Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Default VH no longer with Interscope?

Well this could be something or nothing. I checked the Interscope.com site earlier and couldn't find VH in their list of artists or indeed any reference to the band at all.

Did they get dropped? one album deal? or perhaps they were never on the website in the first place?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

They were on the website when I checked last year around the time news was announced that they signed with them.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I don't know. I believe VH signed a multi-album deal but could be wrong.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

VH is listed as a forrmer Interscope artist on Wiki.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,146 Times in 8,966 Posts

Well, you can't even buy A Different Kind of Truth on there, when you can buy the work of other artists on their roster.

There are different types of contracts. Might have just been a distribution contract and Interscope doesn't consider them on their "label".

Who knows.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

I'm just speculating, but considering Van Halen's rep the past 15 or so years and all the damage that's been done to their legacy and the liabilities they present at this (at least as of 2011 when they signed to Interscope) point in their career, it's was very likely a one album/tour/merch deal with options that either party could opt in or out of future albums, tours and promotions if things didn't work out to everyone's satisfaction.

The album did ok sales wise and was clearly a critically well-received effort but I'm sure it didn't come close in sales to what Interscope was hoping for and VH backing out of the last leg of the tour probably didn't give the label much encouragement. Interscope probably still feels the pain from the Guns n' Roses Chinese Democracy floptacular and seeing how VH is a very iffy proposition these days, cut their losses. The few scattered dates this years makes me wonder if it was just the band wrapping up contractual and financial obligations to Interscope before going into another long hibernation.

Another clue is whether Iovine is still managing them.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

Dear Van Halen,

Write new music. Record said music.

Then, take that piece of runny buffalo diarrhea you call van-halen.com and release your new music via download when people pay for it. In fact, if you really want to step up your game, just let Jeff Hausman set up and manage it since he's the only one if your universe that has a clue on how to sell shit online.

Next, count money. That pile you normally reserve for the scum sucking parasites at the record label that are doing very little but sucking the life out of their host organisms goes to zero. In case you are bad at math, that means you get to keep more money, gain more creative control and you don't have to wear $200 Italian wool t-shirts if don't want to either. However, I recommend permanently retiring/burning Eddie's old duct tape sandals, Dave's assless chaps and Alex's neck brace.

Problem(s) solved.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    Dear Van Halen,

Write new music. Record said music.

Then, take that piece of runny buffalo diarrhea you call van-halen.com and release your new music via download when people pay for it. In fact, if you really want to step up your game, just let Jeff Hausman set up and manage it since he's the only one if your universe that has a clue on how to sell shit online.

Next, count money. That pile you normally reserve for the scum sucking parasites at the record label that are doing very little but sucking the life out of their host organisms goes to zero. In case you are bad at math, that means you get to keep more money, gain more creative control and you don't have to wear $200 Italian wool t-shirts if don't want to either. However, I recommend permanently retiring/burning Eddie's old duct tape sandals, Dave's assless chaps and Alex's neck brace.

Problem(s) solved.
    Ya know in all honesty this is what they should do. I still don't know why they haven't hired Jeff to handle their online presence and give him carte blanche. VH online since the Internet began has been a joke. Embrace the Effin' Internet already, it's not a fad!
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:53 PM
    Liked 1,971 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    VH online since the Internet began has been a joke. Embrace the Effin' Internet already, it's not a fad!
    What about the "Van Halen Mailing list" back in 1998. That was pretty good at the time...haha... Anyone else remember that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:07 PM
    Liked 7,861 Times in 4,591 Posts

Premium Member

Having a record label is obviously a waste of time when it comes to a band like VH. I think Ed and others like him are just stubborn and don't want to embrace a new way of making money. They are stuck in the dinosaur age and rely on labels to spend THEIR money upfront for recording, promotion etc. Ed has one of the most famous studios in Rock history yet he doesn't take advantage of that fact in any way. He isn't very business savvy imo because he could make some nice coin from renting it out. That would open a whole lot of other opportunities. He has his own studio and it would cost almost nothing to record music, hire an enigneer and sell the music direct to the fans via website or online. He wouldn't even have to make full albums just record enough songs to go out on tour with. They don't play most of any new album anyway. 4 or 5 new songs and a tour since touring is where they make their huge paydays.

Favorite VH Song

Unchained!
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:29 AM
    Liked 36 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hide Your Sheep View Post
    Ya know in all honesty this is what they should do. I still don't know why they haven't hired Jeff to handle their online presence and give him carte blanche. VH online since the Internet began has been a joke. Embrace the Effin' Internet already, it's not a fad!
    No way. During 1998 and 1999 their site was probably the best band website out there. That's why it is even worse to think about how it went afterwards and I don't have a fucking clune on what hapenned.

Check this: this is a website that monitors and takes "snapshots" of most of the internet sections and constructs a wayback machine. Here is Van Halen's website in 1998. At that time, even with the shitty connections, they even offered videos! There was a section showing all live equipment the band used (even the non-endorsed, like the delays and harmonizers), and so on...

http://web.archive.org/web/199812020....com/main.html

Also check this. It's a totally different mentality they had back then.:

http://web.archive.org/web/199904270...ideo/once.html
    Last edited by GOLATTARI; 07.29.13 at 02:59 PM.
    GOL Guitar!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/signaturepics/sigpic23027_7.gif[/SIGPIC]

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:15 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    What about the "Van Halen Mailing list" back in 1998. That was pretty good at the time...haha... Anyone else remember that.
    Ironically, back on the day VH's official site was pretty good. There were frequent updates on the new (but never was) second Cherone album, and of course the Pleasure Dome board. And these were the early days of the Internet. After the announcement that Gary was out and the famous "no news is good news" quote, the site pretty much shut down. The pleasure dome went away soon after. I've been here since. There's nothing to see there anymore.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    People, people we all saw how far Dave was standing from everybody else when this photo was shot.
    Could this be magic or could this be---trouble on Howdy Dowdy mountain !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

05.04.17 @ 02:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Yep it was just a small group of die hard fans on the VHML where you'd trade digital smiles with Val (aka VABVH) and swap info on boots. Hard to believe it was 18 years ago...where have all the good times gone?!