Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:20 PM
    Liked 6,813 Times in 3,562 Posts

Premium Member

Default 3 brothers arrested as missing women found in Ohio home

Three women who went missing in separate cases about a decade ago were found alive in a residential area of Cleveland on Monday, and police said three brothers were arrested in the case.

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath says he thinks the women were tied up in the house where they were found and had been there since they disappeared.

A hospital physician said all three are in "fair condition."

McGrath said the brothers, ages 50, 52 and 54, are being held in the city jail awaiting charges.

Cheering crowds gathered Monday night on the street near the home where police said Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were found earlier in the day.

"This isn't the ending we usually hear to these stories, so we're very happy,'' said Gerald Maloney, an emergency room physician at the Cleveland hospital where all three were being treated.

"They are able to speak with us. Beyond that, I can't go into any further details,'' Maloney said.

Cleveland police released the frantic 911 call Berry made after escaping from the house where she had been living.

"I'm Amanda Berry ... I've been missing for 10 years and I'm here -- I'm free now," she said, her voice distraught and quick, according to an audio recording of the call released Monday night.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...found/2139873/

Last Online

Premium Member

Default 911 call - 'I've been kidnapped!'

Cops find 3 women missing for years

(CNN) -- Amanda Berry was last seen after finishing her shift at a Burger King in Cleveland in 2003. It was the eve of her 17th birthday.

Georgina "Gina" DeJesus disappeared nearly a year later, in April 2004. She was 14.

Michele Knight vanished in 2002, at age 21, according to the Plain Dealer.

Al three were found alive in a home in a Cleveland neighborhood Monday night, police announced in a development hailed as a miracle by their families.

"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," Berry told police in a frantic 911 call from a neighbor's house. "I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here, I'm free now."

Police swiftly moved in on the house where the three of them said they had been and arrested a 52-year-old man, identified as a former school bus driver. Two others, identified as his brothers, ages 50 and 54, also have been arrested, Deputy Police Chief Ed Tomba told reporters late Monday. Only the middle brother lived at the home, Tomba said.

The three women and a fourth person were being treated at Cleveland's Metro Health Medical Center on Monday, said Dr. Gerald Maloney, an emergency room physician there.

"This isn't the ending we usually hear to these stories, so we're very happy. We're very happy for them," Maloney said.

The three women were in fair condition. Maloney would not identify the fourth person being seen at the hospital, but witnesses said Berry, who escaped from the house with the help of a neighbor, had a young child with her.

"They were crazy, screaming, 'Help, call police, please help.' ... They were desperate, crying, running," said Angela Garcia, whose aunt provided the phone for them to call police.

Another 911 call came in less than a minute later from a man who saw Berry busting out of the house.

"She's like, 'This (expletive) kidnapped me and my daughter,'" Charles Ramsey told 911.

DeJesus's mother, Nancy, met with her at the hospital, cousin Sylvia Colon, told CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." She had never given up hope of finding her daughter alive.

"She has always said that she just could feel it, a link a mom can feel, but she always believed Gina was alive and well," Colon said. "She always believed that. I just want to say what a phenomenal Mother's Day gift she gets this Mother's Day."

Brian Cummins, a councilman who represents the area where the women were found, identified the suspect in whose home the women were found as Ariel Castro. His uncle, Julian Castro, told CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" that his family had grown up in the same west Cleveland neighborhood and knew the DeJesus family.

Castro used to work as a bus driver for the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, according to district spokeswoman Roseann Canfora. She did not have specifics Monday night on how long he was employed, when he left, or whether he was fired or left voluntarily.

Ramsey, the neighbor who helped Berry and her child out of the house, told reporters the suspect wasn't known for anything exciting -- "until today."

"We see this dude every day. I've been here a year. I barbecued with this dude. We eat ribs and listen to salsa music," Ramsey said.

And Garcia said neighbors "never saw nothing suspicious."

"We never saw the girls there and we were always outside," she said. "We only saw the guy."

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said there were "many unanswered questions regarding this case, and the investigation will be ongoing." But he added, "I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive."

911 Audio in CNN link >>> http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/us/ohi...und/index.html

Last Online

Premium Member

The local area is on fire with this story. At least 10 friends have lit up facebook with various news stories. This is big.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

What the...? Great news!

How the heck were these three kept secret for all that time? Crazy to think about that, especially here in these United States.

Regardless, fantastic story!

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Last Online

Premium Member

Neighbor: ‘I Got Amanda Berry; Send the Police Out’

http://fox8.com/2013/05/06/neighbor-...he-police-out/

Last Online

Premium Member

Interesting article from 2112. The house where the woman were held is just a few blocks from where they were searching.

Authorities search for evidence in Amanda Berry case after inmate tip

CLEVELAND - The FBI, police and other authorities are digging on Cleveland's west side Thursday morning after receiving a tip about the disappearance of Amanda Berry, who has been missing since 2003.

NewsChannel5 reporter Paul Kiska is at the scene. He said authorities have blocked off an area around West 30th Street and Wade Avenue, set up a tent and are using a cadaver dog to look for remains. The search could stretch into the night, as crews bring in a bigger backhoe.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason said the tip came from a prisoner who has been at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville for murder since 2006. He provided information that a body may be buried where authorities are digging.

Mason said they received the tips weeks ago from inmate Robert Wolford.

“Based on the information we have, this is pretty credible information. I think there’s a good likelihood we’re going to find something,” Bill Mason said.

According to Cleveland police second district commander Keith Sulzer, "Wolford claims to be a first-hand participant in Berry's disappearance."

A neighbor said authorities brought Wolford out to the area in his orange jumpsuit and shackles on Wednesday to help point them in the direction of Berry's remains.

"We've had numerous tips over the years," FBI special agent Vicki Anderson said. "Anything that we feel requires a dig, we will go do it."

"It's a slow process," Sulzer added about digging in the vacant lot for clues. "The FBI is going inch-by-inch, but so far, nothing has been found yet."

Officials said Wolford and Berry were friends.

The family of Gina DeJesus is at the search site to show their support for the Berry family. DeJesus went missing in the same area as Berry one year later. DeJesus has never been found. Officials said Wolford has no knowledge of what happened to DeJesus and is not connected in any way to DeJesus's disappearance.

At 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, authorities ended digging for the day. They said the search for clues will resume on Friday with a backhoe.

The Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office and the Adult Parole Authority joined Cleveland police and the FBI in the investigation.

Berry went missing nine years ago while walking home from her job at the Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. The Cleveland girl was set to turn 17 the next day.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...for-nine-years

Last Online

Premium Member

The 911 dispatcher is already being criticized for the way she handled the call. Go figure.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I can't believe how sick people are in this world.These guys need to be locked up with the biggest baddest predators in prison
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

Local reporters and people around the neighborhood are kind of alluding to the fact there will be bodies found on the property. Makes sense because you don't go and kidnap three girls in three years and then stop for ten.

While three families today are happy, I bet some others won't be.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

awesome story. wild thing is I first heard about it while watching "Hawaii Five-0" which had an episode about girls being kidnapped and held captive (by Henry Rollins!).

Last Online

Premium Member

Did I hear that right, there is a 4th girl who is Amanda's child?... Crazy!

There is a news conference going on right now.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    awesome story. wild thing is I first heard about it while watching "Hawaii Five-0" which had an episode about girls being kidnapped and held captive (by Henry Rollins!).
    oh, and I believe the first girl's name was Amanda!

Glad this story turned out better (at least for the three women and the baby - if there are more that didn't make it, that's not good). Good to have something positive come out of one of these situations.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

You would assume that the other young girl is somebody's daughter. I tell you what I did have a laugh at the interview the guy who rescued the girls. That will go viral in a few days.

I can't believe they are out of the hospital. You would think it might be best to be under observation for a bit longer.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 1,025 Times in 500 Posts

Glad these girls turned up alive... But Jesus, the evil that lurks on this earth.... I hope these 3 assholes who are responsible feel the full weight of justice bear down on them. Solitary confinement for the rest of their natural lives, shackled into their cells, with their food thrown at them instead of being handed to them. I'd constantly blast the heaviest and most obnoxious Death Metal and Rap ever created at high intolerable decibels into their cells 24x7 FOREVER.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    Glad these girls turned up alive... But Jesus, the evil that lurks on this earth.... I hope these 3 assholes who are responsible feel the full weight of justice bear down on them. Solitary confinement for the rest of their natural lives, shackled into their cells, with their food thrown at them instead of being handed to them. I'd constantly blast the heaviest and most obnoxious Death Metal and Rap ever created at high intolerable decibels into their cells 24x7 FOREVER.
    Don't forget the prison raping!

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!