Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:32 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Default Mick Jagger, Rock Icon, Closet Conservative?

Mick, his meetings with Maggie and how ballet keeps him fit at 69: Rolling Stones frontman makes frank admissions in interview

Sir Mick has admitted to at least two one-to-one meetings with Baroness Thatcher

He admitted being impressed by the Tory leader who 'didn't change for
    anyone'

Back in his 1960s heyday, he was idolised as the ultimate hellraising rock and roll rebel.

But Sir Mick Jagger’s anti-establishment credentials have been dealt something of a blow after the singer confessed he enjoyed meetings with the late Margaret Thatcher.

His admission that he relies on ballet to help him stay in shape might not do too much for his wild image either.
    In a frank interview with Q Magazine, the 69-year-old appears to have revealed that he is a closet Conservative after decades of refusing to publicly disclose his political allegiances.

The Rolling Stones frontman, who was knighted in 2002, admitted having at least two one-to-one meetings with Lady Thatcher in the 1980s, and also revealed he was left stunned by the negative reaction to the former prime minister’s death this year.

The singer has also admitted being impressed by the Tory leader because she ‘didn’t change for anyone’.
    He said: ‘I was slightly surprised by all the people that were still so anti her and had all this residual resentment.

'In the 80s or early 90s I met her a couple of times. I don’t want to talk about what we talked about, especially now that everybody else is blabbing about her.
    ‘But I reminded her that her first attempt at entering parliament was in Dartford, where I grew up.

'I remembered her when I was ten or something and she was campaigning. She was called Margaret Roberts then.
    ‘She struck me as a peculiar politician. She was quite brittle. Most other politicians like to be liked. 'Most of them, even if you don’t like them before you meet them, are still likeable when you meet them, because that’s their gig – to be liked, and by people like me.

‘And I know she had lessons to make her voice less strident, which is fine, but I don’t really think she changed for anyone.’
    The star also revealed details of his tough fitness regime, which involves training up to six days a week in a bid to maintain his 28in waist and prepare him for the 12 miles he is estimated to cover during a typical stage show.
    He swears by ballet to help his balance, and also studies yoga and pilates.

His routine also includes running eight miles a day, swimming, kickboxing and cycling. The star’s workouts are masterminded by Torje Eike, a Norwegian personal trainer whose previous clients include Olympic athletes and national football teams.
    Sir Mick said: ‘I train five or six days a week, but I don’t go crazy.

'I alternate between gym work and dancing, then I do sprints, things like that. I’m training for stamina.’
    Ahead of a show, he says his routine involves ‘bed early the night before, about 2am. Up at 10am the next morning.

Any earlier, you’ll be too relaxed by showtime.’
    The Rolling Stones are currently in the middle of their 50th anniversary tour, and are scheduled to play at the Glastonbury Festival and in Hyde Park this summer.
    Sir Mick was born into a middle-class family, with his father, Basil ‘Joe’ Jagger, working as a PE teacher, and his mother, Eva, an active member of the Conservative Party.
    However, he became a renowned anti-establishment figure in the 1960s as a result of his band’s hellraising behaviour, which included drug busts and sex scandals

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2W5v4Fk1f
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:58 PM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

fas·ci·nat·ing

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Good thing nobody is forcing you to read it, huh?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

When your paying over 60 percent of your income to taxes that will do it to many. I bet he's liberal on social issues so aka he's libertarian .
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

You know our society is way to fuckin consumed (obsessed) with politics when we care what political ideology our rock and roll stars subscribe to.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:46 PM
    Liked 795 Times in 431 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    You know our society is way to fuckin consumed (obsessed) with politics when we care what political ideology our rock and roll stars subscribe to.
    Much as I like to argue politics, I'll have to second that.

TK

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

The price of tickets for the current Rolling Stones tour is definitely not conservative.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    The price of tickets for the current Rolling Stones tour is definitely not conservative.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

I dunno, maybe only those "rich conservatives" can afford them...

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

When I glanced at the first few words in the title of this thread, I was absolutely certain Jagger was dead.

Who's with me?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

I don't think Jagger's admiration for Thatcher makes him a Conservative (I use the capital 'C', as that was her political party). Like him, I similarly admire a lot about her character and achievements - but I wouldn't describe myself as a Tory - no way, no how.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    I don't think Jagger's admiration for Thatcher makes him a Conservative (I use the capital 'C', as that was her political party). Like him, I similarly admire a lot about her character and achievements - but I wouldn't describe myself as a Tory - no way, no how.
    They obviously wrote the headline the way they did to attract attention. Nobody should take away that he is a Tory from this article because it is just an interesting little item. Remember how it was revealed that Lennon was a supporter of Ronald Reagan? I think every liberal section of NYC suffered a shortage of straight razors that day.