Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 11,776 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default Nominee for Scumbag Of The Year

JESSE VENTURA GOING AFTER SLAIN NAVY SEAL SNIPER CHRIS KYLE’S WIDOW IN COURT

Noted 9/11 truther Jesse Ventura is continuing his defamation lawsuit against deceased U.S. sniper Chris Kyle by going after Taya Kyle, the slain soldier’s widow.

“Lawyers for Ventura have asked a federal court to continue his lawsuit against Chris Kyle…by substituting Kyle’s wife, Taya, as the defendant,” the Minnesota Star Tribune reports.
    http://www.startribune.com/local/209539341.html

Kyle was killed in February when he was shot to death by a former U.S. Marine suffering from PTSD.

Ventura, most famously known for being the guy who dies 45 minutes into “The Predator,” claimed last year that the decorated former SEAL’s book, “American Sniper,” wrongly accused him of starting a California bar fight.

“Although Kyle is deceased, his ‘American Sniper’ book continues to sell and it is soon to be made into a movie,” said Ventura’s motion.

The former wrestler’s lawyer added: Because Kyle’s accusation survives his death, “it would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation.”

Ventura’s lawsuit stems from a claim Kyle made while promoting his book.

Chris Kyle (l) and Jesse Ventura (r). (Getty Images)

The former SEAL said Ventura bad-mouthed and degraded the U.S. military in front of a group of SEALs. Kyle’s accusation, if true, is all the more egregious considering the fact that the SEALs had converged on that particular to commemorate the loss of a comrade who died throwing himself on a grenade.

“He was bad-mouthing the war, bad-mouthing (former President) Bush, bad-mouthing America,” Kyle told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.

“He told us that we were killing innocent people over there, men women children, that we were murders,” Kyle continued, adding that he asked the B list actor to tone down the truther rhetoric just a tad.

“And then he said that we deserved to lose a few guys,” O’Reilly said.

Kyle said he responded by laying out Ventura.

“That happened? You knocked him out?” O’Reilly asked.

“Well, I knocked him down.”

Taya’s attorney on Wednesday responded to the motion, filing an official response and saying that Ventura’s move comes as “a disappointment, but no surprise.”

“Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose,” wrote Kyle’s attorney, “and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes.”

The Star Tribune reports that a hearing is slated for June 17 in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...idow-in-court/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 06.01.13 at 06:44 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

Nice journalism. My lord that might be one of the most one sided things I've ever read.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

Ventura, most famously known for being the guy who dies 45 minutes into “The Predator,”
    Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Jesse. But I wouldn't say 45 minutes is all that bad. Kevin Costner is already dead lying in the casket at the start of The Big Chill!
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Nice journalism. My lord that might be one of the most one sided things I've ever read.
    Even the headline is misleading.
    Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Jesse. But I wouldn't say 45 minutes is all that bad. Kevin Costner is already dead lying in the casket at the start of The Big Chill!

Not the first thing that comes to anyone's mind. The blaze should really be named the brainless. I can't believe anyone reads this shit as news, as comedy maybe.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Kevin Costner is already dead lying in the casket at the start of The Big Chill!
    Kevin Costner's best performance to date.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Guess I don't need to see The Big !#$&@! Chill now, do I?????

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jesse Ventura gets bashed all the time. I have more respect for him than the media. Sure, there are logical razors that one should probably use before going on to elaborate speculation, but his version or reality is probably closer to the real thing than the corporate("they" if you are a lefty)/government("they" of you are a righty) narrative. Like Lennon said, the world is run by insane people for insane objectives.
    Last edited by VF5150; 06.01.13 at 11:10 AM.

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 11,776 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by VF5150 View Post
    Jesse Ventura gets bashed all the time. I have more respect for him than the media. Sure, there are logical razors that one should probably use before going on to elaborate speculation, but his version or reality is probably closer to the real thing than the corporate/government narrative. Like Lennon said, the world is run by insane people for insane objectives.
    This isn't about his version of reality, this is about him being a complete SCUMBAG towards this woman. He got caught in an embarrassing lie and now that Kyle is dead he still wants to cash in? I don't understand how anyone can defend his behavior regardless of how much anyone hates the messenger. That's why there's two links in the post for those who get their panties in a twist about such things.

The days of honoring our American Military heroes may be gone, but among the military Chris Kyle will always be remembered for his accomplishments in the field of battle. Ventura will be remembered as a buffoon wrestler and half assed Governor.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

This isn't about his version of reality, this is about him being a complete SCUMBAG towards this woman. He got caught in an embarrassing lie and now that Kyle is dead he still wants to cash in? I don't understand how anyone can defend his behavior regardless of how much anyone hates the messenger. That's why there's two links in the post for those who get their panties in a twist about such things.

The days of honoring our American Military heroes may be gone, but among the military Chris Kyle will always be remembered for his accomplishments in the field of battle. Ventura will be remembered as a buffoon wrestler and half assed Governor.
    You don't see to have an issue calling a former military man (Ventura) a scumbag. So much for honouring the American military.

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    As a journalist, I might have chosen, "Ventura, former governor of Minnesota," over "Ventura, most famously known for being the guy who dies 45 minutes into 'The Predator.'"

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ToddE View Post
    As a journalist, I might have chosen, "Ventura, former governor of Minnesota," over "Ventura, most famously known for being the guy who dies 45 minutes into 'The Predator.'"
    As a journalist, exactly.

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't know enough about the situation to make a judgement. I will give that it may have been been a shitty thing to do, but we must also respect Ventura's right to challenge slander/liable legally.
    The days of "honoring" military heroes are far from over. The last 10 years have seen some of the most effective and deceitful propaganda in American history. When I was in middle school and the Iraq war was ramping up, I remember hearing Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage say that it was impossible to support the troops and not the war, and that it was the Americans patriotic duty to SHUT UP and support the troops. Anyone who did not support the war was unpatriotic. Anyone who opposed the patriot act was siding with al quada. We heard over and over that "It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who gives the protestor the right to burn the flag." We started reciting the pledge of allegiance every morning in home room, and we watched Bush address the nation about WMDs in social studies.
    We were elaborately lied to.
    Anyone who truly supports the troops will question why they are being send to kill and die. Truth is authority, authority is not truth.
    If anything, with the new awakening that is happening, we are for the first time honoring the soldiers because we are not passively accepting lies and giving up our minds to symbols like flags.

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:28 PM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Truth is authority, authority is not truth.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

I don't know enough about the situation to make a judgement. I will give that it may have been been a shitty thing to do, but we must also respect Ventura's right to challenge slander/liable legally.
    The days of "honoring" military heroes are far from over. The last 10 years have seen some of the most effective and deceitful propaganda in American history. When I was in middle school and the Iraq war was ramping up, I remember hearing Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage say that it was impossible to support the troops and not the war, and that it was the Americans patriotic duty to SHUT UP and support the troops. Anyone who did not support the war was unpatriotic. Anyone who opposed the patriot act was siding with al quada. We heard over and over that "It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who gives the protestor the right to burn the flag." We started reciting the pledge of allegiance every morning in home room, and we watched Bush address the nation about WMDs in social studies.
    We were elaborately lied to.
    Anyone who truly supports the troops will question why they are being send to kill and die. Truth is authority, authority is not truth.
    If anything, with the new awakening that is happening, we are for the first time honoring the soldiers because we are not passively accepting lies and giving up our minds to symbols like flags.
    Well said.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel