Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 6,044 Times in 3,285 Posts

Premium Member

Default Locks Cut At Aqueduct That Supplies Water To Greater Boston

The padlocks to hatches of an aqueduct outside of Boston that supplies drinking water to the metropolitan area were found cut Monday, leading to local concerns after there was a trespassing incident last month as well. Officials say the drinking water does not appear to have been tampered with.

WBZ reported the incident occurring at the Hultman Aqueduct in Framingham, which is about 20 miles from Boston and is one of two lines that supplies drinking water. Three of the four padlocks at separate hatches each a half mile apart were found cut while the fourth had evidence of an attempt.

State police are investigating and said “there is no evidence of any crime other than vandalism,” the CBS affiliate stated.

WCVB reported Massachusetts Water Resources Authority spokesperson Ria Convery saying they don’t believe the locks had been cut for long due to scheduled checks of the aqueduct by workers. Frequency of the checks were not noted due to terrorism concerns.

WBZ reported a local resident saying the incident is scary after what happened at the Boston Marathon and that “the first thing that comes to anyone’s head is terrorism.”

The water authority has tested the supply and found no contamination.

“There is no evidence that there was any attempt to disrupt or contaminate the water supply. MWRA’s real-time water quality monitoring shows no change in water quality nor any sign of contamination,” MWRA said in a statement, according to

In mid-May seven people were found trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir in Belchertown prompting an investigation by state police as well. In a statement at the time, MWRA assured locals that its real-time monitoring system would detect any abnormalities in water quality immediately. Still, as an extra precaution water samples were analyzed for safety and found to be normal
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.26.16 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 1,563 Times in 895 Posts

Premium Member

this is the stuff that scares me

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 878 Times in 513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    this is the stuff that scares me
    Terrifying is right.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch