Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 07:42 PM
    Liked 5,986 Times in 3,257 Posts

Premium Member

Default Female Journalist Gang-Raped During Cairo Demonstrations

A Dutch journalist was gang-raped by several men in Cairo’s Tahrir Square a few days ago, Egyptian media reported on Sunday.

“A Dutch journalist in Tahrir was raped by men who dub themselves revolutionists. Her condition is severe and she is hospitalized,” reported Dina Zakaria, a journalist reporting for the Egypt 25 News.

Egyptian opposition protesters celebrate on July 1, 2013 in Cairo’s landmark Tahrir square after Egypt’s armed forces gave President Mohamed Morsi 48 hours to meet the demands of the people or it would intervene with a roadmap. The statement comes a day after millions took to the street demanding that Morsi resigns. An official from Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood said the powerful movement was ‘studying’ the army’s statement. Egypt is deeply divided between Morsi’s Islamist supporters and a broad-based opposition.

More from Ynetnews

Meanwhile, a state hospital issued a statement that the journalist was admitted after being raped by five men several days ago. She underwent surgery and has been released. It was also reported that Egypt’s Prosecutor General Talaat Abdallah ordered his staff to go to the hospital to hear the woman’s story and reveal the circumstances behind the violent attack.

Egyptian women face sexual harassment and assaults on a daily basis. During and after the revolution, there have been a number of case of foreign reporters who were sexually assaulted, such as Sonia Dridi and Lara Logan.

Sexual harassment is not new within the conservative Egyptian society, yet the extent of this phenomenon has grown and become more violent and visible. The Egyptian law defines assault as a crime, but not sexual assault.

As TheBlaze previously reported, hundreds of thousands of opponents of Egypt’s Islamist president poured out onto the streets in Cairo and across much of the nation Sunday, launching an all-out push to force Mohammed Morsi from office on the one-year anniversary of his inauguration. Fears of violence were high, with Morsi’s Islamist supporters vowing to defend him.

The main headquarters of Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood were also attacked as opponents pelted it with stones and firebombs until a raging fire erupted in the walled villa. During clashes, Brotherhood supporters opened fire on the attackers, and activists said three protesters were killed.,7...399041,00.html
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 07.01.13 at 06:14 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 811 Times in 559 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Egyptian women face sexual harassment and assaults on a daily basis. During and after the revolution, there have been a number of case of foreign reporters who were sexually assaulted, such as Sonia Dridi and Lara Logan.
    If this is common knowledge, maybe whoever is responsible for assigning these women to this country should be charged with something, too. I can't believe a woman would go willingly, well, just about anywhere in the Middle East...

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 10,923 Times in 5,365 Posts

Premium Member

A camel has more rights than a women does in many parts of the Middle East.

If I was a female journalist, you couldn't pay me enough to fucking go there.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.20.16 @ 11:42 AM
    Liked 1,370 Times in 689 Posts

When I saw the headline, I was thinking "why would someone resurrect the Lara Logan thread?"

CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

10.21.16 @ 07:39 PM
    Liked 872 Times in 510 Posts

Rascist stereo-typical comment. observation/affirmation. opinion. solution.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch