Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 11,742 Times in 6,504 Posts

Premium Member

Default Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

CENTER, MO. -- Rescue workers want to thank a higher power for coming to the rescue early Sunday morning. 

Emergency crews spent an hour and a half trying to extricate a 19-year-old Quincy woman trapped in her in crushed car on Missouri 19 near Center, Mo.

The Missouri Highway Patrol said Aaron Smith, 26, crossed the center line and struck Katie Lentz head-on.

Now, friends, family and those who rescued Lentz would love to find and thank a mysterious priest who they say helped make the rescue possible.

New London Fire Chief Raymond Reed said rescue crews spent the first 45 minutes after the accident trying to get Lentz out of a car to no avail Sunday morning shortly after 9 a.m. The metal on an older model Mercedes dulled the department's equipment.

"It was a very well-built car, and when you compact materials like that one, they become even stronger because you're cutting through multiple things instead of one layer," Reed said.

Reed says Lentz was pinned in between the steering wheel and the seat. After 45 minutes passed, medical workers told rescue crews that Katie was failing and fast. That's when Reed decided to move the car, which was standing on its side, back on all four wheels.

About an hour into the rescue, Katie asked rescue workers to pray out loud with her. That's when a priest appeared out of no where.

"He came up and approached the patient, and offered a prayer," Reed said. "It was a Catholic priest who had anointing oil with him. A sense of calmness came over her, and it did us as well. I can't be for certain how it was said, but myself and another firefighter, we very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work and that we would get her out of that vehicle."

The Hannibal Fire Department showed up right after that prayer with fresh equipment and was able to finish the extrication. After getting Katie safely into the Air Evac helicopter, at least a dozen of the rescue workers turned around to thank the priest who was no where in sight. The highway had been blocked for a quarter of a mile during the hour and a half rescue, leaving no bystanders and no parked cars nearby. Lentz' family and friends are amazed by the story.

KHQA report

"Where did this guy come from?" Lentz's friend Travis Wiseman asked. "We're looking for the priest and so far, no one has seen him. Whether it was a priest as an angel or an actual angel, he was an angel to all those and to Katie."

"We would like to find this gentleman and be able to thank him," Reed said. "As a first responder, you don't know what you're going to run into. We have a lot of tools, and we have intensive training. In this particular case, it is my feeling that it was nothing more than sheer faith and nothing short of a miracle."

Katie has undergone surgeries to repair several broken bones. She is scheduled for more surgeries in the coming weeks, but friends and family say her spirit has not wavered.

"Both of her legs are very damaged," Lentz's friend Amanda Wiseman said. "Her wrist is broken, several broken ribs, so she's had a lot of broken bones to deal with."

According to Katie's mother, Katie's condition has been upgraded to serious condition in Blessing Hospital. In addition to several internal injuries, she has undergone orthopedic surgeries and has more to face.

"All along the way, her foremost request is for people to pray and to pray out loud," she said. "We would like nothing more than to carry that message forward for her."

The driver of the other car in that accident, Aaron Smith, has been charged with a DWI, second degree assault and failure to drive on the right half of the roadway.

KHQA asked the Missouri Department of Transportation if there have ever been talks of turning Missouri 19 into a 4-lane highway.

A MoDOT spokesperson said a group called the Tri-State Development Group has identified that highway as a priority to examine. However, MoDOT has never identified that road as a priority.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 08.07.13 at 03:26 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

WOW. Cool.
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

I hope and pray for a quick recovery for her. The story itself is amazing

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Very cool. There is a higher power up there, that is for sure.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Perfect example there is a man upstairs. Never know when he is going to come down (or send someone) to help out.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Sure he wasn't Doc Graham? There's a cornfield right next to the road?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:49 PM
    Liked 796 Times in 432 Posts

Premium Member

I need to add a note of skepticism to this thread.

Disclaimer: I believe in God.

But here's the thing.

There are from 25 to 30 thousand deaths on American highways alone every year. Many involve vicious, war-like injuries that leave victims suffering hideously in their final moments. Some involve infants and some even involve infants who, doused with fuel, burn to death before their first sock hop.

So if one cleverly edited video proves there is a man upstairs who watches out for you, what do the other 29,999 tragedies prove?

Sorry, Virginia, but somebody had to say it.

TK

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post

So if one cleverly edited video proves there is a man upstairs who watches out for you, what do the other 29,999 tragedies prove?

TK
    I think Buschman and ZeoBandit are referring to the events that occurred on the highway that day. The video is not the story.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I think Buschman and ZeoBandit are referring to the events that occurred on the highway that day. The video is not the story.
    Good point. Let me re-phrase.

If one positive patient outcome in a traffic accident proves the man upstairs is watching out for you, what do the other 29,999 prove?

For the record, I wasn't attacking those two linkers, just questioning the notion that some mysterious holy man actually saved this woman, and seriously doubting the notion that he "magically" appeared. If he truly has that ability, he owes about 30,000 people an explanation.

TK

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

If one positive patient outcome in a traffic accident proves the man upstairs is watching out for you, what do the other 29,999 prove?

For the record, I wasn't attacking those two linkers, just questioning the notion that some mysterious holy man actually saved this woman, and seriously doubting the notion that he "magically" appeared. If he truly has that ability, he owes about 30,000 people an explanation.

TK
    the loophole for squirming out of this one is "it's not our place to question his plan"
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

TK
    I am a crisis Christian so here so don't think I am trying to spread the word. The 29,999 may just be people who are supposed to die because of normal events. Maybe this one person's "death" was caused by something evil? So God is trying to make amends to something that was an unnatural event.

It's like I doubt very much that anything is micromanaging 6 billion lives. Especially when you consider that God's workload is getting busier every year. You would think he would say "ehhh lets cap it off at 2 billion so I can ensure time for golf." So we get killed by cancer, cars, guns, AIDS, etc all because we have free will. However if something tries to make a change in the natural course of events, God may try to reverse it. May not depending how backed up the course is.

I do know that something saved me from death one time in my life. However I am sure other 7 year old kids died that day by various means. Unsure why I was saved but I guess something wanted to intervene.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I am a crisis Christian so here so don't think I am trying to spread the word. The 29,999 may just be people who are supposed to die because of normal events. Maybe this one person's "death" was caused by something evil? So God is trying to make amends to something that was an unnatural event.

It's like I doubt very much that anything is micromanaging 6 billion lives. Especially when you consider that God's workload is getting busier every year. You would think he would say "ehhh lets cap it off at 2 billion so I can ensure time for golf." So we get killed by cancer, cars, guns, AIDS, etc all because we have free will. However if something tries to make a change in the natural course of events, God may try to reverse it. May not depending how backed up the course is.

I do know that something saved me from death one time in my life. However I am sure other 7 year old kids died that day by various means. Unsure why I was saved but I guess something wanted to intervene.
    I have been spared a couple of times, myself. But I don't pretend to know why, or to even assume it was based on anything other than probability. Better men than me have died in less than glorious circumstances.

In M. Night Shyamalan's "Signs" we are led to believe a carefully orchestrated series of events saves the life of an asthmatic little boy, but this house of cards falls at the slightest nudge. First, that same series of events includes the deaths of hundreds of thousands of others, many of them children. Second, if a divine hand indeed saved the boy, then it was no less responsible for the deaths of the others, bringing into question the legitimacy of any heart-warming response you might have to the final scene.

The video - and the 'secret' it pretends to reveal - are no different.

TK

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:19 PM
    Liked 6,825 Times in 3,568 Posts

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

The video - and the 'secret' it pretends to reveal - are no different.

TK
    Are you referring to the video of the news report?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Are you referring to the video of the news report?
    Yes, but perhaps more importantly to the notion it implies - that a man mysteriously appeared and miraculously changed the cirumstances of a nearly tragic event before bascially vaporizing into thin air.

Did a priest walk up and calm the woman at a critical moment, perhaps aiding in her rescue? Probably.

Did he "magically appear" and alter the laws of the universe to do so? I think you know the answer.

As a thought experiment, imagine the event with the priest but WITHOUT the rescue workers.

TK