Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default CIA helps bankroll $600,000 study to see if controversial geoengineering will help

The CIA is part-funding a $600,000 study to find out whether it can control the weather using geoengineering.

It is backing the National Academy of Sciences' (NAS) study to investigate whether geoengineering - such as solar radiation management and carbon dioxide removal - could be used to curb the effects of climate change.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ring-help.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and i won't say where that $600,000 could go to....otherwise, i may get banned.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    The CIA is part-funding a $600,000 study to find out whether it can control the weather using geoengineering.

It is backing the National Academy of Sciences' (NAS) study to investigate whether geoengineering - such as solar radiation management and carbon dioxide removal - could be used to curb the effects of climate change.
    Even though $600k isn't a lot of money, I don't like the idea of the CIA getting involved with HAARP type of research.

Also, why is carbon dioxide bad??? Plants need CO2 and plants produce oxygen which we sorta need to survive...

Lastly, if the CIA can control the weather, I don't think it will be used for the good of humanity. It will be used as a weapon...

Sent from two cans and a string using Tapatalk 2
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 2,801 Times in 1,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ring-help.html
    The motivation is silly...but you never know what benefits will result from research like this.

As for the CIA, they've become involved with climate change before.

...Except it was in response to the global COOLING scare of the 1970s. Here is their report on the subject (containing the same scary predictions we now hear about global WARMING).

http://www.climatemonitor.it/wp-cont...09/12/1974.pdf

“The western world’s leading climatologists have confirmed recent reports of a detrimental global climate change. The stability of most nations is based upon a dependable source of food, but this stability will not be possible under the new climatic era. A forecast by the University of Wisconsin projects that the earth’s climate is returning to that of the neo-boreal era (1600- 1850) – an era of drought, famine and political unrest in the western world.

Climate has not been a prime consideration of intelligence analysis because, until recently, it has not caused any significant perturbations to the status of major nations. This is so because during 50 of the last 60 years the Earth has, on the average, enjoyed the best agricultural climate since the eleventh century. An early twentieth century world food surplus hindered US efforts to maintain and equalise farm production and incomes.”
    Interesting that no matter what the climate does, we think it's bad and that we are doomed.

The report was right to fear global cooling though...as mentioned, global cooling has historically been a very bad thing for humans. You won't hear any mention of the negatives that a cooler climate caused for us prior to the 20th century now though.