Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Good Enough Ilovevh's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.15.04
    Age
    44
    Location
    pensacola fl
    Posts
    1,599
    Favorite VH Album

    adkot
    Favorite VH Song

    she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 03:26 AM
    Likes
    98
    Liked 258 Times in 152 Posts

    Eddie Van Halens The Wild Life Music Score Unearthed



    Out The Window is a short (but epic!) piece of music or rather, guitar squealing written by Eddie Van Halen

    Read more: http://www.vhnd.com/2013/08/02/eddie...#ixzz2aoSQG38i
    My karma just ran over your dogma

    Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out



    https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

  2. #2
    Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.07
    Location
    PHILLY
    Posts
    2,353
    Favorite VH Album

    Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

    A Lot!
    Last Online

    09.08.16 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

    Default

    Sounds like his Back to the Future bit. actually pretty sure it is....
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! Jesus H Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.20.07
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,930
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love Again
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 03:43 AM
    Likes
    968
    Liked 1,785 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    Last edited by Jesus H Christ; 08.02.13 at 06:22 AM.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

  4. #4
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 08:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Yes, it's from both movies.

    I like it.

    It's half pathetic that we are excited to hear a scrap of Eddie's playing, and something we've all heard already anyway.

    ADKOT was awesome. Give me more.

    And now the obligatory we need a box set of rarities, live performances, bootlegs, and outtakes. Sell it online, as others have suggested...charge a buck a tune, Offer it as a package deal too. Use the VH Store.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  5. #5
    Forum Frontman Double Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,911
    Favorite VH Album

    ('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 11:11 AM
    Likes
    538
    Liked 1,036 Times in 545 Posts

    Default

    -------------------
    .
    .
    .
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium Harpospoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.12.12
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 11:22 PM
    Likes
    12,576
    Liked 3,424 Times in 1,804 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth View Post
    Yes, it's from both movies.

    I like it.

    It's half pathetic that we are excited to hear a scrap of Eddie's playing, and something we've all heard already anyway.

    ADKOT was awesome. Give me more.

    And now the obligatory we need a box set of rarities, live performances, bootlegs, and outtakes. Sell it online, as others have suggested...charge a buck a tune, Offer it as a package deal too. Use the VH Store.
    Waitaminute....

    Wouldn't that result in complaints that it's not "new music"? Are VH allowed to work with music they wrote decades ago?

  7. #7
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    50
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,227
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 06:41 PM
    Likes
    2,976
    Liked 3,039 Times in 1,519 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
    Waitaminute....

    Wouldn't that result in complaints that it's not "new music"? Are VH allowed to work with music they wrote decades ago?
    Sorry man, we'll just have to disagree about that stuff. I've said over and over how much I enjoy ADKOT, but I always looked at Eddie as a person just bubbling with creativity. To go 14 years without releasing a new album and then to (in his own words) say "The biggest trip is that I wrote some of those songs when I was still in high school and even junior high" just tells me he's got nothing left in the tank. And because of the amount of respect I have for his work and legacy that bothers me some. I want to hear Eddie as he is, not as a guy in his late 50s relying on what he did as a teenager for the bulk of a new album.

    But I didn't say that the end result wasn't still a hell of a lot of fun.

    And I'd still love as much archive live stuff as we can get. I don't think that will be forthcoming, though.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    9,202
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 09:23 PM
    Likes
    1,229
    Liked 1,569 Times in 864 Posts

    Default

    True, but remember that before ADKOT, the latest we had heard from Ed was "Rise" and "Catherine." So ADKOT was a huge improvement (except for "Tattoo").
    My problem is still with Dave's vocals on several songs, not with Ed.
    Little Dreamer

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Harpospoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.12.12
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,040
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 11:22 PM
    Likes
    12,576
    Liked 3,424 Times in 1,804 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Sorry man, we'll just have to disagree about that stuff. I've said over and over how much I enjoy ADKOT, but I always looked at Eddie as a person just bubbling with creativity. To go 14 years without releasing a new album and then to (in his own words) say "The biggest trip is that I wrote some of those songs when I was still in high school and even junior high" just tells me he's got nothing left in the tank. And because of the amount of respect I have for his work and legacy that bothers me some. I want to hear Eddie as he is, not as a guy in his late 50s relying on what he did as a teenager for the bulk of a new album.

