Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:33 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

Default Chris Christie reveals he had weight-loss surgery

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has revealed that he secretly underwent lap-band stomach surgery just over two months ago to lose weight for the sake of his family.

Christie, 50, told TODAY’s Matt Lauer in a phone conversation that he had the surgery on Feb. 16, just before the President's Day holiday weekend. He said he resumed his very tough work schedule that Tuesday, and has not had any complications.

“I’ve struggled with this issue for 20 years,” he told The New York Post, who first reported the story. “For me, this is about turning 50 and looking at my children and wanting to be there for them.”

Christie, who has had weight issues for decades, denied that trying to lose a significant amount of weight was a move towards a possible presidential run.

“It’s so much more important than that,’’ he told the Post.

The surgery lasted 40 minutes and Christie was back home that day, according to the Post.

Lap-band surgery is not as invasive as gastric bypass. A band squeezes the stomach so that the pouch of the stomach is smaller. Patients eat less and feel fuller sooner, according to NBC News chief medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman. Christie is the “perfect candidate” for this surgery with more than 100 pounds to lose and a body-mass index over 40, Snyderman said.

“A week or two ago, I went to a steakhouse and ordered a steak and ate about a third of it and I was full,” Christie told The Post.

Christie joked during a February appearance on "The Late Show with David Letterman" that he is the “healthiest fat guy around” because he does not have high blood pressure or diabetes. He is capable of losing 100 or more pounds as a result of the surgery, according to Snyderman.

On May 24, Christie will join TODAY as a co-host of the second hour when the show broadcasts live from the Jersey Shore.
    http://www.today.com/news/nj-gov-chr...gery-6C9814050
    My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:13 AM
    Liked 6,815 Times in 3,564 Posts

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:14 AM
    Liked 11,725 Times in 6,496 Posts

Premium Member

Gee,you think he's running for president?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

I know a person who had that surgery 10 years ago at 50 she's now 60 and has gained all the weight back.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Good for him. Hopefully he keeps the weight off.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:33 AM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevh View Post
    Christie joked during a February appearance on "The Late Show with David Letterman" that he is the “healthiest fat guy around” because he does not have high blood pressure or diabetes.
    http://www.today.com/news/nj-gov-chr...gery-6C9814050
    I'd guess John Candy and Chris Farley thought the same thing.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 739 Times in 407 Posts

Premium Member

He's doing it for 2016.

However, I hope he keeps it off. It's not a cake walk surgery - and as someone indicated above, it's REAL easy to put the weight back on. The stomach will stretch - continue to put food in there beyond capacity - it'll happen.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

everyone I know who has had this done has gained the wieght back

just goes to prove that obesity is on its surface a simple issue...calories in....calories out

but underneath that it's like a duck gliding across a lake......lots more going on under the surface than we will ever know. That kind of weight problem is much more than a few bad food choices.

I wish him well....he is right there on the cusp age wise, where all his bad choices are catching up with him and I'll bet that aching feet and sore hips and having to catch his breath after throwing a ball with his kids is probably more the norm for him now and he is starting to understand how he is limiting himself. daily life is probably more what is motivating him than any election,

survivor of the Bowling Green Massacre 9-3-2016 BGSU 10 OSU 77

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I wish him well, but as it has been stated, the surgery is not the cure. He needs to change his lifestyle in order to keep the weight off.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    I'd guess John Candy and Chris Farley thought the same thing.
    I would doubt they had illusions of being healthy fat people. John always feared dying of a heart attack due to his weight. As for Chris he had a pretty bad drug problem that ultimately took his life.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 4,791 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

I have known five people (soon to be 7) who have had it done and its worked for four of them. I look at it as cheating and being lazy. I am a bigger guy but I do jog and lift weights four days a week. The reason why I weigh as much as I do is because I choose to eat and drink beer. If I really wanted to cut the weight, I know what is needed. If I had health issues, i would give it the old college try before making such a life changing decision. That's what I don't understand. You make a sacrifice for your entire life instead of maybe a year.

Oh well I wish him luck. I do like him because he speaks his mind and pisses people off.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

I know 3 people how have had this. One just lost the weight, one has kept it off for several years now, and the other just had it.

The one who just had it is a doctor. She was thin until her 3rd child. It's been 2 years, a physical trainer, and a diet for over a year and no loss. She consulted several other doctors who said she was the perfect candidate. She was very healthy with great endurance, but overweight. So it's not always the lazy way out.

But has anyone seen before and after pics? My friend who just had it 2 weeks ago has lost over 20 pounds, and men lose faster than women, typically. Is there a noticeable difference yet for him?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 4,791 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

Oh I understand that not everybody who has it is being lazy but I honestly have a hard time believing the vast majority of people getting it really honestly tried. All the people I know didn't. Sure they tried a diet for a month. Maybe went to the gym for a week. Heck my friend getting it in a few months has had a family gym membership for the last 5 years and has been to the gym maybe 5 times. He had his consultation just two months ago and after a MONTH, the doctor said "yep lets cut your stomach."

No, "I want you on this diet for a year along with exercise to see if you lose weight." Nope none of that. Didn't care Just a visit and once his insurance covered it, it was good to go.

I know there are cases where people can't lose weight, my wife being one of them. She eats 1000 calories a day but due to her thyroid, can't really lose weight. I have been 295 before and the reason why I and about 99% of the people out there is because they are eating 4500 calories a day and burning 500.

Its an easy way out for the vast amount of people who elect to get it done. Unless you have an issue with your metabolism, one should be able to eat a lower amount of calories and lose weight if they have will power.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

National Democrats out with new 'Bridgegate' video slapping Chris Christie in advance of hearing

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie's deputy chief of staff had advance knowledge of a plan to shut down local access lanes to the George Washington Bridge in September, and was aware that the closures would snarl traffic on Fort Lee streets, according to documents obtained by The Star-Ledger.

"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee," read an email message from the deputy, Bridget Anne Kelly, dated Aug. 13, nearly a month before the Sept. 9-13 closures, which snarled traffic and sparked a scandal that has drawn national attention.

The email was sent to David Wildstein, the former official at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey who gave the direct order to the bridge manager close the lanes. Wildstein received the 7:34 a.m. email on his personal Gmail account from Kelly's personal Yahoo account.

Wildstein responded, "Got it."

Evidence of advance knowledge of the closures by one of Christie's close staffers comes despite repeated assertions by the governor that he had nothing to do with the unannounced closures. The governor has also dismissed a legislative investigation into whether the closures were politically motivated as an attempt by Democrats to score their own political points.

The email was sent to David Wildstein, the former official at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey who gave the direct order to the bridge manager close the lanes. Wildstein

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf..._closures.html

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...f_hearing.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

The establishment wants the 2016 Presidential race to be Hillary v Christie...How about that for a "choice"???
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.