Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:04 PM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 1,004 Posts

Premium Member

Default Gary Johnson: Illegal Immigrants are the ‘Cream Of The Crop When It Comes To Workers’

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/on-red-ey...es-to-workers/

Former New Mexico governor and libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson took on StreetCarnage.com writer Gavin McInnes over illegal immigration on Friday night’s Red Eye, with Johnson arguing that those crossing the U.S.-Mexico border were hard workers who were more likely to obey the law.

“We’re getting the cream of the crop when it comes to workers from Mexico,” Johnson said. “And I am speaking having been a border state governor. These are hard-working individuals, that are just in pursuit of the American dream.”

McInnes, who immigrated to the United States legally, mimed disbelief. “The cream of the crop, come on! The drunk driving charges! We’ve got all these hidden charges about murder, pedophilia, infidelity—they can’t even hold a family together.”

“These things do happen, but relative to the citizens of the United States population?” Johnson said. “Much less. Crime, much less than citizens of the United States…They’re walking on eggshells.”

At this point, McInnes feigned a heart attack. “Maybe in South Chicago or Detroit.”

“He’s right about the statistics,” host Greg Gutfeld said. “Because they’re so scared of being deported, they actually don’t commit crimes.”

“They’re not scared of being deported,” McGinnes said. “They go to City Hall with signs saying, ‘This is BS! I don’t care if you know I’m an illegal! I’m shameless.’”

“They can’t fit all that on one sign,” said Bill Schulz.

“I think attrition is the key,” McInnes said later in the segment. “You just have to make it a little more uncomfortable to employ illegals, and they go home with their tail between their legs in droves.”

“And if you lay this on the employers, it becomes grossly unfair because for the most part they’re presenting false documentation,” Johnson rebutted. “They end up paying taxes that they never lay claim to.”
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

if you're a worker who's in a country illegally and your employer is one call from getting your ass in huge trouble then, yes, you tend to be a really good (aka scared) worker. Employers love employees with no rights. They are fantastic.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:57 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Gavin McInnes is funny, but wrong here.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 11,740 Times in 6,504 Posts

Premium Member

What the so called "Gang Of Eight" has put together is an abomination. 70 House Republicans have put their necks on the line to oppose this bill. The pressure is on "Establishment Republican" Boehner to not bring the bill to the floor without majority Republican support. This bill is 10 times worse than the one the country rejected in 2006 and is nothing but a pork filled amnesty bill on steroids. The Sunday political talk shows will be featuring debates on this issue since the vote is tomorrow. Here is a listing of who's on where if anyone is interested. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...n-Sunday-Shows

IT MUST BE STOPPED!

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Another politician swinging from the dick of illegal immigrant votes. Fucking criminals, every single one of them.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:03 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    if you're a worker who's in a country illegally and your employer is one call from getting your ass in huge trouble then, yes, you tend to be a really good (aka scared) worker. Employers love employees with no rights. They are fantastic.
    first thing I thought of was that Paula Deen interview where she was talking about race relations in the south and her great grandfather who shot himself in the barn after losing all his slaves after the war

paraphrasing her now but she said racism is probably lower in the South because the black people during slavery were like part of the family

un hmmm the part of the family that works for you without choice or pay, and whose children you can sell off or trade for horses...slaves were "good workers" too

as an aside I get the feeling that Paula Deen is not so much racist as just naïve, dim and uninformed

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

IMMIGRATION BILL EASILY CLEARS KEY SENATE TEST – HERE ARE THE 15 REPUBLICANS WHO VOTED YES

WASHINGTON (TheBlaze/AP) — Highly debated immigration legislation cleared a key Senate hurdle with votes to spare on Monday, pointing the way to near-certain passage within days for $38 billion worth of future security measures along the border with Mexico and an unprecedented chance at citizenship for millions living in the country illegally.

The vote was 67-27, seven more than the 60 needed, with 15 Republicans agreeing to advance legislation at the top of President Barack Obama’s second-term domestic agenda.

Here are the 15 Republican senators who voted in favor of invoking cloture on the amendment, according to the Weekly Standard:

Lamar Alexander
    Kelly Ayotte
    Jeffrey Chiesa
    Susan Collins
    Bob Corker
    Jeff Flake
    Lindsey Graham
    Orrin Hatch

Dean Heller
    John Hoeven
    Mark Kirk
    John McCain
    Lisa Murkowski
    Marco Rubio
    Roger Wicker

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, holds a meeting just off the floor of the Senate prior to a vote on a border security amendment to the immigration bill, at the Capitol in Washington, Monday, June 24, 2013. It is a Senate test vote on a bill calling for more than $30 billion worth of new security measures along the border with Mexico and offering a chance at citizenship for millions living in the country illegally. Credit: AP

The vote came as Obama campaigned from the White House for the bill, saying, “now is the time” to overhaul an immigration system that even critics of the legislation agree needs reform.

Last-minute frustration was evident among opponents. In an unusual slap at members of his own party as well as Democrats, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas said it appeared that lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle “very much want a fig leaf” on border security to justify a vote for immigration.

“We have seen this play before, it is reminiscent of Obamacare,” Cruz said on the Senate floor Monday. “Yet another bill that we were told we’ve got to pass it to find out what’s in it.”

Senate passage on Thursday or Friday would send the issue to the House, where conservative Republicans in the majority oppose citizenship for anyone living in the country illegally.

Some GOP lawmakers have appealed to Speaker John Boehner not to permit any immigration legislation to come to a vote for fear that whatever its contents, it would open the door to an unpalatable compromise with the Senate. At the same time, the House Judiciary Committee is in the midst of approving a handful of measures related to immigration, action that ordinarily is a prelude to votes in the full House.

“Now is the time to do it,” Obama said at the White House before meeting with nine business executives who support a change in immigration laws. He added, “I hope that we can get the strongest possible vote out of the Senate so that we can then move to the House and get this done before the summer break” beginning in early August.

He said the measure would be good for the economy, for business and for workers who are “oftentimes exploited at low wages.”

As for the overall economy, he said, “I think every business leader here feels confident that they’ll be in a stronger position to continue to innovate, to continue to invest, to continue to create jobs and ensure that this continues to be the land of opportunity for generations to come.”

Opponents saw it otherwise. “It will encourage more illegal immigration and must be stopped,” Cruz exhorted supporters via email, urging them to contact their own senators with a plea to defeat the measure.

Leaving little to chance, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced it was launching a new seven-figure ad buy Monday in support of the bill. “Call Congress. End de facto amnesty. Create jobs and economic growth by supporting conservative immigration reforms,” the ad said.

Senate officials said some changes were still possible to the bill before it leaves the Senate – alterations that would swell the vote total.

At the same time, Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., who voted to advance the measure during the day, said he may yet end up opposing it unless he wins a pair of changes he is seeking.

Senate Democrats were unified on the vote.

Republicans were anything but on a bill that some party leaders say offers the GOP a chance to show a more welcoming face to Hispanic voters, yet tea party-aligned lawmakers assail as amnesty for those who have violated the law.

The party’s two top Senate leaders, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and John Cornyn of Texas, voted against advancing the measure. Both are seeking new terms next year.

Among potential 2016 GOP presidential contenders, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida was an enthusiastic supporter of the bill, while Cruz and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky were opposed.

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has estimated the legislation will reduce the deficit and increase economic growth in each of the next two decades. It is also predicting unemployment will rise slightly through 2020, and that average wages will move lower over a decade.

At its core, the legislation in the Senate would create a 13-year pathway to citizenship for an estimated 11 million immigrants living illegally in the United States. It also calls for billions of dollars to be spent on manpower and technology to secure the 2,000-mile border with Mexico, including a doubling of the Border Patrol with 20,000 new agents.

Opponents to the bill, including Sen. Cruz, say the bill makes border security promises that may never come to fruition.

The measure also would create a new program for temporary farm laborers to come into the country, and another for lower-skilled workers to emigrate permanently. At the same time, it calls for an expansion of an existing visa program for highly-skilled workers, a gesture to high tech companies that rely heavily on foreigners.

In addition to border security, the measure phases in a mandatory program for employers to verify the legal status of potential workers, and separate effort to track the comings and goings of foreigners at some of the nation’s airports.

The legislation was originally drafted by a bipartisan Gang of 8, four senators from each party who negotiated a series of political trade-offs over several months.

The addition of the tougher border security provisions came after CBO informed lawmakers that they could potentially spend tens of billions of dollars to sweeten the bill without fearing higher deficits.

The result was a series of changes negotiated between the Gang of 8 and Republican Sens. John Hoeven of North Dakota and Bob Corker of Tennessee. Different, lesser-noticed provisions helped other lawmakers swing behind the measure.

In a speech on the Senate floor, Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, likened some of them to “earmarks,” the now-banned practice of directing federal funds to the pet projects of individual lawmakers.

He cited a provision creating a $1.5 billion jobs fund for low-income youth and pair of changes to benefit the seafood processing industry in Alaska. Sen. Bernard Sanders, I-Vt., issued a statement on Friday trumpeting the benefits of the first; Alaska Sens. Lisa Murkowski, a Republican, and Mark Begich, a Democrat, took credit for the two others.

Grassley also raised questions about the origin of a detailed list of planes, sensors, cameras and other equipment to be placed along the southern border.

“Who provided the amendment sponsors with this list?” asked Grassley, who is a member of the Judiciary Committee that approved an earlier version of the bill. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano “did not provide the committee with any list. Did Sikorsky, Cessna and Northrup Grumann send up a wish list to certain members of the Senate?”
    Randy Belote, a spokesman for Northrup Grumann, said in an email the firm has “not had the opportunity to review the comments nor… provided the committee a ‘wish list’ of its systems to consider.”

Officials at the other two companies did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...y-senate-test/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 06.25.13 at 03:17 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

I'm not condoning illegal immigrants...if they want to live, work and enjoy the benefits of the country - please become a citizen and contribute to society in various manners (taxes being one) for the priviledges you enjoy (schools, police, roads, etc). It's pretty easy to do - and most countries will welcome you in!

This said - I've heard from many, many, many people that they prefer (specifically) Mexican workers...they work hard, do quality work, don't bitch about it, are polite and gracious.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'm not condoning illegal immigrants...if they want to live, work and enjoy the benefits of the country - please become a citizen and contribute to society in various manners (taxes being one) for the priviledges you enjoy (schools, police, roads, etc). It's pretty easy to do - and most countries will welcome you in!

This said - I've heard from many, many, many people that they prefer (specifically) Mexican workers...they work hard, do quality work, don't bitch about it, are polite and gracious.
    I'm sure many of those people will fire them in a heartbeat if they have to pay them wages on par with the legal workforce. These people are hired because they can be payed much lower wages. Illegal immigration hurts everybody.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I'm sure many of those people will fire them in a heartbeat if they have to pay them wages on par with the legal workforce. These people are hired because they can be payed much lower wages. Illegal immigration hurts everybody.
    i imagine you're right about this.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Ignorant comment of the year. You and It's Mike commenting on American issues
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    Ignorant comment of the year. You and It's Mike commenting on American issues
    you know where you can stick that eyeroll.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

You can stick everything up your ass Mike, and it will probably all fit too.
    Hedberg

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Hmmm, now that sounds familiar..!
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    Hmmm, now that sounds familiar..!

It's pretty amazing when you see things likes Dickpunch have that sort of opinion. The "you're not from here so you can't have an opinion" thing. He should get used to it though as I don't imagine the links will be having an American only posters policy anytime soon. And we'll need to get used to characters like him as the links clearly doesn't have a no douchebags policy.