Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

After reading Sammy's chapters 19,20, he touches on that tour in I believe 96, where VH and BJ where on the same bill.Sammy goes into depth about it being a wake up call for Van Halen because the crowd was basically Bon Jovi's crowd.He mentions the fact that sometimes there was no call for a encore, guitar solo or what have you.
    Point being, I have also read that, I am not sure if it was Sammy or another member of Van Halen, that Bon jovi was insecure about Van Halen's show saying they were winning the crowd over, and forced Bon jovi to open with encore songs like "Living on a prayer" or "You give love a bad name".It just sems lately that anyone surrounding Van Halen is saying one story one month(or year} and another different one later.
    One minute Ed has a bill of clean health(as per his statement) then its back, Sam is saying he wants back with VH if they can work it out, then, he is not interested because he is having so much fun with his band, he wouldn't leave them permanately, then you have Dave all positive about a reunion then as the Dave and Sam tour grow to a close, he was sort of singing a different story.
    Has any story or rumor as of late, no matter how major or minor, stayed even remotely the same as a concrete peice of information??
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

I guess you're a new guy on this forum, so you don't know rule #11.
    Never, ever mention that episode again!

Actually never ever mention "B&* J#v$"'s name again! Or maybe u can use the term "that man from New Jersey" if you really have to...

Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

It is impossible for us as fans to know anything concretly from a band that hasn't released music in over 4 years. Unless we were there, we will never know, because all this information is sketchy at best.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Don't really care much for Bon Jovi there guy, just bringing up a point, that at first they went into detail one way and now its another.
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well remember, that was some shows VH opened for Bon Jovi in EUROPE. Big difference. In 1995, over here in the U.S., VH's 'Balance' album debuted no. 1 on the charts(their 4th consecutive no. 1, which ties Led Zep) and went multi-platinum. Same story for their Greatest Hits in 1996, also no. 1 and multi-platinum. They where still huge headliners and selling out arenas here.
    But for some reason, despite the fact the brothers are from Amsterdamn, VH aint as huge over in Europe. Partially due to the fact I think they really didnt care to tour over there as much.
    Bon Jovi broke in japan & europe before they ever broke in the states. Overseas they are considered GODS for whatever reason? I mean, they are an ok band, but jeesh, 1000 Bon Jovi's dont equal one VH.. Ed and Richie and Jon all know each other and they did it. But it really shouldnt have happened.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by littleguitars_99:
    Has any story or rumor as of late, no matter how major or minor, stayed even remotely the same as a concrete peice of information??
    No
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Balance tour suprised me how the Mighty Van Halen had fallin. I saw a show at The Mark in the Quad Cities, man, was i embarrased for them. They actually looked lost. Eddies solo was lacking. Im sorry, its David or nothin for me.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit...DLR

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw them on the Balance tour in Providence Rhode Island, and that was the first time that I had ever seen empty seats at one of their shows. It was not a sell out, although it may have been advertised as one. One interesting side note for that show: Edward never played any of his "Frankenstrats". He played a Sunburst Fender Stratocaster for the entire show.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

He played a Sunburst Stratocaster??Really???Do we wear glasses??

Detroit Red Wings

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Runswithscissors:
    The Balance tour suprised me how the Mighty Van Halen had fallin. I saw a show at The Mark in the Quad Cities, man, was i embarrased for them. They actually looked lost. Eddies solo was lacking. Im sorry, its David or nothin for me.
    My wife and I saw then in Houston or Dallas... Don't remember which seince we were moving from one to the other at that time, but it wasn't that good fo a show. A guy did jump on stage and want to box with Sammy... Go figure. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

hey at least bon jovi keeps making music and can keep a band together.

i dig a lot of their stuff and richie is a darn good guitarist who is overlooked. his harmonies with john are great as well

as for vh in europe, who cares. no one gives a shit about them over there

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Van Halen has never been big in Europe because they have rarely toured there.

I remember reading somewhere that there were some hard feelings from the band toward Bon Jovi. Can anyone elaborate?

That sunburst Strat was most likely a Music Man. Jeez.... He wasn't playing the "frankenStrats" by that time.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    I remember reading somewhere that there were some hard feelings from the band toward Bon Jovi. Can anyone elaborate?

seems the band has bad feelings toward everyone doesn't it? gettin old. ya'd think sooner or later if you alienate enough people there'd be no one left

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Speaking as a guy from the UK, I'm f*****g glad it did happen !

Otherwise, it would have meant that I only saw Van Halen live once. Yes one solitary time, when they came around the RHRN tour.

So, them being on the bill along with Thunder and Bon Jovi (and *AHEM* Crown Of Thorns) was great for me.

It was a shame that they were only on for 45 minutes, and that only the first 10 - 15 rows of the stadium were rocking along.

But to me, that was better than nothing.

It was vastly different to the previous show because Ed's hip was really bad at that time. He waddled on stage and just had to stay in one spot all the time. So none of his usual running around stage.

But, if their plan was to amass a new fan base, it didn't work, cuz most of the audience were 12 yuear olds there to see Jon and Richie.

But to answer the original topic. I don't think you can ever count on what a band says, any band. Just look at how they change their belief in their lyrics for God's sake. People change, people forget, the truth gets a little more colour over the years.

At least it makes for good reading huh ?
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    hey at least bon jovi keeps making music and can keep a band together.

i dig a lot of their stuff and richie is a darn good guitarist who is overlooked. his harmonies with john are great as well

as for vh in europe, who cares. no one gives a shit about them over there

JMJ
    Good point JMJ. Bon Jovi at least keeps pouring out music and keeps their fans informed. And Heather Locklear is beautiful.