    But I didn't say that the end result wasn't still a hell of a lot of fun.

    And I'd still love as much archive live stuff as we can get. I don't think that will be forthcoming, though.
    I couldn't resist.

    Hey...I'm just glad those songs finally got recorded and released. As I said in the other thread, it's all new music to me since I never heard the demos. And...I know the mindset since I've listened to old music I recorded and felt a strong desire to redo it with proper recording tech. Plus...I can't help suspecting that Wolf had something to do with it too.

  10. #10
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    02.13.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,527
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    The one I'm listening to.
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 11:30 PM
    Likes
    648
    Liked 2,091 Times in 478 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART View Post
    Sounds like his Back to the Future bit. actually pretty sure it is....
    Naturally, the VHND article answers your question.

    http://www.vhnd.com/2013/08/02/eddie...ore-unearthed/

    The huge news here is that all the raw, unedited Eddie Van Halen music from The Wild Life will be coming out soon!

    Details :
    http://www.vhnd.com/2013/08/02/eddie...ore-unearthed/

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing! johnnybeane's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.09
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    3,335
    Favorite VH Album

    Woman and children first
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 12:08 AM
    Likes
    406
    Liked 750 Times in 483 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post
    Naturally, the VHND article answers your question.

    http://www.vhnd.com/2013/08/02/eddie...ore-unearthed/

    The huge news here is that all the raw, unedited Eddie Van Halen music from The Wild Life will be coming out soon!

    Details :
    http://www.vhnd.com/2013/08/02/eddie...ore-unearthed/
    Awesome Jeff!!!
    Been looking forward to this since 1985!!!!
    "The Wild Life" was one of my all time favorite films!!
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

    With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

    NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

    My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

    "Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

  12. #12
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.30.00
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    863
    Last Online

    05.09.18 @ 12:47 PM
    Likes
    165
    Liked 155 Times in 109 Posts

    Default

    'nuff said

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    17,616
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:04 AM
    Likes
    2,145
    Liked 1,722 Times in 1,056 Posts

    Very cool!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  14. #14
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.30.00
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    1,233
    Last Online

    01.25.18 @ 07:21 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    ..Cool I hope they put it on next record..it needs an Alex Van halen backbone and it will sound 10 xs better
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..


    ..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    10.12.09
    Posts
    1,872
    Last Online

    05.15.16 @ 09:48 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
    Waitaminute....

    Wouldn't that result in complaints that it's not "new music"? Are VH allowed to work with music they wrote decades ago?
    I thought I was clear when I (like snowdog) said ADKT kicks ass, but I think it SEEMS troubling when the former song-writing team of Roth and E. Van Halen APPARENTLY couldn't sit in the same room to write new music. It SEEMS like it might be a sign that these boys can't work together.

    It's one hundred percent conjecture on my part, although backed by DLR's own words in Rolling Stone, that it MIGHT be a troubling sign for my favorite band when the two guys who create the music aren't, well, creating new music.

    Do you see the difference between what some of us are saying, versus "complaining it's not new music"?

    The reworked old music kicks ass; the APPARENT inability to create anything new is troubling.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. the Wild Life remake
    By Bigdaddy_14 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05.29.11, 10:15 AM
  2. "The Wild Life" EVH score scenes.
    By johnnybeane in forum Van Halen On The Tube
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10.02.10, 12:48 PM
  3. Wild Life
    By ecnavaira in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06.19.06, 11:53 PM
  4. The Wild Life on VH1 Now 7:30PM ET
    By Chet Dakota in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06.27.02, 03:40 PM
  5. The Wild Life on VH1
    By VanJay in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03.27.02, 06:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •