Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default Pork: The other terrorism deterrent

    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  2. #2
    Master Bluesman Elwood P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.02
    Location
    1060 W. Addison, Chicago
    Posts
    6,043
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Likes
    1,761
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    That serious?

    With the shortage of bullets in the US, thanks to Mr. O., you probably can't buy them anyway.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

    "Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

    Rawhide in "A"

    OAA

  3. #3
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,861
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    799
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Kinda cynical and racist, given that you are about 99.99% more likely to be attacked by a non-Muslim than a Muslim. And if you aren't Muslim and don't believe the bit about the pork, then the ammo serves no point except to make a rather silly quasi-political statement.

    If I ever have to shoot someone, I want to neutralize him, and pork doesn't help that.

    TK

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,924
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Likes
    3,510
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

    Default

    I thought the bullets were laced with pork, not MADE of pork.

    It can kill you just as dead as a real bullet was my understanding, just with the little added benefit of putting fear into the enemy that they are going to hell for having pork in them.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    46
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,144
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 06:01 PM
    Likes
    140
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Delicious AND Deadly

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,328
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 04:22 AM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    This picture actually makes me sad.


    Always loved Piglet.



    STOP POINTING THE GUNS AT PIGLET!!!!!!!!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  8. #8
    Unchained VF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.08.07
    Age
    28
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    528
    Last Online

    10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default I don't mean to ruin this thread with facts, but...

    I think I just lost a few IQ points.
    Muslims are allowed to eat pork if it is necessary to survive and pork bullets won't to anything to their faith that plain bullets wouldn't.
    There have been rumors historically of pork coated bullets being used against muslims in India and the Philippians, but even that is false. The rumors likely started because muskets needed tallow to ease loading and grease at the time was animal/pork based.
    People always seem to fit into the category of denying that there is anything wrong with islam as some practice it or are completely intolerant of islam no matter how it is practiced. Why can't people confront the problem directly without making generalizations?


    "out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    10.12.09
    Posts
    1,872
    Last Online

    05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VF5150 View Post
    I think I just lost a few IQ points.
    Muslims are allowed to eat pork if it is necessary to survive and pork bullets won't to anything to their faith that plain bullets wouldn't.
    There have been rumors historically of pork coated bullets being used against muslims in India and the Philippians, but even that is false. The rumors likely started because muskets needed tallow to ease loading and grease at the time was animal/pork based.
    People always seem to fit into the category of denying that there is anything wrong with islam as some practice it or are completely intolerant of islam no matter how it is practiced. Why can't people confront the problem directly without making generalizations?
    I refer to it as a false dichotomy and the more I research it, the more I believe it's a human condition (or it's deeply ingrained in our experience enough to be considered a human condition).

    Example: George W. Bush, "You're either with us or against us." All the way back to Jesus, "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." (Matt 12:30).

    One of the first lessons we learn in kindergarten is finding opposites.

    Chunks of our lives revolve around either/or dichotomies.

    Bucking the belief is difficult and those who do often are faced with scorn from two sides.

    That's why. You can either agree with what I'm saying, or you are a moron. (See what I did there?)

  10. #10
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    10.12.09
    Posts
    1,872
    Last Online

    05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    What was I thinking? The biggest false dichotomy of all, of course, is: Sam or Dave?

  11. #11
    Unchained VF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.08.07
    Age
    28
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    528
    Last Online

    10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToddE View Post
    I refer to it as a false dichotomy and the more I research it, the more I believe it's a human condition (or it's deeply ingrained in our experience enough to be considered a human condition).

    Example: George W. Bush, "You're either with us or against us." All the way back to Jesus, "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." (Matt 12:30).

    One of the first lessons we learn in kindergarten is finding opposites.

    Chunks of our lives revolve around either/or dichotomies.

    Bucking the belief is difficult and those who do often are faced with scorn from two sides.

    That's why. You can either agree with what I'm saying, or you are a moron. (See what I did there?)
    Yeah, the either or dichotomy is very classical in nature. It fits perfectly into Newton's pristine physics and the perceptual systems enhanced by the absolute nature of a print culture. Or even the dominant function in classical harmony.

    I believe what you are saying fits better into an eastern dualistic model, and is more like quantum theory and the particle/wave duality of matter. There is part of one in the other.

    We create models and then mistake our models for the underlying nature of reality. We drink from the river then we turn around and put up our walls.

    To quantize, one must reduce in complexity.



    "out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

  12. #12
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    10.12.09
    Posts
    1,872
    Last Online

    05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VF5150 View Post
    Yeah, the either or dichotomy is very classical in nature. It fits perfectly into Newton's pristine physics and the perceptual systems enhanced by the absolute nature of a print culture. Or even the dominant function in classical harmony.

    I believe what you are saying fits better into an eastern dualistic model, and is more like quantum theory and the particle/wave duality of matter. There is part of one in the other.

    We create models and then mistake our models for the underlying nature of reality. We drink from the river then we turn around and put up our walls.

    To quantize, one must reduce in complexity.

    I have no idea what you said, but I love the way you said it.

    What is an eastern dualistic model? Is this philosophy? Religion?

  13. #13
    Unchained VF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.08.07
    Age
    28
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    528
    Last Online

    10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToddE View Post
    I have no idea what you said, but I love the way you said it.

    What is an eastern dualistic model? Is this philosophy? Religion?
    Lol thanks.
    I am talking ideas that are the building blocks of cultures. It seems to me that western thinking is more one way or another about stuff like that. It also seems to me that eastern thinking entertains different simultaneous truths/perspectives that appear contrary. Think yin yang, or Schrodinger's cat. Or the Rush lyric, "sometimes the truth is contrary".

    I want to read eastern philosophy because I don't really know about it. Buddhism might be closer to a philosophy than a religion. Maybe its both?


    "out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,924
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Likes
    3,510
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

    Default

    I was just reading about it on the site Islamic World (lol, I am sure the NSA is checking me out now), and they draw a line from eating pork to becoming a homosexual and or having children out of wedlock in about three sentences.

    Pretty impressive writing, they put those Westboro idiots to shame.

    I can't even believe we have anything to do with these idiots in the Middle East. They want to live in the twelth century, I say let them.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  15. #15
    Good Enough pickslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,861
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 01:09 PM
    Likes
    799
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I was just reading about it on the site Islamic World (lol, I am sure the NSA is checking me out now), and they draw a line from eating pork to becoming a homosexual and or having children out of wedlock in about three sentences.

    Pretty impressive writing, they put those Westboro idiots to shame.

    I can't even believe we have anything to do with these idiots in the Middle East. They want to live in the twelth century, I say let them.
    Amen. by most accounts, we won't even need there oil in ten years, and we get most of it from Canada and Mexico NOW.

    Trouble is, politicians get their rocks off moving pieces around on the geopolitical chess board. So in the end it's really about power rather than oil...

    TK

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Industry group: bacon, pork shortage ‘unavoidable’
    By cyberfiddl in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09.28.12, 08:12 PM
  2. 2008 Pig Book is out - (government pork)
    By VegasVic in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04.15.09, 06:29 AM
  3. Tax Cuts Die, Pork Lives
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.14.08, 10:51 AM
  4. Pointedly Disturbing: Florida Mom Pierces 13yr Old's Genitalia As Sex Deterrent
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10.27.07, 11:19 AM
  5. Sonic Teenager Deterrent - a new weapon
    By Phatie in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02.15.06, 04:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •