Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.23.12
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    42
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    01.16.16 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

    Default VH screen-printed, limited run posters?

    I've seen a couple versions of VH posters out there for the 2012 tour - most commonly the "Stay Frosty" ice cream poster from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.

    Has anyone seen any limited print posters out there for shows in their area, or may have some in their collection? I'd love to see them.

    Some acts commission a ton of show-specific posters when they tour. (Dave Matthews Band jumps to mind.) I've not seen many for VH... Just curious.

    Apologies if there's a thread set up already somewhere. I've searched, but couldn't find one.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    03.15.13
    Age
    26
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    164
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Jamie's Cryin'
    Last Online

    08.10.13 @ 03:25 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    As far as I know, there haven't been any for Australia. My dad's business normally deals with those short screen-printed runs for international tours over here. And lemme tell you, they are a bitch to do haha! Most designers don't have a clue about how screen printing works. The finished product is gorgeous, but just to give you an idea of the kind of junk people want you to achieve - right now we're doing the screen prints for the Tool tour, and they want the posters to be glow in the dark. Fine. It can be done. Except they want only a few, little stars to be glow in the dark.....that ain't enough glow for glow-in-the-dark to work!

    Anyway, I'm rambling....

    I'll ask around and see if anybody else did some posters, but I don't think any were done for Australia.

  3. #3
    Eruption PT 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.19.00
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,192
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 02:53 PM
    Likes
    296
    Liked 127 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackat View Post
    As far as I know, there haven't been any for Australia. My dad's business normally deals with those short screen-printed runs for international tours over here. And lemme tell you, they are a bitch to do haha! Most designers don't have a clue about how screen printing works. The finished product is gorgeous, but just to give you an idea of the kind of junk people want you to achieve - right now we're doing the screen prints for the Tool tour, and they want the posters to be glow in the dark. Fine. It can be done. Except they want only a few, little stars to be glow in the dark.....that ain't enough glow for glow-in-the-dark to work!

    Anyway, I'm rambling....

    I'll ask around and see if anybody else did some posters, but I don't think any were done for Australia.
    Great stuff.
    Did you get the one from the 98 AUSTRALIAN Tour?
    I got a small one and a mate has a huge one that was put onto timber.
    Also got the one that was around for ADKOT.
    ITS 5150 TIME

  4. #4
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    03.15.13
    Age
    26
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    164
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Jamie's Cryin'
    Last Online

    08.10.13 @ 03:25 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Was too young back then, and my dad had only just gotten back into the screen printing business a few years after that! He has an amazing collection of Midnight Oil/Cold Chisel/INXS posters from the 80's though!

  5. #5
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.23.12
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    42
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    01.16.16 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Looked online and found a couple from last year's tour... the Bridgestone Arena "Stay Frosty" one I mentioned earlier, and one from the Toyota Center.

    If anyone has some in their collection, or has seen others, please share them! Very cool that some artists are getting their chance at making some unique VH prints.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Unchained AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.06.12
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    442
    Last Online

    11.16.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Likes
    25
    Liked 212 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Here's one from 2008 tour...


  7. #7
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    04.09.04
    Posts
    30
    Last Online

    01.11.17 @ 01:37 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    LOVE this one from Kii Arens' shop but have had no success finding a print version...





    Another from Clint Wilson:

    Last edited by jmela; 05.02.13 at 07:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    02.23.12
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    42
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    01.16.16 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    That notebook one is just awesome! I'm checking out Kii Arens' page right now. Lots of great stuff on there.

    Attached is another one I found. This one is from Todd Slater for a show from 2007.


  9. #9
    Unchained AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.06.12
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    442
    Last Online

    11.16.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Likes
    25
    Liked 212 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    I really like this one from 2008...


  10. #10
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,331
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Likes
    299
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJK5150 View Post
    That notebook one is just awesome! I'm checking out Kii Arens' page right now. Lots of great stuff on there.

    Attached is another one I found. This one is from Todd Slater for a show from 2007.

    I'd put that over my bed in a heart beat! Sick poster.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing! evhintexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.12.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    3,039
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Push comes to shove
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Likes
    1,425
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmela View Post
    LOVE this one from Kii Arens' shop but have had no success finding a print version...





    Another from Clint Wilson:

    What is the deal with the one from the Toyota Center ?
    I was there and nothing like that was for sale anywhere !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

    “A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

  12. #12
    Unchained AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.06.12
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    442
    Last Online

    11.16.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Likes
    25
    Liked 212 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Here's another I found...


  13. #13
    Unchained AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.06.12
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    442
    Last Online

    11.16.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Likes
    25
    Liked 212 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    What is the deal with the one from the Toyota Center ?
    I was there and nothing like that was for sale anywhere !!!
    http://store.nakatomiinc.com/vanhale...intwilson.aspx

    Says there were 100 made, 40 of which were to be sold at that site. Looks like they still have some.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The end of gun control, or anarchy? See the chilling possibilities of 3d printed guns
    By bklynboy68 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05.10.13, 05:29 AM
  2. Best Of Deluxe limited Edition
    By Hide Your Sheep in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.01.01, 09:53 AM
  3. Ed's Idiocy Printed in USA Today for the World to See
    By eeez the seat back in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05.22.01, 06:25 PM
  4. Guitar World printed my e-mail!!!
    By Alchemy in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.25.01, 06:35 PM
  5. Limited Edition VH3 Tin 'Q
    By BigBubba in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08.11.00, 10:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •