Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Default California Jogger Killed During Attack By Pit Bull Dogs

(LOS ANGELES, CA) -- Animal control officers are using a helicopter in the search for four pit bulls suspected of attacking and killing a 63-year-old jogger in Los Angeles County on Thursday.

Local authorities have warned people to be on the lookout for four tan-colored pit bulls. Several other dogs have already been seized in the search for all the dogs that may have taken part in the attack.

Sheriff's Lt. John Corina said the woman, as yet unidentified, died after an attack by four pit bull terriers as she was jogging in Los Angeles County. She died from her wounds on the way to a hospital near the high desert community of Littlerock which is about 65 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

Corina said a woman in a car who saw the attack honked her horn to try to get the dogs to stop, but to no avail.

"When the first deputy on scene saw one dog still attacking the woman, he tried to chase the dog away," Corina said. "The dog ran off into the desert, then turned around and attacked the deputy, the deputy fired a round at the dog and tried to kill the dog, and the dog took off into the desert."

After the attack sheriff's and animal control officials served a search warrant on a home near the site of the attack and took away eight dogs, six of them pit bulls and two of them of mixed breeds.

Investigators are trying to determine whether the dogs were involved in the attack. A 29-year-old man that lived at the house was arrested on suspicion of cultivating marijuana.

Residents who live near where the attack occurred told local TV station reporters that stray dogs are always roaming the area and have attacked people before.

According to data supplied by dogsbite.org there were 38 U.S. fatal dog attacks in the U.S. in occurred in 2012.

Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities, 3 pit bulls contributed to 61% (23) of these deaths.

Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.

Together, pit bulls (23) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 68% of all fatal attacks in 2012. In the 8-year period from 2005 to 2012, this combination accounted for 73% (183) of the total recorded deaths (251).

The breakdown between pit bulls and rottweilers is substantial over this 8-year period, according to dogsbite.org. From 2005 to 2012, pit bulls killed 151 Americans, about one citizen every 19 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 32, about one citizen every 91 days.

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BR...L-DOGS-1345775
    Last edited by Number 47; 05.10.13 at 06:50 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

I don't understand, all the Memes on Facebook show Pitbulls as just being misunderstood...

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

The province i live in banned pit bulls a number of years ago.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I've actually taken to carrying mace when I run. Only because my gun is too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:02 PM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 1,014 Posts

Premium Member

I don't trust those animals. I don't care what anyone says.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I don't trust those animals. I don't care what anyone says.
    I second that. I have come across nice ones, yes, but as a rule I just stay the fuck away. They are the land-based four-legged version of a Great White shark IMO....and I dont pet sharks.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:25 PM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

The person killed in this attack is a relative of someone on one of my other rock band message boards. Sounds like the dogs are a wild pack, probably abandoned by their owners at some point in the past and left to fend for themselves.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

Pit Bulls are the Muslims of the dog world. No matter how many times people say "oh they are really actually quite peaceful" you don't believe it.

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.25.17 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 314 Times in 157 Posts

For every story you post about Pitbulls being harmful, I could post TWO that show they're alright. Basically it all comes down to how one treats the animal and how they're raised. Imagine that?

Pit Saves Woman and Child

Pit Bull Saves Woman From Burning Home

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I've gotten in to fights and lost friends on f/b over this stupid subject.

Pit bulls are simply more prone to attack than other breeds...period. The math simply does not lie. It's a dangerous bread of dog.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

I think that's true. After all, we know and accept certain breeds of dog are predisposed to show certain characteristics - that's why we utilise those qualities in very specific roles, for example, Labrador Retrievers are generally used as guide dogs because they're gentle, amiable, relatively easy to train and eager to please; collies are used as sheepdogs because they're highly intelligent, quick-thinking and nimble; German Shepherds are used as police dogs because their latent aggression can be tempered by their loyalty to their master...

Pit Bulls are bred as fighting dogs because, generally speaking, that is in their nature - they are an extremely volatile and inherently ferocious breed. Of course there are exceptions - but they ARE exceptions - that's why when a Pit-Bull saves somebody (as was demonstrated by the links posted above), it makes headline news; because it's extraordinary.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:29 AM
    Liked 7,889 Times in 4,614 Posts

Premium Member

They're also ugly ass dogs. Nothing about them elicits an "ahh, how cute".

I mostly see thug type punks who want to try and look bad sporting this dog.

Good Enough
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 164 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Pit Bulls are the Muslims of the dog world. No matter how many times people say "oh they are really actually quite peaceful" you don't believe it.
    I actually researched this for an article. I went through reports in Texas over a 10-year period and found four arrests made against men who were raping animals (sheep and horses, to be precise).

Doing the math by working with the population of Texas men and the number of them arrested for rogering horses, it comes out to roughly 1 in 3 million Texas men are horse rapists.

If we apply that same ratio to Muslims, saying horse rapists = Islamic terrorist, it comes to 533 (give or take). I do not know the number of Islamic extremists who committed acts of terror in the same 10-year period, but a quick look shows me 109 events, most with a single suicide bomber, but some with multiple terrorists (such as Sept. 11, 2001). I think 533 is exaggerating the true number, but let's go with it for argument sake.

If you're still with me, the ratio of Texas men who get busted raping horses is roughly the same as the ratio of Muslims who commit violent terrorist acts.

If anyone is comfortable calling Muslims terrorists, you should have the same level of comfort calling Texas men horse rapists.

--------------

As for this dog issue, you have to consider several factors. Most important to me is the media fixation on these stories. Do we have any idea how many poodles bit people the same day? Or for that matter, how many pit bulls bit people that day without doing any real harm?

Second, dogs are mirrors of their owners. Culturally speaking, what sorts of people are pit bull owners? If we could wave a magic wand and turn all pit bulls into chihuahuas instantly, I'd bet my hat we'd start hearing about ankle nipping incidences increasing over time.

Last, do you guys remember 20 or so years ago when rottweilers and dobermans were getting this exact same treatment from the media? (KILLER DOGS! FILM AT 11!) The phrase "If it bleeds it leads" is absolutely true. Those breeds shook the bad press. Pits likely will, too.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

With owning a pit bull comes great responsibility. If the owners don't want to take care of and control their pets then they should be held accountable.

I'm sure there are many nice pit bulls out there. But when I see one running my way as Im jogging. I'm gonna shit my pants then run for dear life.

That being said, I don't jog.

I don't plan on jogging so I probably don't have anything to worry about. But if I see a pit bull Im scared.

I'm such a fucking vagina.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

I suspect part of the problem these ugly ass balls of muscle and teeth have a tendency to attract a particular type of owner.

No not everyone that owns a pit bulls like that, but you know the kinda units I'm talking bout. They don't want a poodle.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......