Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 11,752 Times in 6,510 Posts

Premium Member

Default Soldier Beheaded in London Attack "You People Will Never Be Safe"

Published: 1:41 p.m. ET Updated: 2:55 p.m. ET

Update II: A man with bloody hands holding what appears to be a meat cleaver and machete spoke to cameras at the scene. He said, “I apologize that women had to witness this today, but in our land, our women have to see the same! You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don’t care about you!”

Update I: Statement from Metropolitan Police commander, via NBC News:

“At approximately 1420 we were called to reports of an assault in John Wilson Street, Woolwich, where one man was being assaulted by two other men.

“A number of weapons were reportedly being used in the attack, and this included reports of a firearm.

“Officers including local Greenwich officers arrived at the scene and shortly after firearms officers arrived on the scene.

“On their arrival at the scene they found a man, who was later pronounced dead. At this early stage I am unable to provide any further information about the man who has died.

“Two men, who we believe from early reports to have been carrying weapons, were shot by police. They were taken to separate London hospitals. They are receiving treatment for their injuries.”

LONDON (TheBlaze/AP) — Two men attacked another man near a London military barracks Wednesday, in what British authorities were investigating as a possible terror act. One man is dead and two others were injured.

Local lawmaker Nick Raynsford said he was told the man attacked was a soldier, according to The Telegraph. Eyewitnesses said the victim was beheaded with some type of knife, The Telegraph and NBC News reported. Officers reportedly shot the attackers, who were also said to have a gun.

.The BBC reported the attackers were shouting “Allahu Akbar.”

While details were scant, Prime Minister David Cameron called the killing “truly shocking” and said he had asked Home Secretary Theresa May to call an urgent meeting of the government’s emergency committee.

A British government official who spoke only on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the investigation said the details that had emerged were indicative of a “terrorist-motivated attack.”

May said she had been briefed by Britain’s domestic security service, MI5, and by police on what she called a “sickening and barbaric” attack.

Britain’s Ministry of Defense said it was urgently investigating reports that a serving soldier was involved in the incident. CNN and NBC News reported the victim was believed to be a solider.

Police said armed officers responded to reports of the assault Wednesday afternoon just a few blocks from a military training barracks in southeast London.

Commander Simon Letchford said reports indicated that one man was being assaulted by two other men, and that a number of weapons – including possibly a firearm – were used in the attack.

He confirmed that one man was found dead at the scene and that two men were shot by police and taken to separate London hospitals. One of them is in serious condition, according to London Ambulance Service.

Live television images of the scene showed a trail of blood staining a pavement, cordoned off streets and crime scene investigators marking the scene.

David Dixon, head teacher of a nearby primary school, said police told him there was a serious incident. He said he saw body lying in the road outside.

He told the BBC that he then made sure children were inside and put the school into lockdown mode. He said he then heard shots fired.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission, which is called in when officers are involved in shootings, confirmed that it is investigating the incident, which took place near the Royal Artillery Barracks.

The barracks – which house a number of the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery and independent companies of the Grenadier and Coldstream Guards – were the site of shooting events during the 2012 London Olympics.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ack-in-london/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Woolwich.html
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 05.22.13 at 12:21 PM.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

This was a very nasty attack by two mentally ill idiots. A man died on the street. The attacker who spoke to the camera had a London accent - didn't sound like a recent immigrant to England to me.

Here's the deal, though. The police shot them. They have them in custody. Their lives are finished - thankfully - but just watch what happens next.

A lot of innocent people are going to get hurt as a result of this. Anyone who looks vaguely "Muslim" is going to be a target. I have just heard that a mosque has already been attacked in the nearby county of Essex. Extremists on the right and immigrant gangs are going to go at it now. The next few days in London, and maybe further afield, have all the hallmarks of tinderbox written on them.

What a shitty week it is going to be. It's been coming for a while though.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

There's just too many
    Last Online

10.26.15 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    This was a very nasty attack by two mentally ill idiots. A man died on the street. The attacker who spoke to the camera had a London accent - didn't sound like a recent immigrant to England to me.

Here's the deal, though. The police shot them. They have them in custody. Their lives are finished - thankfully - but just watch what happens next.

A lot of innocent people are going to get hurt as a result of this. Anyone who looks vaguely "Muslim" is going to be a target. I have just heard that a mosque has already been attacked in the nearby county of Essex. Extremists on the right and immigrant gangs are going to go at it now. The next few days in London, and maybe further afield, have all the hallmarks of tinderbox written on them.

What a shitty week it is going to be. It's been coming for a while though.
    This is so true.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default Brutal, fatal cleaver assault in London called a terrorist attack

London (CNN) -- They first hit the man, thought to be a British soldier, with a car in broad daylight. Then the two attackers hacked him to death and dumped his body in the middle of a southeastern London road.

As the victim -- dressed in what appeared to be a T-shirt for Help for Heroes, a charity that helps military veterans -- lay prone, one of the two attackers found a camera.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone," said a meat-cleaver-wielding man with bloody hands, speaking in what seems to be a London accent.

"The only reasons we killed this man ... is because Muslims are dying daily," he added, in video aired by CNN affiliate ITN. "This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth."

One witness, Michael Atlee, described the gruesome, frenzied and ultimately fatal sequence of events Wednesday afternoon as "a bloody mess."

British Prime David Cameron called it a terrorist attack.

"We will never buckle to terror," Cameron wrote on Twitter.

Home Secretary Theresa May offered a similar assessment Wednesday night of the situation and a similar message of resolve.

"We have seen terrorism on the streets of Britain before, and we have always stood against it," she said. "Despicable acts like this will not go unpunished."

'They were just animals'

A witness, who identified himself only as James, told London's LBC 97.3 radio station that he saw two men standing by the victim, who was on the ground in the British capital's Woolwich neighborhood.

At first James thought they were trying to help the man. But then he saw two meat cleavers, like a butcher would have.

"They were hacking at this poor guy, literally," he told the radio station, as if they were trying to remove his organs.

"These two guys were crazed. They were just not there. They were just animals."

Afterward, the men appeared to want to be filmed, with one of the attackers going over to a bus and asking people to take photos of him as if he wanted to be on TV.

A man who asked not to be identified told ITN that he was on his way to a job interview when he came up on the scene and started filming it. Then, a man with a cleaver and knife in his bloody hands "came straight to me (and) said, 'No, no, no, it's cool. I just want to talk to you.'"

The suspect went to apologize to women who had witnessed the attack, then quickly added "but in our lands our women have to see the same."

"You people will never be safe," he said. "Remove your government. They don't care about you. You think David Cameron is going to get caught in the street when we start busting our guns?

"... Get rid of them. Tell them to bring our troops back so we can all live in peace."

The first call about an assault came in at 2:20 p.m. (9:20 a.m. ET). At some point afterward, police responded, including armed members of a firearms unit, even though British police typically don't carry guns. Metropolitan Police Commander Simon Letchworth noted that "early reports" indicated the attackers had "weapons." Metropolitan Police say they're aware of reports it took 30 minutes for police to arrive.

The suspects rushed at the arriving officers before being shot, James told the radio station. The Independent Police Complaints Commission said the Metropolitan Police informed them at 2:50 p.m. of "an incident," as would happen when police shoot and injure someone.

Letchworth said both suspects were taken to separate London hospitals for treatment. Metropolitan Police Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe later said the two had been arrested, though it wasn't immediately clear if this happened at the hospitals or elsewhere.

"We understand concern about the motivation, and we will work tirelessly to uncover why this occurred and and who was responsible," Hogan-Howe said, adding that his force's counterterrorism unit will lead the investigation. "I understand people want answers, but I must stress we are in the early stages of investigations."

Centuries-old barracks part of London neighborhood

Cameron -- who was in France at the time of the incident but headed back home promptly -- declined to confirm if the man killed was a serving soldier, while Britain's Defense Ministry said it was investigating to see whether that's the case.

Yet Nick Raynsford, a member of Parliament, told CNN that the victim is believed to be a serving soldier who was based at a nearby barracks.

The soldier had apparently been on duty in central London and was returning to the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich when he was attacked, Raynsford said.

The MP described Woolwich as a mixed, multicultural area, adding that troops stationed at the centuries-old military barracks there have a close relationship with locals.

Even as they worked to piece together what happened and why, British authorities beefed up security around Woolwich and all military barracks in London, according to a British government source.

And British Defense Secretary Philip Hammond said the killing was a "very shocking incident" and that the United Kingdom takes the safety of its troops "very seriously," as he headed into Wednesday night to a meeting of the country's civil emergency committee known as COBRA.

The incident raised concerns it may inflame animosity against Muslims, with Metropolitan Police deploying riot police as a precautionary measure. The Muslim Council of Britain, after condemning what it called "a truly barbaric act that has no basis in Islam," urged Muslims and non-Muslims alike "to come together in solidarity to ensure the forces of hatred do not prevail."

Later Wednesday, a man with two knives threw a smoke grenade into a mosque in Essex, a county east of London, and demanded someone come outside to answer to the Woolwich slaying, the mosque's secretary said. The only person inside called police who came quickly and arrested the man, said Al Falah Braintree Islamic Center secretary Sikander Sleemy.

"I believe this was a revenge attack for what happened in Woolwich," Sleemy said. "We strongly condemn what happened in Woolwich. It's not an Islamic act."

That attack had already spurred swift condemnations around the world and especially in Britain -- from a "concerned" Queen Elizabeth II, to London Mayor Boris Johnson's description of a "sickening and unforgivable act of violence," to Labour Party leader Ed Miliband's prediction that the "whole country will be horrified."

That's certainly true for Lauren Collins, who saw the gore up close.

"I still am quite shaken at what I've seen," she told CNN. "I've seen a victim of an awful attack, and I've seen a body of a young man."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/world/...epage-t&page=0
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 05.22.13 at 07:00 PM.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 1,328 Times in 798 Posts

So, all brutal terrorists are "mentally ill idoits"? I wouldn't even classify the killers in that way. I think they were channeling the "true" and "literal" Muslim faith.

Yes, their lives are finished.... unless later, 'Ol England needs some oil (deal) to go through... Or, as you implied, perhaps they will be let go by reason of insanity... But, I see what you mean.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Cryin'
    Last Online

08.10.13 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

^ The "true" and "literal" Muslim faith? Man, that's a pretty strong and messed up thing to say. Religion depends on interpretation; I'm atheist myself but I would never say that, for example, all Christians are bible bashers and therefore are mentally ill. There are some very nice, very down to earth Christians out there. There are some very nice, very down to earth Muslims out there. To say that the "true" meaning of their religion is death and destruction is really quite well...silly.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

To dismiss these men as just "mentally ill idiots" is a serious mistake. They knew what they were doing and they were proud of it. They displayed their hatred for their adopted country and the West proudly.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

To say they are "mentally ill idiots" is not to excuse them or to lessen what they did.

But they are obviously mentally ill. A sane person does not do that.

Whether they do their time in a prison or a secure unit does not make any difference. They're never gettng out. That will never be allowed to happen. Fifty years ago, they would be hanging from a rope by next week.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

To say they are "mentally ill idiots" is not to excuse them or to lessen what they did.

But they are obviously mentally ill. A sane person does not do that.

Whether they do their time in a prison or a secure unit does not make any difference. They're never gettng out. That will never be allowed to happen. Fifty years ago, they would be hanging from a rope by next week.
    Well, chances are good that they'll remain in prison until some corporation or government wants him out. Can anyone say BP and Lockerbie! That fuck stick was convicted of murdering 270 people and was released on supposed "humanitarian" reasons and lived another 3 years. That whole deal stinks to high heaven and that MF'er should have never been released until he assumed room temperature.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

I don't buy the mentally ill statement because had religion never entered their lives, they most likely would never have even considered committing such a deed. Just like the Boston Marathon bombers, the guy who shot up Ft. Hood, 9-11 attackers, daily bombings in Iraq and Afghanistan, the London bombings, Madrid, etc.

The same about the crusades so you don't think its "pick on a Muslim day."

Heck Timothy McVeigh's anti-government beliefs could be considered a religion of some sort.

Mentally ill excuses should be reserved for people who are truly mentally ill. Not one caught up in a cause who will commit atrocities for such a cause. Its a disservice to those who are in fact mentally ill to just go "well since his belief in Islam is so strong, he decided to take matters into his own hand"

If that is the case there are probably 1 billion mentally ill people on the planet that have extreme views with their religion or other crutch. We are truly fucked if we are going to use that card to explain their crimes.

The fact is that there is a sect of Islam that is seriously fucked up. That preaches hate, intolerance and a hate to anything different. Even within their own religion. Once you eradicate or self police that, then maybe you can get somewhere. Heck Christians, atheists, agnostics, etc all hate the Westboro Church. They picket outside their organization because everybody knows their brand of Christianity is fucked up. Yet how many Islams protest outside of rouge mosques? Zero

The sad part is even the worst Christian sect (Westboro) doesn't commit crimes on a monthly basis like worst of Islam.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

So some random dude, who just got done hacking a guy up, with a meat cleaver in his hand and blood all over himself walks up to some guy recording the whole thing and the guy keeps recording?!

Balls.

I'm not ashamed to say that I would have pulled a Usain Bolt and been about 100 yards from this lunatic in about 0.9 seconds flat.

And that's a feat in and of itself, as one of my thighs is about the same size as Usain Bolts waist.
    Last edited by MF5150; 05.23.13 at 05:57 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 6,688 Times in 3,708 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    So some random dude, who just got done hacking a guy up, with a meat cleaver in his hand and blood all over himself walks up to some guy recording the whole thing and the guy keeps recording?!

Balls.

I'm not ashamed to say that I would have pulled a Usain Bolt and been about 100 yards from this lunatic in about 0.9 seconds flat.
    I would have been running behind you trying to keep pace buddy.

Last Online

10.26.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I would have been running behind you trying to keep pace buddy.
    Then they would have caught you because you would have been slipping in shit!
    EDDIE IS THE ULTIMATE ROCK DOG!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 6,688 Times in 3,708 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vanzefflin View Post
    Then they would have caught you because you would have been slipping in shit!
    excellent point - maybe i would run in a different direction instead.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Mentally ill? Not in my opinion. Look, these guys weren't out killing innocent people because they thought space aliens were invading and taking over people's bodies. These were two individuals with deeply held fanatical religious beliefs that they felt justified their actions. What's more, they were calm and collected enough to give a verbal manifesto to people taking video nearby. I agree that it is crazy, but these guys were more than simply mentally ill.

This same behavior was demonstrated by the 9/11 hijackers, the Ft. Hood shooter, the London bombers, the Spain bombers, the underwear bomber, the shoe bomber, the Boston Marathon bombers, and countless attackers in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq. What do they all have in common? Their religion. Simply whitewashing that away and couching it as people who are mentally ill does a disservice to reality and stops us from preventing the root cause of these issues: Islamic radicalism.

That's great he has a British accent, but to me that is all the more alarming: Islamists inside western countries are being radicalized. As a society, we have every right to wonder what the hell is going inside those mosques if they are producing terrorists, so this isn't some "freedom of religion" situation. Look, I don't want people torching their neighborhood mosques because of this, but until Islam is able to root these people out on their own, they can expect outside forces from the government and the neighborhood to be watching. And to give them credit, many groups in America and England have done just that; they've turned over members of their mosque that are radicalized and threatening jihad.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.