Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:20 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

Default Food Network won't renew Paula Deen's contract

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — The Food Network said Friday it's dumping Paula Deen, barely an hour after the celebrity cook posted the first of two videotaped apologies online begging forgiveness from fans and critics troubled by her admission to having used racial slurs in the past.

The 66-year-old Savannah kitchen celebrity has been swamped in controversy since court documents filed this week revealed Deen told an attorney questioning her under oath last month that she has used the N-word. "Yes, of course," Deen said, though she added, "It's been a very long time."
    The Food Network, which made Deen a star with "Paula's Home Cooking" in 2002 and later "Paula's Home Cooking" in 2008, weighed in with a terse statement Friday afternoon.
    "Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month," the statement said. Network representatives declined further comment. A representative for Deen did not immediately return phone and email messages seeking comment on the decision.
    The news came as Deen worked to repair the damage to her image, which has spawned a vast empire of cookbooks, a bimonthly cooking magazine, a full line of cookware, food items like spices and even furniture.

She abruptly canceled a scheduled interview on NBC's "Today" show Friday morning, instead opting for a direct appeal via online video — one that allowed her and her staff complete control of what she said and how she said it.
    "Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable," Deen said in the first 45-second video posted on YouTube. "I've made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners - I beg for your forgiveness."
    Deen adopted a solemn tone as she looked straight into the camera. Still, her recorded apology featured three obvious edits — with the picture quickly fading out between splices — during a statement just five sentences long.

It was soon scrapped and replaced with a second video of Deen talking unedited for nearly two minutes as she insists: "Your color of your skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me."

"''I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press is wanting to say we are," Deen says in the later video. "The pain has been tremendous that I have caused to myself and to others."
    Deen never mentions Food Network or its decision to drop her in either of her online videos.
    Deen initially planned to give her first interview on the controversy Friday to the "Today" show, which promoted her scheduled appearance as a live exclusive. Instead, host Matt Lauer ended up telling viewers that Deen's representatives pulled the plug because she was exhausted after her flight to New York. Deen said in her video she was "physically not able" to appear.

Court records show Deen sat down for a deposition May 17 in a discrimination lawsuit filed last year by a former employee who managed Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House, a Savannah restaurant owned by Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers. The ex-employee, Lisa Jackson, says she was sexually harassed and worked in a hostile environment rife with innuendo and racial slurs.
    During the deposition, Deen was peppered with questions about her racial attitudes. At one point she's asked if she thinks jokes using the N-word are "mean." Deen says jokes often target minority groups and "I can't, myself, determine what offends another person."
    Deen also acknowledged she briefly considered hiring all black waiters for her brother's 2007 wedding, an idea inspired by the staff at a restaurant she had visited with her husband. She insisted she quickly dismissed the idea.

But she also insisted she and her brother have no tolerance for bigotry.
    "Bubba and I, neither one of us, care what the color of your skin is" or what gender a person is, Deen said. "It's what's in your heart and in your head that matters to us."

http://news.yahoo.com/food-network-w...3BtaA--;_ylv=3
    My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:18 AM
    Liked 6,832 Times in 3,574 Posts

Premium Member

Default Bye bye Y'all!

She was great when she first started and was a plain woman just cooking in her kitchen, but then she morphed into a fake celebrity cow. I can't stand the sight of her anymore. Good riddance to The Lady... she blew it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Some people are defending her. "I just don't know what will offend people."

Maybe our world is becoming more PC, but if you want to keep your job, play by the rules. Even if you don't like it. Especially in media; you simply have to be careful.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Good... Is there anyone more annoying than this bint? Her voice could curdle cement.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    Good... Is there anyone more annoying than this bint? Her voice could curdle cement.
    More annoying, yes
    Whoopi
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Oprah
    Rosanne Barr
    Michelle Obama
    Madonna
    Any Kardashian
    The cast of Glee
    American Idol
    Jake from Statefarm
    Flow
    dibblekins

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:04 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 87 Posts

Ha, just now channel surfing..guide shows paulas best dishes on, but Giada instead. Wondsr how it will effect her sons show she shows up on? Yes im kind of food nw nerd.
    Dealing with it.

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    More annoying, yes
    Whoopi
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Oprah
    Rosanne Barr
    Michelle Obama
    Madonna
    Any Kardashian
    The cast of Glee
    American Idol
    Jake from Statefarm
    Flow
    dibblekins
    How is Jake from Statefarm annoying? He was just doin his job...that nutso wife is the annoying one.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    Some people are defending her. "I just don't know what will offend people."

Maybe our world is becoming more PC, but if you want to keep your job, play by the rules. Even if you don't like it. Especially in media; you simply have to be careful.
    I don't get what the big deal is. She said this admittedly some 40 years ago. So did my grandmother. When does the statute of limitations run out on this type of thing? Haven't you or I ever said anything we regret?

At least she didn't lie about it. And, how many times have whites been called "honkies" or "whitey" or "pinky"?

I think everyone is overreacting to this. And when she gets a show on the Cooking Channel or somewhere else, Food Network will wish they hadn't acted in such haste.

To me, this is far less offensive than having Sandra Lee (yes, I watch this shit occasionally with the wife) make a freakin' Kwanzaa Cake that looked like horseshit packed with frosting. Talk about pandering.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

More annoying, yes
    Whoopi
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Oprah
    Rosanne Barr
    Michelle Obama
    Madonna
    Any Kardashian
    The cast of Glee
    American Idol
    Jake from Statefarm
    Flow
    dibblekins
    I'm offended! Not even at the TOP of the list?!?

Note to self: Must try harder.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:13 AM
    Liked 7,853 Times in 4,586 Posts

Premium Member

More annoying, yes
    Whoopi
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Oprah
    Rosanne Barr
    Michelle Obama
    Madonna
    Any Kardashian
    The cast of Glee
    American Idol
    Jake from Statefarm
    Flow
    dibblekins
    Why?

Because you do not possess the intellectual capability to counter her point of view? She must really have gotten under your skin and it's quite flattering that she has this impact on you to mention her.

It's ok dude. Make modifications to your caveman women-hating skills and someday you too will come to appreciate a strong-minded intelligent woman. They're definitely an asset to a man's life.

If you feel the need in the future to make a snide remark about her then PM me and we can have it out if you're man enough and not easily offended.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    I don't get what the big deal is. She said this admittedly some 40 years ago. So did my grandmother. When does the statute of limitations run out on this type of thing? Haven't you or I ever said anything we regret?

At least she didn't lie about it. And, how many times have whites been called "honkies" or "whitey" or "pinky"?

I think everyone is overreacting to this. And when she gets a show on the Cooking Channel or somewhere else, Food Network will wish they hadn't acted in such haste.

To me, this is far less offensive than having Sandra Lee (yes, I watch this shit occasionally with the wife) make a freakin' Kwanzaa Cake that looked like horseshit packed with frosting. Talk about pandering.
    From what I've read, the lawsuit stems from an issue in 2007, not 40 years ago. She told the woman filing the suit what she would ideally have "little n-----s" wear for a wedding reception.

Come on. You mean to tell me that's an appropriate thing for a professional 60 year old woman to say? I don't. A lot of people are saying, "Well she's 60, how many people her age say those things because of the times?" Not too many people in the media do except for behind closed doors.

And I don't see this as a big loss for Food Network. She was one (albeit popular) figure of a very large amount on the channel. They'll be fine.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Why?

Because you do not possess the intellectual capability to counter her point of view? She must really have gotten under your skin and it's quite flattering that she has this impact on you to mention her.

It's ok dude. Make modifications to your caveman women-hating skills and someday you too will come to appreciate a strong-minded intelligent woman. They're definitely an asset to a man's life.

If you feel the need in the future to make a snide remark about her then PM me and we can have it out if you're man enough and not easily offended.

Chris, I like you man, but I really don't think sickman was throwing her under the bus. Looked like a friendly jab to me. You guys know I love dibs but I thought it was funny.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Why?

I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:13 AM
    Liked 7,853 Times in 4,586 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post

Chris, I like you man, but I really don't think sickman was throwing her under the bus. Looked like a friendly jab to me. You guys know I love dibs but I thought it was funny.
    Dude I like you too but you know what you can do with those roll eyes?

I'm in no mood today for a "friendly jab" at the expense of her ok? We have ALOT on our plate and she is going through a tough time if you bothered to read her FB posts which you don't apparently. You would have seen what she is going through. I'm sorry if I'm not in a charitable mood.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Dude I like you too but you know what you can do with those roll eyes?

I'm in no mood today for a "friendly jab" at the expense of her ok? We have ALOT on our plate and she is going through a tough time if you bothered to read her FB posts which you don't apparently. You would have seen what she is going through. I'm sorry if I'm not in a charitable mood.
    Alrighty.