Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Staying classy Catholic Church...

San Diego Domestic Violence Victim Fired From Teaching

Second grade teacher Carie Charlesworth was fired after a domestic violence dispute involving her ex-husband

A San Diego teacher was fired by Holy Trinity School following a domestic violence incident involving her ex-husband.

Second-grade teacher Carie Charlesworth is out of a job, but not for anything she did in the classroom. Her school district considers her a liability and too unsafe to have around following a domestic violence dispute that happened earlier this year.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2W5o7libj
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:00 AM
    Liked 11,786 Times in 6,532 Posts

Premium Member

This is a no win situation and they put the kids first. You can't blame the ENTIRE Catholic Church for the actions of a school in San Diego.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

what exactly did the church do wrong?

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Something similar happened to my piece of shit brother in law. He is a Principal at a High School and was pulled over for running a red light at 2am after leaving a bar with his stripper girlfriend. Police did a field sobriety test and determined he was 2 times over the legal limit. My sister in law had to find a babysitter at 4am in the morning to go bail his ass out of jail. Long story short, he lost his job as he should have. He is supposed to be a role model for the teens at his school. He gives lectures about the importance of not drinking and driving and then goes and gets caught doing it.

The BOE did give him a chance to keep his job if he completed certain speaking engagements to MADD and SADD but he never did it.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 18,176 Times in 8,984 Posts

It sucks for the woman to lose her job, but the school's number one priority, and you would think recent events would make this even more evident, is the protection of the children.

If the school has a legitimate concern that her husband is a threat to her and the students there, I think they are well within their rights to terminate her.

I am no fan of how the Catholic Church at large has administered itself for say, oh, the last thousand years, but based upon what I have read so far, I don't think this is anything to get up in arms over.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It sucks for the woman to lose her job, but the school's number one priority, and you would think recent events would make this even more evident, is the protection of the children.

If the school has a legitimate concern that her husband is a threat to her and the students there, I think they are well within their rights to terminate her.

I am no fan of how the Catholic Church at large has administered itself for say, oh, the last thousand years, but based upon what I have read so far, I don't think this is anything to get up in arms over.
    particuarly since this was a decision made by principal of the school and not by the Catholic Church itself. It wasn't like the Pope signed off on this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 7,894 Times in 4,618 Posts

Premium Member

You know what cracks me up? Every time something happens that has a Catholic component to it, its ALWAYS the "Catholic Church". A teacher got fired from her job. Happens everyday to thousands of people. Its sad when that happens but let's not let an opportunity pass to get in a shot at the Catholic Church! Have to make that quota. Love the title of this thread.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

I know the thread-title (understandably) rankles with our Catholic contingent - but I think Voivod's primary motivation was probably to make use of the pun on, "classy", (you know, with the topic being a 'classroom' teacher..!?)
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:00 AM
    Liked 11,786 Times in 6,532 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    I know the thread-title (understandably) rankles with our Catholic contingent - but I think Voivod's primary motivation was probably to make use of the pun on, "classy", (you know, with the topic being a 'classroom' teacher..!?)
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    I think you're giving him too much credit.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Do you think???

Truly, it was the first thing that occurred to me! But maybe that's because "staying classy" isn't an expression we use very much, I dunno...
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

This is a really tough case... yes, the children's safety must come first...but they are punishing the victim, which is often the case in domestic violence issues. They should have put her on leave until a viable solution could be reached.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    This is a really tough case... yes, the children's safety must come first...but they are punishing the victim, which is often the case in domestic violence issues. They should have put her on leave until a viable solution could be reached.
    It sounds like that was the original move (she's being paid through august).

It would be nice if we just put abusive husbands in jail for life then we wouldn't have these issues.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Wow,really hope this couple get the help and counselling they need.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

This thread is no good without Wruff Ajax.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.