ford has done the last decade:

-Hollywood Homicide
    -Firewall
    -Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    -Crossing Over
    -Morning Glory (Broadcast News rip off)
    -Extraordinary Measures
    -Cowboys & Aliens

That's not so good...

Let's look at what Sly has done the last decade:

-Shade
    -Rocky Balboa
    -Rambo
    -The Expendables
    -The Expendables 2
    -Bullet to the Head
    -Escape Plan (Hasn't been released yet)

Not a terrible run. But it is what it is. He is cashing in on his past mostly.

There is not a lot that can be said about Arnie's comeback yet. Right now, Bruce has been more successful than all three of them put together in the last decade.

That said, it's not a bad thing Bruce is out. The addition of Ford gives the series someone new, and Bruce needs a break. He probably just decided that he really did not want to do the film. But it's obvious that he has turned into a complete dick. If he doesn't watch it he will end up like Val Kilmer.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    Some friends and I came up with an idea for a movie like this franchise about 15 years ago but we wanted to use all the smarmy villain type of guys from movies

Guys like :
    Michael Ironside
    Miguel Ferrer
    Michael Rooker
    William Zabka
    Kurtwood Smith
    Michael Madsen
    Kevin Spacey
    Zabka would be fantastic!! Wonder what he is doing these days.
    "Sweep the leg".
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    This post has pretty much nailed it.

You forgot about Lord of War and The Weather Man. But Matchstick Men is a good film.

Cage was having a fine career until The Wicker Man. I mean, he had Rumble Fish, Moonstruck, Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart, Red Rock West, Leaving Las Vegas, The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air, Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Lord of War, National Treasure and The Weather Man to his credit before that. Not a terrible career by any means.

I hear people say that Arnie, Sly and Ford are all more relevant than Bruce right now and that's a lie. It hasn't been true for years.

Let's look at the last 10 years...

Bruce has these to his credit: Sin City, Lucky Number Slevin,16 Blocks, Planet Terror, Die Hard 4, RED, Moonrise Kingdom, RED 2 and Looper. Sin City 2 is also about to come out. And even though it probably sucks, Die Hard 5 made 300 million worldwide. Maybe everybody doesn't like all of those movies but they all have some fans.

Some people really liked Die Hard 4. Some really liked Planet Terror. Many thought RED was a fun flick. Some thought Lucky Number Slevin was just a rip off, but some also liked it. Including me. That's a solid run for an aging action star that is in his late 50's or early 60's.

Let's look at what Harrison Ford has done the last decade:

-Hollywood Homicide
    -Firewall
    -Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    -Crossing Over
    -Morning Glory (Broadcast News rip off)
    -Extraordinary Measures
    -Cowboys & Aliens

That's not so good...

Let's look at what Sly has done the last decade:

-Shade
    -Rocky Balboa
    -Rambo
    -The Expendables
    -The Expendables 2
    -Bullet to the Head
    -Escape Plan (Hasn't been released yet)

Not a terrible run. But it is what it is. He is cashing in on his past mostly.

There is not a lot that can be said about Arnie's comeback yet. Right now, Bruce has been more successful than all three of them put together in the last decade.

That said, it's not a bad thing Bruce is out. The addition of Ford gives the series someone new, and Bruce needs a break. He probably just decided that he really did not want to do the film. But it's obvious that he has turned into a complete dick. If he doesn't watch it he will end up like Val Kilmer.
    Cage has diluted his career with recent choices, but to say it's been crap since Con Air, IMO, is glossing over a lot of good films. Recently, yes, it has been shitty. But that he has a huge tax bill to pay cannot be ignored.

Willis has been a wide variety of films and continues to be. The thing about Willis is that even when he does something that is not a box office hit, it's often something like Moonrise Kingdom which has some sort of artistic value to it. Stallone has been shoveling crap. Some of it is fun crap, like the Expendables franchise--sometimes it is just fun to watching things blow up and hear stupid one liners--but often it is just crap.

One could make the argument that Expendables along with Rocky and Rambo is the better career, but Willis' is more nuanced with more chances. There are arguments on both sides. Personally, I would rather have Bruce's career, but that is just me.

My cousin John has been in and is still in a Los Angeles band called the Blasters, and because of that he has played with lots of interesting people. He was in Bruce Willis and the Accelerators, which seems not to exist anymore, for years. I saw them play once. Anyway, my cousin says that Bruce is actually a good guy. I don't know that Willis was being a dick, really. He set a price where he was willing to do the film, but also willing to not do it if the price was not met. I'm guessing he didn't really want to do it, but would if he was showered in money. I'm okay with that.

You make a good point about Ford. He hasn't really had a great film or role in a while. Also--talk about being a dick...that's apparently very much the case with him.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 1,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Cage has diluted his career with recent choices, but to say it's been crap since Con Air, IMO, is glossing over a lot of good films. Recently, yes, it has been shitty. But that he has a huge tax bill to pay cannot be ignored.

Willis has been a wide variety of films and continues to be. The thing about Willis is that even when he does something that is not a box office hit, it's often something like Moonrise Kingdom which has some sort of artistic value to it. Stallone has been shoveling crap. Some of it is fun crap, like the Expendables franchise--sometimes it is just fun to watching things blow up and hear stupid one liners--but often it is just crap.

One could make the argument that Expendables along with Rocky and Rambo is the better career, but Willis' is more nuanced with more chances. There are arguments on both sides. Personally, I would rather have Bruce's career, but that is just me.

My cousin John has been in and is still in a Los Angeles band called the Blasters, and because of that he has played with lots of interesting people. He was in Bruce Willis and the Accelerators, which seems not to exist anymore, for years. I saw them play once. Anyway, my cousin says that Bruce is actually a good guy. I don't know that Willis was being a dick, really. He set a price where he was willing to do the film, but also willing to not do it if the price was not met. I'm guessing he didn't really want to do it, but would if he was showered in money. I'm okay with that.

You make a good point about Ford. He hasn't really had a great film or role in a while. Also--talk about being a dick...that's apparently very much the case with him.
    The Rambo movie flopped. At least in the US. It only made like 25 million dollars or something like that. I think it's the 2nd best film in the series, but it's success has more to do with it being better than it should be.

The thing that really sticks with Sly is that Rocky Balboa was fairly successful critic wise and money wise.

Bruce has had the best career the last decade even though many roles have been supporting roles. He is not at the age where actors are expected to carry a movie anymore. He does a lot of direct to video shit, but who cares about that stuff? I mean, it's DTV. If those movies turn out to be watchable it just becomes icing on the cake IMO.

Career wise... Ford wins... Even though I'm not a Star Wars fan, I can accept that he has the best career overall. But Air Force One was the last time he made a really entertaining movie and that was 1997.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw