Register
Page 3 of 398 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

07.10.19 @ 01:50 AM
    Liked 314 Times in 150 Posts

Donor

I won't vote for anyone with Bilderberg Group, Council on Foreign Relations, or Trilateral Commission affiliations...

Hillary Clinton attended Bilderberg this year so she's definitely out in my book...

Sent from two cans and a string using Tapatalk 2
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,090 Times in 4,075 Posts

Donor

I said this last time but I mean it, if she wins, I'm moving to Canada.

Already scouting properties.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.04.19 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 682 Times in 325 Posts

the "I'm moving to another country" threat is usually given my people on the left who plan on moving to a country more left than America-Canada, somewhere in Europe, etc

It's odd when it comes from someone on the right because that would mean they want to move to a country more conservative which would have to be some place where Muslims make their women wear beehive suits
    Eat Us and Smile!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 1,291 Times in 714 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    the "I'm moving to another country" threat is usually given my people on the left who plan on moving to a country more left than America-Canada, somewhere in Europe, etc

It's odd when it comes from someone on the right because that would mean they want to move to a country more conservative which would have to be some place where Muslims make their women wear beehive suits
    If I leave the United States, and if there is a few more liberal presidents I surely will, my choices are Austrailia, France or Italy. I just cant bare watching the United States become Mexico.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 6,730 Times in 3,502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Fair enough. I was more or less looking for a name. I'm curious to see who could do a good job leading this country in the eyes of others.
    I am a Libertarian in heart but I know its unrealistic. That said I tend to favor Rand Paul right now even though he isn't perfect and I honestly haven't done all my homework.

It's funny about moving to another country because my friend and I discussed moving to Canada. I can deal with the policy and taxes because it appears they have more of a handle on things. Plus they are so damn polite and don't appear to cater to the victim culture that the United States breeds.

I also like Maple Syrup and the accent.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.12.19 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 1,301 Times in 738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    If I leave the United States, and if there is a few more liberal presidents I surely will, my choices are Austrailia, France or Italy. I just cant bare watching the United States become Mexico.
    It will take a lot more than a couple of liberal presidents to get me to leave. We've had plenty and we'll have more. And if you're objective at all, you can't possibly believe the so-called Republicans have offered much of an alternative. Romneycare, anyone? Medicare D, anyone? Warrantless wiretapping, going once, twice...

Also, this is a country of immigrants. The trouble we have here isn't being caused my Mexicans looking for opportunity. It's being caused by native-born American politicians who love power more than liberty.

p.s. - for me it's Canada, Australia or Switzerland.

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 11,191 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    It's funny about moving to another country because my friend and I discussed moving to Canada. I can deal with the policy and taxes because it appears they have more of a handle on things. Plus they are so damn polite and don't appear to cater to the victim culture that the United States breeds.

But you know what's even greater about Canada?

Its Mike!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

I am a Libertarian in heart but I know its unrealistic. That said I tend to favor Rand Paul right now even though he isn't perfect and I honestly haven't done all my homework.

It's Mike would know better than me, but I'm pretty sure they recently cut their federal budget, proof that you can have a giant federal healthcare program without collapsing in debt...

It helps when you don't have to blow billions on perpetual military entanglements and borrow from the Chinese to defend the South Koreans against the Chinese...

TK

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.19 @ 02:34 AM
    Liked 11,978 Times in 6,730 Posts

I fear those on the political right would go a little crazy up here at times. Our conservatives think like democrats on many issues. We're much more into subsidizing things by the Govt (ie university tuition is mainly paid by the Govt, universal health care, etc).

That said, we have far less of an issue with those living off of the system than you see stateside. There is some to be sure but nothing like you see in parts of the States. And our current leader does seem to have at least somewhat of an interest in running a balanced budget.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 09:46 PM
    Liked 161 Times in 68 Posts

Yes, Its Mike is from Canada. Its snows a lot in the great white north.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by pickslide View Post
    It's Mike would know better than me, but I'm pretty sure they recently cut their federal budget, proof that you can have a giant federal healthcare program without collapsing in debt...

It helps when you don't have to blow billions on perpetual military entanglements and borrow from the Chinese to defend the South Koreans against the Chinese...

TK
    The last budget didn't really cut spending (i think it stayed basically at current levels). The biggest points of it were to start closing tax loopholes, and to get more aggressive with those hiding money overseas.

Over the next couple of years it looks like they're going to try to bring down the cost (and not necessarily the size) of the civil service. Things like moving to defined contribution pension (instead of defined benefit), raises more alligned with ability to pay, etc. Basically trying to run it more like a business.

Health care is handled at a provincial level actually (though a lot of the funding does come from Ottawa). Some of the provinces have huge surpluses, the one I live in (Ontario) has been run by idiots for the past few years though and we're swimming in debt. But nothing that some minor cuts won't fix quickly (not that our politicians are capable of agreeing on them). And the federal govt should be back to running surpluses by 2015/16 and hopefully starting paying back some of the moey we've set on fire these past few years. Even my province claims the same but i'll believe it when i see it.

Your second paragraph is key, we don't have near the military budget you guys have and that helps a lot. Though we have expanded it greatly in recent years due to the war in Afghanistan but that'll come down now that it's coming to a close.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

remember, we're only nice to Americans because we think you're armed. Once you move up here we'll treat you terribly.

Actually the "nice Canadian thing" is starting to go away in many places. The idiots who go to Buffalo for football games for instance used to have the "nice Canadians" rep. Now it's becming a "drunken loser" rep. Hopefully that changes soon and it's not the rep the rest of the States is getting of us.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 6,730 Times in 3,502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    remember, we're only nice to Americans because we think you're armed. Once you move up here we'll treat you terribly.

Actually the "nice Canadian thing" is starting to go away in many places. The idiots who go to Buffalo for football games for instance used to have the "nice Canadians" rep. Now it's becming a "drunken loser" rep. Hopefully that changes soon and it's not the rep the rest of the States is getting of us.
    Well a Canadian Drunken Loser are still as polite as a Mormon so I don't have a problem with that.

I am just so sick and tired of the people here. Sick of our politicians who don't do squat. Sick of the ignorance our country breeds. This whole Trayvon case finally hit home that people here just want to be victims. They don't want to take responsibility or accountability. Considering one party caters to this behavior and they don't look like they are losing power just makes me think "If I have to live in a liberal country, Canada is the better option." At least you went through the growing pains. Plus your citizens appear to have some idea of what it is to be civilized.

Plus I can still see my Browns play in Buffalo every once in awhile and can catch the Tribe in Toronto.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.19 @ 08:04 PM
    Liked 2,392 Times in 1,615 Posts

What, nobody likes someplace like Tahiti or Bora Bora?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

[QUOTE=It's Mike;1626810]
    Health care is handled at a provincial level actually (though a lot of the funding does come from Ottawa). Some of the provinces have huge surpluses, the one I live in (Ontario) has been run by idiots for the past few years though and we're swimming in debt. But nothing that some minor cuts won't fix quickly (not that our politicians are capable of agreeing on them). And the federal govt should be back to running surpluses by 2015/16 and hopefully starting paying back some of the moey we've set on fire these past few years. Even my province claims the same but i'll believe it when i see it.
    QUOTE]

Two more bonus points for the Great White North. I did not know healthcare was handled at the provincial level and, apparently, neither did anyone in Washington or our media.

That's also why I like Switzerland. They have a lot of social welfare crap going on, but they also run it mainly from the canons, and they have an extremely low marginal income tax for corporations. Much more "federalist" in the revolutionary sense of that word than we arrogant and misguided yanks.

TK
    Last edited by pickslide; 07.19.13 at 11:39 AM.