Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,777 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default HUD's New 'Fair Housing' Rule Establishes Diversity Data for Every U.S. Neighborhood

(CNSNews.com) - To ensure that "every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of," HUD has published a new fair-housing regulation intended to give people access to better neighborhoods than the ones they currently live in.

The goal is to help communities understand "fair housing barriers" and "establish clear goals" for "improving integrated living patterns and overcoming historic patterns of segregation."

“This proposed rule represents a 21st century approach to fair housing, a step forward to ensuring that every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of – where they have a fair shot at reaching their full potential in life,” said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan.

“For the first time ever," Donovan added, "HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class."

Social engineering

According to HUD, long-term solutions include "helping people gain access to different neighborhoods and channeling investments into under-served areas." The mapping tool may guide development and zoning decisions, for example.

In a July 16 speech to the NAACP, Donovan said the American Dream still isn't within equal reach of all communities. He lamented the lack of diversity in America's boardrooms, schools, and the nation's "strongest neighborhoods."

"We have got to shape a future where ladders of opportunity are available for all Americans," Donovan said. "For African Americans, this is critically important.  Historically, for this community, the rungs on these ladders have been too far apart -– making it harder to reach the middle class."

Donovan said HUD's new neighborhood mapping tool, which uses Census data, will "expand access to high opportunity neighborhoods and draw attention to investment possibilities in under-served communities."

"Make no mistake, this is a big deal," Donovan said. "With the HUD budget alone, we are talking about billions of dollars. And as you know, decades ago, these funds were used to support discrimination. Now, they will be used to expand opportunity and bring communities closer to the American Dream."

Under the Fair Housing Act, HUD requires grantees, such as cities, that receive federal housing funds to "affirmatively further fair housing."

Under the proposed rule, the neighborhood data provided by HUD will be used to evaluate patterns of integration and segregation, racial and ethnic concentrations of poverty, and access to "valuable community assets." HUD wants to know if existing laws and policies -- such as zoning, financing, infrastructure planning and transportation -- create, perpetuate or alleviate segregation.

The proposed rule explicitly incorporates fair-housing decision-making into existing planning processes and "other decision-making that influences how communities and regions grow and develop."
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Slums Across America...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

I read that article and have no idea what it means. Real estate agents compile date on neighbourhoods, govt should have other shit to worry about.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

The U.S. government is going to log the diversity of every neighborhood in the U.S.

As part of a proposed rule, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), would provide detailed demographic information on every single neighborhood in the country in an attempt to get a better understanding of segregation, integration and poverty, the agency said.

This racial mapping will be done as part of the new Fair Housing rule proposed by the agency.

The more modern approach to tackling today's discrimination issues should be able to help HUD lessen disparities such as African Americans learning about 11 percent fewer available rentals and 17 percent fewer available homes to buy.

This inequality comes from real estate agents showing fewer available properties to minorities than to equally qualified whites, Donovan explained, adding that ‘because of the subtle nature of this discrimination, often times, they don’t even know they have been subjected to this abuse.’

The best way to combat this problem, said Donovan, is through a neighborhood mapping tool the agency will create that will provide information on jobs, schools and transportation.

The agency believes the map will help ‘expand access to high opportunity neighborhoods and draw attention to investment possibilities in under-served communities,’ Donovan continued.

The maps will allow planners and residents to view ‘data on patterns of integration and segregation, racially and ethnically concentrated areas of poverty,’ as well as ‘data on individuals with disabilities and families with children, and discrimination,’ according to the rule proposal.

HUD will also further step up fair housing enforcement. In the past three over $54million in compensation has been awarded to 25,000 people who were wrongly discriminated against as a result of enforcement actions, Donovan noted.

With half of all African-American household wealth in the U.S. wiped out in the four years before President Barack Obama took office, Donovan said, quoting a Pew Research study, the agency has its work cut out.

Donovan, though, remains optimistic, saying ‘we will continue to in order to strengthen this work in the months and years ahead to bring Fair Housing into the 21st century.’
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

This administration is hell bent on homogenizing this nation at the cost of....nevermind.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

I am going to throw out a generality, and get slammed for it, but here goes.

The Jewish community, as a whole, puts a great deal of importance on getting an education, whether in a skill or a white collar profession.

The Black community, as a whole, does NOT put a great deal of importance on getting an education, whether in a skill or a white collar profession.

Both are historically oppressed and discriminated against, yet one is flourishing financially and one is not. That is obviously not the only factor among many, and of course simplistic, but I don't think it de-rails my point.

The black community as a whole needs a seismic shift in it's core values. I know, I'm a racist for saying it, but if I truly was a racist, I would be happy in their continuing demise. I'm not.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

And look what NBC is now promoting... Coincidence?

http://inplainsight.nbcnews.com/_new...-location?lite

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

well, I remember when the push was for every american to be able to have a home and look where that got us. Now we're gonna put people that can't afford to live in an area in an area just to have diversity?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I am going to throw out a generality, and get slammed for it, but here goes.

The Jewish community, as a whole, puts a great deal of importance on getting an education, whether in a skill or a white collar profession.

The Black community, as a whole, does NOT put a great deal of importance on getting an education, whether in a skill or a white collar profession.

Both are historically oppressed and discriminated against, yet one is flourishing financially and one is not. That is obviously not the only factor among many, and of course simplistic, but I don't think it de-rails my point.

The black community as a whole needs a seismic shift in it's core values. I know, I'm a racist for saying it, but if I truly was a racist, I would be happy in their continuing demise. I'm not.
    Yep you are a racist.

Calling Reverend Al and he will be bringing Jesse's rainbows.

To add something else to your argument how about Middle Easterners? I mean since 2001 they have been at the top of everybody's shit list in this country. Yet they continue to thrive by being small business owners and for the most part are ideal citizens. Even though they are in the cross-hairs and are far removed from Western Culture.

Anyway I am sick of this shit too. So many excuses yet zero accountability.

I have had discussions with actual Africans who immigrated here and work at our company. They for the most part are embarrassed by how African-Americans act in this country because of the lack of accountability they show.

Yep I guess they are racists too.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm so over the whole race thing. It's such a scam. It is about money and power for the leaders of the movements. Hard work, ethics, and family first are some of the qualities that will help make you successful in this country regardless of race or religon. Some groups do the same thing with the same pathetic results over and over...What are u gonna do?