Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Sammy Hagar Would Love to Hang Out With Eddie Van Halen Again

From ultimateclassicrock.com:

The relationship between Sammy Hagar and Van Halen has been strained, to say the least, for quite a number of years now. However, in a new interview, the singer and alcohol magnate says that he’d love to try to patch things up with Eddie Van Halen.

Hagar was asked by Vegas Rocks! (via Blabbermouth), what he would say to the guitar legend if he had the opportunity. Without much hesitation, Hagar spoke of his willingness to reconnect. The video is embedded below.

“Well, right now I’d say, ‘Wow. Great. I’ve seen some pictures of you recently. You look like you’re healthy and doing great,” he told Sally Steele. I’m really proud of you and I’d like to see you continue doing that. Here’s my phone number. Call me up if you wanna hang and just have some fun and goof off.’”

However, Hagar acknowledged that he learned his lesson from his previous attempt at reuniting with Van Halen. He said that he would be more cautious about any further projects with the band, while also practically demanding that his old buddy be brought back into the fold.

“And whatever that led to,” he continued. “I wouldn’t say, ‘Hey, let’s get together and do it again,’ because you would have to do that slow, because I would never do it again under the last circumstances. But I would do it again under different circumstances. So it’d be like that. And then I would also say, ‘And also here’s Mikey’s [Anthony] phone numbers with mine.’”

Of course, Hagar doesn’t need to be in Van Halen. In addition to his work with Chickenfoot, he’s currently working on a new solo album to be released this year. Last month he reunited in the studio with his former Montrose bandmates Bill Church and Denny Carmassi.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

This, for the most part is nothing new. He's said that repeatedly in the past. The new part is about his cautiousness about a reunion in the future.

I've said for years that they need to meet in a shrink's office (much like Aeromsmith did) and rebuild the band as friends long before they ever pick up an instrument. I mean nothing negative by that. If they want to get back together, it has to be in a healthy way. 2004 was a huge mistake because they picked up where they left off in 1996, without working out their issues.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Agreed. A whole lot of therapy would be needed first. I would actually like to see Mike back in the band first though. With Wolfie's blessing of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

The Eddie of 2013 seems to be a different person than the Eddie of 96 or 2004, which is a good thing.

I would bet that if they met up randomly, they would be instant friends again. I don't think they'd play together, but I hope before one of them kicks it that they have the opportunity to talk things over. Same thing with Mike.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I don't buy into the whole therapy..."Metallica" treatment, to be honest. I don't think that's needed with all the time that has passed.

These guys were friends for 9 years and things went south rapidly during the final two. 2004 was a very dark time for Ed mentally and physically so we can somewhat exclude that period. Ed seems to be in a much better mental and ohysical state not too mention sober. I think both Sam and to a larger extent Eddie have different frames of mind and reference now. Theyre different people (Ed is a totally different person now compared to 2004). I think if they ran into each other and got to talkin they'd mend fences pretty quickly.

Sams more laid back now than he ever has been so Im sure, as he has even said, he could forgive and forget provided Ed is sober, which by all accounts he is.

Now, the question that always pops into my mind whenever Sam gets asked about Ed and their relationship is why are these questions NEVER posed to Ed? Obviously his wife/publicist has a pretty strict set of guidelines for interviews because there is no way an interviewer would NOT ask him about Sam after all this time.

I'd like to see one interviewer with a some balls man up and ask Ed about Mike. Not in a condemning manner, but just about Ed's relationship with Mike in the past and if he's ever thought about mending fences with him (and Sam).

Say what you want about Sammy and how he should STFU....the guy doesn't every shy away from questions. I never understood people begrudging Sam answering questions about VH. It's not like he asks the interviewer to ask him questions about VH so he can stir the shitpot. He just answers whatever question is thrown his way. He'll give you an answer, straight up as he sees it.

You gotta respect that.
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.07.13 at 12:03 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    This, for the most part is nothing new. He's said that repeatedly in the past. The new part is about his cautiousness about a reunion in the future.

I've said for years that they need to meet in a shrink's office (much like Aeromsmith did) and rebuild the band as friends long before they ever pick up an instrument. I mean nothing negative by that. If they want to get back together, it has to be in a healthy way. 2004 was a huge mistake because they picked up where they left off in 1996, without working out their issues.
    Sam's already done his session.

Anybody who's seen the movie 50/50... LOL! at about the 28 second mark.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Sam's already done his session.

Anybody who's seen the movie 50/50... LOL! at about the 28 second mark.
    I had never seen this piece with Dr. Drew.

Hopefully, someday Sam and Ed can patch things up.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:29 PM
    Liked 18,184 Times in 8,987 Posts

I hope they patch up their friendship, and I would be fine with Sam and Ed doing something, would actually be interested in buying it, but just not in VH. At this late point in their careers, I think ANOTHER lineup change would be a killer.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    . If they want to get back together, it has to be in a healthy way. 2004 was a huge mistake because they picked up where they left off in 1996, without working out their issues.
    I'd say 2004 was a huge mistake because Ed was fucking off his fuckin rocker not because of unresolved conflicts from 8 years prior.

If Ed was in the same health and mindset he is now, in 2004. We wouldn't be having this discussion. Sam and Mike more than likely would be in the band, IMO.
    Last edited by MF5150; 04.07.13 at 09:07 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but as far as what Sammy would say to Eddie Van Halen.. I believe he should start with an apology. Sammy trashed Eddie in his book, and in the subsequent interviews following, and you would think Eddie is not going to forget about that anytime soon...
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:29 PM
    Liked 18,184 Times in 8,987 Posts

They would have to both apologize, or as DLR has said about the current incarnation, paraphrased "we just had to admit we were all wrong at some point and develop selective amnesia".

There are things said by both of them that you can't take back or apologize away, you just have to make a decision to forget about, admit you are different people than you were then and see if you can be friends NOW, not go back and try to right the wrongs from 1996 though 2004.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Love 'em all! (esp. F.U.C.K)
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 1,228 Times in 845 Posts

Agreed. BOTH parties (ie, Sam and Ed) have done wrong by each other at some point in the past. It's futile now to go back over old ground without stirring up a hornets' nest - fruitlessly. Agree that it's water under the bridge and move on - that would be the only way forward, in my view.

The Mike issue is slightly different...From all the evidence we've seen / heard over the years, this is a man who was treated pretty reprehensibly by EVH - and for no apparent reason. I do believe, therefore, that if anyone is owed an apology, it's him. And, yet, ironically, he's the one person who would probably insist it isn't necessary.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but as far as what Sammy would say to Eddie Van Halen.. I believe he should start with an apology. Sammy trashed Eddie in his book, and in the subsequent interviews following, and you would think Eddie is not going to forget about that anytime soon...
    Well, he didn't trash him. He told the truth. I differentiate between the two. Not that he doesn't have anything to apologize for. But I don't think the book is one of them. Sammy was telling HIS story and Eddie was a big part of it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

08.30.13 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to see a duel singer world tour. I think Van Halen should give the fans both singers and perform all the classics with Michael Anthony on stage. Wolfgang is a great kid he actually went across the other side of the room @ cafe wha? to come shake my hand. I would never say he should leave the band. I just really wanna see the original lineup on stage for just one show.
    Eat Us And Smile!!

www.davidleerothfans.com
    Webmaster

=WARF=