Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Default Just another conspiracy theory...Or not???

I thought this was interesting, given that a lot of us have been discussing conspiracy theories lately, and whether they're justified or not...

It seems that the disaster that befell TWA Flight 800 might not have been a straightforward 'crash' after all...

http://news.sky.com/story/1105820/tw...want-new-probe
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Ooops! I should've copied and pasted the article in my original post. Apologies! Here it is:

Wednesday, 19th June, 2013

By Sky News US Team, in New York

Calls have been made for a new inquiry into the 1996 crash of a TWA jet off the coast of New York amid fresh claims that a missile was involved.

TWA Flight 800 came down just minutes after taking off from JFK airport, killing all 230 people on board.

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) concluded that a centre fuel tank explosion, sparked by faulty wiring, was to blame.

However, former investigators now say that new evidence points to the often-discounted theory that a missile had been fired at the aircraft, which was destined for Paris.

The investigators raise doubts about the NTSB's findings in a documentary out next month to coincide with the 17th anniversary of the crash.
    The re-assembled shell of TWA flight #800Re-assembled sections of the jumbo set sit in a hangar
    In a petition seeking to reopen the probe, they say they have "reviewed the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) radar evidence along with new evidence not available to the NTSB during the official investigation".

Those calling for a review of the investigation include former NTSB accident investigator Hank Hughes and Bob Young, a former senior accident investigator for the now-defunct airline.

Tom Stalcup, a physicist and co-founder of a group called Flight 800 Independent Researchers Organisation, also questions the NTSB's original findings and is featured prominently in the documentary.

The NTSB said it was aware of the documentary.

Agency spokeswoman Kelly Nantel said: "All petitions for reconsideration are thoroughly reviewed, and a determination is usually made within about 60 days."

She added: "While the NTSB rarely re-investigates issues that have already been examined, our investigations are never closed and we can review any new information not previously considered by the board."

Ms Nantel noted the TWA Flight 800 investigation lasted four years.

"Investigators took great care reviewing, documenting and analysing facts and data and held a five-day hearing to gather additional facts before determining the probable cause of the accident during a two-day board meeting," she said.

The former investigators calling for a new probe contend that the testimony of more than 200 witnesses who reported seeing streaks of light headed toward the plane should be reconsidered.

The NTSB said after the first investigation that it found no evidence of a missile strike.

It explained that what witnesses saw was probably the jet pitching upward in the first few moments after the explosion, but some witnesses still maintain that the streak of light they saw came from the waterline.

John Seaman, the leader of an organisation of TWA 800 victims' families, said there have been several attempts over the years to reopen the investigation.

"Unless something was to develop that would be very clear and compelling, then a lot of these interested parties are not really helpful," said Mr Seaman, whose niece died on the flight.

"They reopen wounds," he said of the petitioners. "Personally I can't keep going over it again and again. I think most families feel that way."
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I don't recall the number of witnesses being that high, but I remember at the time thinking that there were quite a few crazies who swore that there was a missile. Maybe they were right. I'd like to know what people's explanations are as to why someone would shoot that plane down, whether on purpose or unintentionally.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO...ASSENGERS.html

Beatty, Charles, 50, senior systems engineer with the Naval
    Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va.; of Spotsylvania, Va.

The Dahlgren Division is a Navy Research and Development Center
    located 50 miles east of Washington DC. The work mainly involves
    the development of requirements and software to support the AEGIS US
    Naval ships. The Weapon System computer program generates commands for
    the control of Standard Missiles, Harpoon missiles, 5' guns,
    interceptor aircraft, ASW aircraft, and helicopters and to furnish
    designation data for the 20mm Phalanx and 5" gun weapon systems. The
    FCS directs illumination on the target for missile homing.

Ed Note: Espionage scenario. Check out Aegis missile system.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCrappy View Post
    I don't recall the number of witnesses being that high, but I remember at the time thinking that there were quite a few crazies who swore that there was a missile. Maybe they were right. I'd like to know what people's explanations are as to why someone would shoot that plane down, whether on purpose or unintentionally.
    http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO...TATEMENTS.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Planes just dont blow up because they have been sitting on the tarmac with the a/c going, otherwise this would be happening every summer all over the place... this story has always been bullshit since the moment I heard it. I believe this was one of America's first aviation terrorist attacks and believe me, I have read hundreds of pages on this particular crash. It very well could have been a military accident but at the very least this is a massive cover-up. What other plane crash in American aviation history has had a 4 year investigation by the NTSB that was eventually halted/ended by the FBI? It stinks and always has.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

A site entitled "What Really Happened" sends up red flags in my head. I will, respectfully, decline to accept your invitation to visit.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

Well I do know that the US Navy shot down an Iranian commercial plane during the Iran/Iraq war. Granted that was about 10 years before this but I guess it could happen again.

The only question about terrorism is that nobody claimed it or at least from what I remember. Most of the time numerous groups claim responsibility. Maybe somebody has since then (didn't go to the site) but I honestly can't remember.

Anyway I do remember that the case was never a slam dunk even before the advent of message boards and such on the internet. There was always this "we don't know WTF happened" fog to it.