Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:10 AM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Default 2008 ELECTION FRAUD: Bogus signatures got Obama And Clinton on ballot

Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

A jury in South Bend, Indiana has found that fraud put President Obama and Hillary Clinton on the presidential primary ballot in Indiana in the 2008 election. Two Democratic political operatives were convicted Thursday night in the illegal scheme after only three hours of deliberations in South Bend. They were found guilty on all counts.

Former longtime St. Joseph County Democratic party Chairman Butch Morgan Jr. was found guilty of felony conspiracy counts to commit petition fraud and forgery, and former county Board of Elections worker Dustin Blythe was found guilty of felony forgery counts and falsely making a petition, after being accused of faking petitions that enabled Obama, then an Illinois Senator, to get on the presidential primary ballot for his first run for the White House.

Morgan was accused of being the mastermind behind the plot.

According to testimony from two former Board of Election officials who pled guilty, Morgan ordered Democratic officials and workers to fake the names and signatures that Obama and Clinton needed to qualify for the presidential race. Blythe, then a Board of Elections employee and Democratic Party volunteer, was accused of forging multiple pages of the Obama petitions.

"I think this helped uphold the integrity of the electoral system," the prosecutor, Stan Levco told reporters.

“Their verdict of guilt is not a verdict against Democrats, but for honest and fair elections,” he said.

The scheme was hatched in January of 2008, according to affidavits from investigators who cite former Board of Registration worker Lucas Burkett, who told them he was in on the plan at first, but then became uneasy and quit. He waited three years before telling authorities about it, but if revelations about any forgeries were raised during the election, the petitions could have been challenged during the contest. A candidate who did not qualify with enough legitimate signatures at the time, could have been bounced from the ballot.

The case raise questions about whether in 2008, then candidate Obama actually submitted enough legitimate signatures to have legally qualified for the primary ballot.

“I think had they been challenged successfully, he probably would not have been on the ballot,” Levco told Fox News.

Under state law, presidential candidates need to qualify for the primary ballots with 500 signatures from each of the state's nine congressional districts. Indiana election officials say that in St. Joseph County, which is the 2nd Congressional district, the Obama campaign qualified with 534 signatures; Clinton's camp had 704.

Prosecutors say that in President Obama's case, nine of the petition pages were apparently forged. Each petition contains up to 10 names, making a possible total of 90 names, which, if faked, could have brought the Obama total below the legal limit required to qualify. Prosecutors say 13 Clinton petitions were apparently forged, meaning up to 130 possibly fake signatures. Even if 130 signatures had been challenged, it would have still left Mrs. Clinton with enough signatures to meet the 500 person threshold.

Levco said a total of “100 to 200” signatures had been forged on Obama’s and Clinton’s petitions.

An Indiana State Police investigator said in court papers that the agency examined the suspect Obama petitions and "selected names at random from each of the petition pages and contacted those people directly. We found at least one person (and often multiple people) from each page who confirmed that they had not signed" petitions "or given consent for their name and/or signature to appear."

Numerous voters told Fox News that they never signed the petitions.

"That's not my signature," Charity Rorie, a mother of four, told us when we showed her the Obama petition with her name and signature. She was stunned, saying that it "absolutely" was a fake.

Charity told Fox News that her husband's entry was also a forgery, and that they have never been contacted by investigators or any authorities looking into the scandal.

"It's scary, it's shocking. It definitely is illegal," she told us.

Robert Hunter, Jr. told Fox news that his name was faked, too.

"I did not sign for Barack Obama," he told us. As he examined the Obama petition in his hands, Hunter pointed out that "I always put 'Junior' after my name, every time...there's no 'Junior' there

Even a former Democratic Governor of Indiana, Joe Kernan, told Fox News that his name was forged.

“This is a bitter sweet moment for free and fair elections," observed Ryan Nees, the Indiana born Yale “University senior who first exposed the scheme in the independent political newsletter, Howey Politics Indiana and South Bend Tribune.

Nees said the multiple guilty verdicts were "bitter, because a five-person conspiracy succeeded in illegally placing two presidential candidates on the ballot, but sweet because they were exposed, tried for their crimes, and convicted."

Nees previously told Fox News that the fraud was clearly evident, "because page after page of signatures are all in the same handwriting," and that nobody raised any red flags "because election workers in charge of verifying their validity were the same people faking the signatures."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2RZvXPLdF
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 04.26.13 at 07:06 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

"Fraud" and "Obama" in the same sentence? Gee, how shocking.

And I'm sure it didn't stop there. I have no doubt there was plenty of shady shit going on to get him re-elected. It makes absolutely no common fucking sense that the majority of this country wanted 4 more years of that asshole.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I'm sure all the indictments will be forthcoming lol.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Right, Indiana is where the primaries begin.
    Obama and Clinton would have never gotten in the primaries otherwise!
    Fox News!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:08 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabby gabbster View Post
    Fox News!!
    No kidding, I mean c'mon, they may have committed voter fraud, but the undertone that Obama wouldn't be President without said fraud is ridiculous.

Don't they have birth certificates to investigate?

The DNC had already coronated him as the front runner, no way he wouldn't get on the ballots. And saying Clinton wouldn't have been on the ballot is like saying Jeb Bush won't make it onto the ballot in the next Republican primary.

Crazy talk.

Speaking of crazy, I think an internet first just happened, Gabby and I agreed on something. The web will explode in 5,4,3,2....
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabby gabbster View Post
    Fox News!!
    Hahahahaha, Fox News made it all up and sensationalized it!

Only not. Two guys admitted to this fraud and the third guy was just convicted of it.

Prior to the Indiana Primary, the delegate count was 1608.5 for Obama and 1514.5 for Clinton. By June 3rd it was Obama: 1794.5, Clinton: 1732.5. Without talking about momentum, just straight numbers, if Obama didn't qualify for Indiana and Clinton did, which is the most likely scenario of the story, The final delegate count after June 3rd would have been 1766.5 Clinton and 1760.5 Obama.

So I think the story is significant.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

Yup, we should've had President John McCain. We really missed out!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:08 AM
    Liked 18,161 Times in 8,975 Posts

Hillary won it anyway, receiving 38 out of the 72 delegates, so let's just say for shits and giggles Obama didn't actually deserve to be on the ballot.

A) it seems fraud was conducted on the behalf of both candidates, actually, even more for Hillary. This to me shows that it was just laziness, and not an attempt to affect the election. You could go door to door for a weekend and get 500 signatures.

B) even if Hillary received the other 34, or Obama the other 38, or if neither of them received any, it wouldn't have really changed the thought that they were tied after Super Tuesday, so I think the momentum argument is not really that big a deal.

C) where Obama won the candidacy was in the events after Super Tuesday, he just cleaned her clock after that, due mainly to problems within her own campaign and also demographics of those states playing to his advantage.

D) he won by over 100 delegates, so even if he shouldn't have been on the ballot, he would have still technically won.

E) you can't go back in time. If the signatures had been determined to be fraudulent earlier, a campaign of his size could have easily gotten the signatures.

Listen, I can't stand the guy, I think he is an absolutely dreadful President, but he didn't do anything wrong here. He can't control fraud at the Board of Elections. Now, if it shown that these people were getting money from the Obama and/or Clinton campaigns to do the forgeries, ok, then we have a serious problem.

But until then, I really do believe this is just people being lazy asses.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

adkot/wacf
    Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme/as is
    Last Online

01.15.16 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Default why so much hate for the black dude huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

A jury in South Bend, Indiana has found that fraud put President Obama and Hillary Clinton on the presidential primary ballot in Indiana in the 2008 election. Two Democratic political operatives were convicted Thursday night in the illegal scheme after only three hours of deliberations in South Bend. They were found guilty on all counts.

Former longtime St. Joseph County Democratic party Chairman Butch Morgan Jr. was found guilty of felony conspiracy counts to commit petition fraud and forgery, and former county Board of Elections worker Dustin Blythe was found guilty of felony forgery counts and falsely making a petition, after being accused of faking petitions that enabled Obama, then an Illinois Senator, to get on the presidential primary ballot for his first run for the White House.

Morgan was accused of being the mastermind behind the plot.

According to testimony from two former Board of Election officials who pled guilty, Morgan ordered Democratic officials and workers to fake the names and signatures that Obama and Clinton needed to qualify for the presidential race. Blythe, then a Board of Elections employee and Democratic Party volunteer, was accused of forging multiple pages of the Obama petitions.

"I think this helped uphold the integrity of the electoral system," the prosecutor, Stan Levco told reporters.

“Their verdict of guilt is not a verdict against Democrats, but for honest and fair elections,” he said.

The scheme was hatched in January of 2008, according to affidavits from investigators who cite former Board of Registration worker Lucas Burkett, who told them he was in on the plan at first, but then became uneasy and quit. He waited three years before telling authorities about it, but if revelations about any forgeries were raised during the election, the petitions could have been challenged during the contest. A candidate who did not qualify with enough legitimate signatures at the time, could have been bounced from the ballot.

The case raise questions about whether in 2008, then candidate Obama actually submitted enough legitimate signatures to have legally qualified for the primary ballot.

“I think had they been challenged successfully, he probably would not have been on the ballot,” Levco told Fox News.

Under state law, presidential candidates need to qualify for the primary ballots with 500 signatures from each of the state's nine congressional districts. Indiana election officials say that in St. Joseph County, which is the 2nd Congressional district, the Obama campaign qualified with 534 signatures; Clinton's camp had 704.

Prosecutors say that in President Obama's case, nine of the petition pages were apparently forged. Each petition contains up to 10 names, making a possible total of 90 names, which, if faked, could have brought the Obama total below the legal limit required to qualify. Prosecutors say 13 Clinton petitions were apparently forged, meaning up to 130 possibly fake signatures. Even if 130 signatures had been challenged, it would have still left Mrs. Clinton with enough signatures to meet the 500 person threshold.

Levco said a total of “100 to 200” signatures had been forged on Obama’s and Clinton’s petitions.

An Indiana State Police investigator said in court papers that the agency examined the suspect Obama petitions and "selected names at random from each of the petition pages and contacted those people directly. We found at least one person (and often multiple people) from each page who confirmed that they had not signed" petitions "or given consent for their name and/or signature to appear."

Numerous voters told Fox News that they never signed the petitions.

"That's not my signature," Charity Rorie, a mother of four, told us when we showed her the Obama petition with her name and signature. She was stunned, saying that it "absolutely" was a fake.

Charity told Fox News that her husband's entry was also a forgery, and that they have never been contacted by investigators or any authorities looking into the scandal.

"It's scary, it's shocking. It definitely is illegal," she told us.

Robert Hunter, Jr. told Fox news that his name was faked, too.

"I did not sign for Barack Obama," he told us. As he examined the Obama petition in his hands, Hunter pointed out that "I always put 'Junior' after my name, every time...there's no 'Junior' there

Even a former Democratic Governor of Indiana, Joe Kernan, told Fox News that his name was forged.

“This is a bitter sweet moment for free and fair elections," observed Ryan Nees, the Indiana born Yale “University senior who first exposed the scheme in the independent political newsletter, Howey Politics Indiana and South Bend Tribune.

Nees said the multiple guilty verdicts were "bitter, because a five-person conspiracy succeeded in illegally placing two presidential candidates on the ballot, but sweet because they were exposed, tried for their crimes, and convicted."

Nees previously told Fox News that the fraud was clearly evident, "because page after page of signatures are all in the same handwriting," and that nobody raised any red flags "because election workers in charge of verifying their validity were the same people faking the signatures."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2RZvXPLdF

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Hillary won it anyway, receiving 38 out of the 72 delegates, so let's just say for shits and giggles Obama didn't actually deserve to be on the ballot.

A) it seems fraud was conducted on the behalf of both candidates, actually, even more for Hillary. This to me shows that it was just laziness, and not an attempt to affect the election. You could go door to door for a weekend and get 500 signatures.

B) even if Hillary received the other 34, or Obama the other 38, or if neither of them received any, it wouldn't have really changed the thought that they were tied after Super Tuesday, so I think the momentum argument is not really that big a deal.

C) where Obama won the candidacy was in the events after Super Tuesday, he just cleaned her clock after that, due mainly to problems within her own campaign and also demographics of those states playing to his advantage.

D) he won by over 100 delegates, so even if he shouldn't have been on the ballot, he would have still technically won.

E) you can't go back in time. If the signatures had been determined to be fraudulent earlier, a campaign of his size could have easily gotten the signatures.

Listen, I can't stand the guy, I think he is an absolutely dreadful President, but he didn't do anything wrong here. He can't control fraud at the Board of Elections. Now, if it shown that these people were getting money from the Obama and/or Clinton campaigns to do the forgeries, ok, then we have a serious problem.

But until then, I really do believe this is just people being lazy asses.
    All I was saying is to just laugh and say, "Oh, Fox News. Those guys are crazy!" is not a serious reaction to it.

The actual estimated delegates versus what happened at the convention is different, but by estimated delegates, Hilary comes out on top going into the convention.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:10 AM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    All I was saying is to just laugh and say, "Oh, Fox News. Those guys are crazy!" is not a serious reaction to it.

The actual estimated delegates versus what happened at the convention is different, but by estimated delegates, Hilary comes out on top going into the convention.
    Seriously, people were found guilty and are going to jail for what they did. This isn't something to snicker at especially when there were other states where there were accusations of election fraud. We will never know what the hell happened in those states because of party corruption.

No, this doesn't change things but maybe, just maybe, some people will wake up and stop putting party over principle. I'm sick of the party politics in a time where there are so many issues that should be uniting both sides. It's time to stop looking the other way just because your guy or gal is in charge. The perfect example is how we're now making a case to get involved in Syria because of WMD's. Sound familiar? Btw, those crickets you're hearing? That's the left side of the aisle that was so vocal during the Bush years. Oh, and can we at least unite to stop Jeb Bush from running?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton